Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: keep on keepin on [Ian MacLean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow - that's a shock. Gears loss is your gain. Good luck with the coaching business Ian! If you are as good to your clients as you were to me when you sold me my Guru you should be overrun with clients in no time. I have a coach that I'm really happy with at the moment, but if I ever feel like I need a change I'll keep you in mind.

mp
Quote Reply
Re: keep on keepin on [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DawnT,

That is the #1 reason why I'm doing this. I've encountered too many MOPer's over the past couple of years who were being coached by "elite" athletes, and too often these people were on slight variations of the "elite" program. Frustration, injury and even failure was usually the result. It started to frustrate me so I started taking the steps necessary to get involved. I'm essentially a MOPer myself, I understand what it's like to juggle family, job, life and sport. It's not easy, something has to give every now and then, and sometimes it has to be the training. I would hesitate to put the average age grouper on a 7 day/week plan, even if they begged for it, I'd rather set up a plan that has success built into from the start. I have an immense amount of respect for the people with jobs, families etc who still make time to get out and be fit, and challenge themselves on a physical level. You people have balance in your lives, and I don't want to do anything to upset that balance, only enhance it.

I try to make the testing procedure fun and educational for my clients, and from a results stand point, I can make it as simple or technical as the client desires.

If you are ever interested in trying it out again, I promise you a much better experience than your first.

Thanks for the support.

Ian MacLean
http://www.imfit.ca
Success comes when fear of failure goes
Quote Reply
Re: keep on keepin on [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to what passes for Downtown Toronto culture. As a swimmer by trade, I tend to train by perceived exertion. I have easy, strong, hard and balls out. Those are my zones.

There is a number of people at my gym that have far too much money. Any gadgets, tests have to be done. These are the same people that have to do spin classes in their matching team outfits and expensive jerseys. That is why I suggested they are a great market for Ian.

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Re: keep on keepin on [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yarf, this culture exists in all gyns anywhere in North America and if folks want to take out the wallets, that keeps the industry turning :-). Regardless, for those interested in taking up tris, the coach can really be helpful by simplifying things. All the equipment is hard enough for someone new to deal with. Then you throw in HRM, lactate test, VO2, Powertap, Computrainer, Rotorcranks, Powercranks etc etc and it becomes somewhat daunting. Overlay a complicated 8 tab spreadsheet and the guy spends more time dealing with the "infrastructure" then just putting one leg in front of the other and logging miles.
Quote Reply

Prev Next