Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [weiwentg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's today's update from the french sports press:

"Après l'ouverture d'une enquête judiciaire pour suspicion de dopage, Lance Armstrong s'est dit «déçu» mais «sûr d'être blanchi» et désireux de continuer à courir en France.

«Je suis déçu de la décision du juge d'ouvrir une enquête sans m'avoir d'abord entendu. Je me rendrai disponible à tout moment et tout endroit pour rencontrer les enquêteurs», indique le sextuple vainqueur du Tour de France. «Je les invite également à détailler l'historique de mes contrôles antidopage. J'ai été testé 22 fois rien que l'an dernier,» précise le Texan qui ajoute qu'il courra Paris-Nice comme prévu en mars.

L'Américain, qui a attaqué les auteurs et l'éditeur du livre «L.A. Confidential, les secrets de Lance Armstrong» pour diffamation, a toujours nié tout recours aux produits dopants et réitère dans son communiqué : «Je n'utilise pas et n'ai jamais utilisé de produits dopants.»"

It basically says: After the opening of the judicial case on doping Lance says he's "disappointed but is sure of being exonerate" and wants to continue racing in France. "I"m disappointed by the decision of the judge to open the investigation without telling me. I will make myself available to them anytime. I invite them to look at my history of anti-doping controls - I was tested 22 times last year". Lance adds that he still plans to race Paris-Nice in March. It finishes by saying Lance is still attacking the authors of LA Confidential and re-affirms his stance that he has never used PEDs...
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [weiwentg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
...but it does seem like Tom is playing mind games with us.
Hogwash. You want mind games buddy, go see what Tom's been posting in the Hottie Thread.
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Sources close to the investigation suggest he will be detained if he attempts to reenter France for questioning.
Is that the same as "Sources close to the investigation suggest he will be detained for questioning, if he attempts to reenter France???"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure but I heard that he may be taken into custody if he tries to enter Alabama...seemingly the Cajuns have really taken a like'in to our hero in yellow and want to take him on a canoe trip with Burt Reynolds (who has been their sex slave since Hollywood threw him out - freaky thing is they make him wear the chicken outfit from Stroker Ace)....just a rumor, I do hope that the French get him first.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [StillRecord10Ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cajuns ... in Alabama?
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Sources close to the investigation suggest he will be detained if he attempts to reenter France for questioning."

Sounds like we should expect Mr. Armstrong to be arrested on his way to race Paris-Nice.
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, sounds like either that was wrong or it changed. Or.....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We ain't got no cajuns in Bama son . . . only rednecks . . .

And Deliverance took place in North Georgia . . . You got a pretty mouth boy
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My people don't live in Alabama.

Not by choice anyway.
I'm stuck here in Maryland.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's funny. I logged on today hoping I could get pissed about someone's stupid obsession with something. Thanks Tom! Who or what else should we attack for no reason other than our own personal baggage we don't come clean about?
Quote Reply

Prev Next