Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Favorite Tires? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another Vote for Vittoria:

I prefer the Vittoria Diamante Pro. It has better traction, ride, and less weight than the Rubino Pros, and it doesn't cost much more. This is currently the best selling Vittoria clincher, and probably the best all around combination of performance and durability. They can also handle 150PSI. I usually run them around 130PSI. I've tried Michelin Pro Race, Veloflex Paves, and Hutchinsons and had durability issues with all of them.

The Open Corsa's have an incredible ride, but are just a bit more expensive, and probably not the best training tire choice. I'd race on them if I were racing on clinchers, but would switch back to the Diamante Pro's if the road conditions were poor.

I race (TTs, Crits, & RRs) on tubular Vittoria EVO Corsa's. No flats so far :)
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Tires? [jerk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"lance and every other athlete with any chance at a good result in the races that matter use dugast silk tires.."

in total agreement with you. For slow and fat schmucks like me, it doesn't matter so we use Conti clinchers ... we know better, but our wives won't let us spend the $$$ on Dugasts. Gotta get kibble for the doggies, and whatnot.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply

Prev Next