Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Randy Knows Jammers [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Booth you are so wrong on that one. I love to wear Jammers ie surf trunks at the Y pool and kick most of the lap swimmers asses. Yea I used to swim in college, and I am way slower than I used to be, but I can still hold 1:10 -1:15 for ten hundreds on the 2 min or min half if I push. They provide plenty of drag, then when you wear your lycra you feel like flying. So the baggier the better.

Living in Hawaii helps cause on some days I wear them as all purpose shorts. Go get groceries, go beach, ride mtb for an hr. Watch TV, drink a few beers, take wife out for dinner and never change pants, on and off T-shirt a few times and change slippers to running shoes as needed. Can't get away with that in cold climes, but in Hawaii it is a lifestyle. G
Quote Reply
Re: Resolution: Guys Who Wear Swimming "Jammers" Have Issues! [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think that the jammers are a dead give away on whether or not you are a triathlete. The dead give away is the googles. I'm not sure if these guys are trying out for the Navy SEALS or recreating a Jacques Cousteau documentary. Talk about added drag.
Quote Reply
Re: Randy Knows Jammers [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's about exactly what I have worked up in the swim.

Why are we going off on the 2:00? The guy I swim with does a 150 for each 100 I do in a 25 yard pool. He'll say, "You Puss," right before his flip turn for his third lap, while I'm sitting there getting that wonderful 45 seconds, for the 2:00. He'll barely crawl in under the 2:00, and off I go.

Its just wonderful.

He wears a Speedo.
Quote Reply
Re: Resolution: Guys Who Wear Swimming "Jammers" Have Issues! [mclark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
googles
?
Quote Reply
Re: Resolution: Guys Who Wear Swimming "Jammers" Have Issues! [Sparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Women are wearing less and less clothing -- Men are wearing more and more. "

That's only partially true - the part about the men.

Since I'm 53, I'm part of that "hipster" generation that was young when men wore their hair long, their pants tight, Led Zepplin ruled and nobody wore boxer shorts except your grandfather.

The big baggy ten sizes too big look didn't exist back then. I think a lot could be because there is a much higher % of fat guys in their 20's and early 30's than 20-30 yrs ago. The baggier male clothing is designed to try to hide it.

Women's clothing hasn't changed very much in the last forty years. Brief bikinis and mini-skirts date from the mid 60's, so there is nothing really new in women's clothing. They change the styles and retro them from time to time but it's all been done before in women's fashion. The hip hugger bell bottoms that young women are wearing now were common in the early 70's, except back then, both guys and gals tended to wear them. A few years ago when my daughter was still a teenager she was thrilled to find a pair of my old early 70's cordoroy bell bottoms in the attic. Apparently this was all the retro rage.

Just look at some 60/70/80 old fashion magazines, especially the Euro ones since they were always ahead of North America in style trends. It's all been done before in women's fashions.
Quote Reply
Re: Randy Knows Jammers [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
53 here, too. I wore speedos. After seeing a bunch of guys wearing jammers at the Rose Bowl and having swum a few times in the pool in my Tri shorts, and finding them at half price, I tried a pair. They are both in my swim bag, but I prefer the jammers. Of course, since I have a butt kinda' like a black guy (except it is attached to short legs and it's hairier), I never cared for the speedos.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Resolution: Guys Who Wear Swimming "Jammers" Have Issues! [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait just a minute here! Isn't Booth from/in Arkansas? 'Nuff said.

Take your sport fashion cues from the only place that is qualified... California. Jammers, fellas, jammers.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Resolution: Guys Who Wear Swimming "Jammers" Have Issues! [CTL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best looking guy in our lane wears knee-length jammers. He has a hard time keeping up in those things, but I doubt the suit is to blame. Whatever, I don't care. He's about 10 years younger than me and looks good on Sat. morning. What more can a girl ask for?
Quote Reply
Re: Resolution: Guys Who Wear Swimming "Jammers" Have Issues! [AmyMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What more can a girl ask for?
For this post not to be brought up at practice on Saturday? Oh, that's right I have to miss this Saturday's practice.
Quote Reply
Re: Resolution: Guys Who Wear Swimming "Jammers" Have Issues! [tildenm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you guys are tough...I gotta do searches on my name to see how much crap you gives are giving me about my size and looks...
for info, I am 5'7'' and 142lbs right now (ok not that big) and 34...not that young...
Quote Reply
Re: Resolution: Guys Who Wear Swimming "Jammers" Have Issues! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"(ok not that big) and 34...not that young... "

To rephrase correctly, not that small and not that old. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Resolution: Guys Who Wear Swimming "Jammers" Have Issues! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the good size is when both your feet touch the ground! ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Randy Knows Jammers [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swam NCAA in college and swimming is my strongest sport in triathlon. My opionion is I would rather see a guy in drag suits and "jammers" if that is what you are calling them but I have never heard that word in all my years in the swim community than just a SPEEDO. Speedo's are for racing only not practice. If guys want to prance around in speedos than I agree with the kids and think that is "gay". Its like having us women go swimming in bikinis....it would be odd? If you go to any USA Swimming Club most people even the girls wear drag suits.

Speedos should be called jammers because most guys have to jam their nuts in to get those on....please cover it up except for racing. Racing days are enough for our eyes.

Enough swimming days under my belt to know what you should and should not wear to the pool.

And whats with the Aqua Sphere googles? You are not going snorkeling you are going swimming!!!! Get the SWEDISH ones!!!

Enjoy the pool.
Quote Reply
Re: Randy Knows Jammers [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how about the square leg Speedos?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Resolution: Guys Who Wear Swimming "Jammers" Have Issues! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No offense intended, just couldn't find any other people who self depricated their height...

----------
"...it should be swim, bike, run, cage fight." - el fuser
"I noticed that I am in your sig line! Wow! That's s first for me. Thanks." - Fleck
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fast or slow, Speedos are gross. Period.

I wear tri shorts when I swim. I also wear tri shorts when I ride, but then again, nearly all of the cyclists in my town are triathletes. No big roadie group in Douglas, GA. However, I don't wear a GPS or even a HRM.

RP
Quote Reply
Re: Resolution: Guys Who Wear Swimming "Jammers" Have Issues! [mclark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who cares what someone else chooses to wear? Why?
Quote Reply

Prev Next