Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Doping news....surprising... [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Her is a link to an interview she gave with triathletemag.com. What it came down to was for her levels of testosterone that high she would have had to ingest/injectd 8-10 prior to the test being adminstered.

http://www.triathletemag.com/...D=92&pageID=1705

http://www.triathletemag.com/...D=92&pageID=1705
For special needs bottles to have been tampered with, there'd have to be an orally bioavailable form of testosterone that someone could dump in her drink. If that oral form is available, then why do people inject?

Funny! you act with Nina exactly the way you complain we acted with Katja...
If you've read my posts before on Nina, you know what I think about him...and I am fairly sure that what you suggest is probably true that the idea came from him (although at the end, he surely didn't force her...but she is not the smartest person and quite influentiable)...

I know Nina and was 100% sure she was clean...how wrong was I!

Maybe it's the same thing with KS. Keep in mind that she hasn't been cleared at all...she is not 2nd at IMG anymore.

That said, I agree that the super high testosterone values are very surprising to say the least...
Quote Reply
Re: Doping news....surprising... [A mermaid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"No one has mentioned that the amount of this injested drug was unimagineable. 'Would have put her in the mental ward'.".....

"Why is the idea of someone tainting Katja's special needs bottle so far fetched?"

Which is it?? That there is no way that much was in her system, or that if there was that much in her system it was due to a tainted special needs bottle? If the test is flawed, argue the flawed test. If something was tampered with, argue that. One of your positions invalidates the other.
Quote Reply
Re: Doping news....surprising... [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. I'm not arguing. I'm asking the questions. Something is wrong here.

The point about the levels of the drug in her system and her mental state, referring to ongoing supplementing and the effect it would have had on her. But does a one time use of such a large amount run right through the system and have little or no effect in competition? Or should she have been physically sick - faster - slower...?

OR

What happens to a specific urine sample taken in the drug test if it is contaminated, opened, and or exposed to heat?

We may never know since there will be no further investigation. But there seems to be possible situations that could prove her innocence. Katja claims not to have felt any different during the race. And she holds strong to the claim that she never took any drug.

I'm sure that Katja never believed in the claims of athletes who tested positive before either. But when a sport/athlete goes through an experience like this, it becomes clear there is more to the performance enhancing drug world and the possibility for error than could be imagined. There are plenty of coverup stories. But there are also flaws in the testing system and lives are changed for good - right or wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are two things (one on Katja's side, the other not on her side)

1. the amount of testosterone was apparently VERY high and it is impossible the readings were so high unless she either got a massive injection just before the race or got some during the race (for what??)

2. if a bottle was tainted, the taste would have been awful...and she wouldn't have drunk it...

I agree that the fact that some samples were dropped etc. doesn't look good for the testers etc. but the organization that did the testing denies that the samples were dropped...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
btw, what's your link with Katja?? I can't help noticing that you registered today and only posted on this topic...

if the same thing happened to Olaf for instance, who is my best mate, and whom I trust entirely, I'd stand here in no time and sure wouldn't have to hide...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree that the testing procedures are not handled in a way that would instill confidence, since a positive test could be sort of a death sentence for a professional athlete.

This raises the question why professional athletes are in general not interested in contributing to improve the quality of the testing procedures?

Bashing the testers without contributing constructively to the testing process and procedures raises the question if Pros actually may be perfectly content with a "flawed" testing system (because they can contest it anytime and may get away with it?).

Regarding you mentioning the age-group PED abuse:

Age groupers tend to use the garden variety of PEDs, which are easy detected (if tested for). The majority of age groupers do not possess the knowledge or sophisticated "medical" support that many of the high ranked pro athletes might have. On the flip side their means of income does not evaporate with a positive test.... So you are comparing apples to oranges there.

Regards

adrialin

(BOMK, racing drug and supplement free since 1985)
Quote Reply

Prev Next