Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained.
Quote | Reply
European news sources reveal Lance Armstrong is under investigation for illegal use of performance enhancing drugs.

Sources close to the investigation suggest he will be detained if he attempts to reenter France for questioning.

Here is a link to a Canadian source.

http://www.cbc.ca/...armstrong010520.html

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Last edited by: Tom Demerly: Jan 20, 05 14:41
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://slam.canoe.ca/...01/20/904867-ap.html

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wasn't there already a couple year long investigation of Lance Armstrong and US Postal by French authorities? Were there any findings released when that investigation was closed?

I wouldn't be that surprised if Lance were using PEDs because I've grown cynical as I've grown older. I would be surprised, however, if he were taking anything that all of the other top cyclists were not also taking.

Of course, the most interesting thing about all this post is one of Mr. Demerly's associates, what he might know, what he might have told Tom, but that Tom will never tell us. And, appropriately so.
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [CTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is as inappropriate to assume that any of my associates have spoken to me regarding the affairs of Lance Armstrong as it is to assume that Lance Armstrong himself is involved in any alledged extra-legal activities.

In both cases, such assumptions are poorly informed and misguided.

These news sources, published in the media, are official information that is available and credible. While other informaton may exist, it is not confirmed.

The transition of these concerns, as outlined in the book, "L.A. Confidential" to an official inquiry is newsworthy.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Last edited by: Tom Demerly: Jan 20, 05 14:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting but not surprising - however nowhere in those articles do I see any reference to the "(s)ources close to the investigation (who) suggest he will be detained if he attempts to reenter France for questioning. (sic)" Have I just read over it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where, exactly, is there anything in the article to which you linked that says Armstrong is to be detained?

I've read your linked article and several others today. I've seen absolutely no mention of it except in your post.

Bob C.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Tom in the articles there is absolutely no mention of any possible detention. Are you drawing information from somewhere else that you didn't link?

Brian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know whether Lance Armstrong has used PEDs. I don't assume that he has either. All I said was that I would not be surprised if he had. These are very different things. And, not being surprised is more a reflection of what does go on in top level sports. You don't really think that half the US national swim team actually had asthma in 1996, do you?

I certainly didn't mean to give any offense. As far as your associates go, one of your riding buddies does almost certainly knows if Lance Armstrong has used PEDs. Which, again, is something that I do not know. I am sending you a PM regarding what it seems that you have implied, either intentionally or inadvertentlym in the past as I don't want to continue this particular conversation in public.
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [pedalincoastal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no detention...the french newspapers say there is the start of an investigation...but he will not be arrested...presumption of innocence in France too...
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know what all this noise is about. He can't be guilty. He's an American. Hello?!?!?
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, but we don't care, we're Ze FRench!
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pooks, you're getting mega smartasscoach points today!

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stupid French people. They still don't get it. PED's are just like nuclear devices, only the US gets to use them and have possession of them. Duh.
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [psycholist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It doesn;t mention that in the article. Sources close to the investigation suggested it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mega smartasscoach points

Ohhh.....can we have a points competition???? :-B

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [CTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I realize that Tom is a good freind of Frankie Andreu and Frankie a former teamate of Lances. But suppose you are Lance after cancer, making a comeback. You decide to take PEDs. Wouldn't you hide that fact from everyone possible? I just don't see why his teamates, masseur, mechanic, postman, and hairdresser are all automatically assumed to know. I have no idea if he has or hasn't, but I've got to believe he'd be pretty discrete about it.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [smtyrrell99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think there is some, perhaps understandable, assumption that I have had conversations with former team mates of Lance Armstrong regarding athletes using performance enhancing drugs.

I have had no conversations with former team mates of Lance Armstrong on the topic of any team member using perfromance enhancing drugs.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]I think there is some, perhaps understandable, assumption that I have had conversations with former team mates of Lance Armstrong regarding athletes using performance enhancing drugs.

I have had [b]no conversations[/b] with former team mates of Lance Armstrong on the topic of any team member using perfromance enhancing drugs.[/reply]

Well, have you had conversations with "sources close to the investigation"? Where did that detention thing come from?

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your subject line says, "Armstrong to be detained." It doesn't say "Sources close to the investigation suggest Armstrong to be detained."

Bob C.

Bob C.

The "science" on any matter can never be settled until every possible variable is taken into account.
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sources close to the investigation suggest he will be detained if he attempts to reenter France for questioning.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [smtyrrell99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Styrrell wrote: I just don't see why his teamates, masseur, mechanic, postman, and hairdresser are all automatically assumed to know. I have no idea if he has or hasn't, but I've got to believe he'd be pretty discrete about it.

Not to mention that he is reportedly tested without warning at his home, or apartment, or hotel throughout the year. Not one positive test that I'm aware.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only see:

"Michigan triathlon store owner Tom Demerly continues to suggest that sources close to the investigation suggest he will be detained if he attempts to reenter France for questioning"

;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, You need to change the subject line of this post. The subject line is quoting news articles that Armstrong will be detained. The articles you posted the links to do not say this in any way. You are losing a lot of credibility here. CST
Quote Reply
Re: AOL News and Le Parisien: Armstrong to be detained. [Can'tSwimTim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, I'm not sure about losing credibility, but it does seem like Tom is playing mind games with us. I didn't know he was in psy-ops ;)
seriously, Tom, please amend the header ... unless it's some sort of allegory to the sensationalist book that started this whole fracas on unsubstantiated circumstantial evidence.
Quote Reply

Prev Next