Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Quick Poll: How tall are you and what size bike do you ride..?? [cvillatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Bike: Kestrel Talon 48cm (and still on the biggish side).

Me: 5'3" (in the morning) and 155#s

I beat you and probably Francios as shortest on Slowtwitch. What a proud accomplishment!

Chris[/reply]
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Poll: How tall are you and what size bike do you ride..?? [ElGordo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5'4 3/4

50cm aegis trident
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Poll: How tall are you and what size bike do you ride..?? [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not to be a jackass, but doesn't your height vary by more than 1/4" from week to week. I figured you'd know the answer.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Poll: How tall are you and what size bike do you ride..?? [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh come on!! I am just a short girl that likes to say I am "almost" 5'5!!! I am sure when i have heels on, I am 5'7 or something :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Poll: How tall are you and what size bike do you ride..?? [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6'9" 250, hence "bigclyde"
Trek 1500 63 cm with profile aerobars and speedplay pedals (maybe $1250).
My bike doesn't fit, but I've finished in the top ten 10% on bike splits in my last 8 races (damn aerodynamics, just pedal like hell!). I'm currently banking money for a custom tri bike (bargains are not available on customs). I live 20 minutes from the Litespeed (ABG) plant, so i'll probably support the local economy and go that way, but I'm probably 6-12 months (minimum) away from banking the $5000. I wish a bike manufacturer would step up to the plate and make a stock bike for "grown" people. Of course, they won't; so I'm saving.

Has anyone ever seen a triathlete over 6'9"?
We're a rare breed.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Poll: How tall are you and what size bike do you ride..?? [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6' 5" (195cm)

190 lbs (86 kg)

60cm Cannondale

Lots of stem and a seatpost halfway to the sun - stiffer and lighter than a 62cm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5-9 160

48 cm sloping geo w/ 55 cm toptube, 73 deg seattube angle, 120 stem, 15.3 cm headtube length.

most of these 'sizes'dont mean much without corresponding frame dimensions ... at a minimum you need toptube length, seattube angle or setback, and stem length. also important are vertical measurements like headtube length, seattube length etc.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Poll: How tall are you and what size bike do you ride..?? [j-son] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know that everyone has different dimensions, torso length etc.. but I wonder as did a previous poster about guys that are 6' and above riding 52, 54 etc... How high are you guys running your seat post? AS stated, I'm a hair under 5'9", 32" inseam (by my measurement) and ride a 54 cm P2K at about 78 degrees. My seat post is pretty high, so how do you bigger guys ride such small frames without jacking your seat post way up and using 5" of spacers above you headset? I know some guys prefer a smaller frame but unless you guys are really flexible how do you do it?
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Poll: How tall are you and what size bike do you ride..?? [Quadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5'7''
140lbs
50 to 51cm
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Poll: How tall are you and what size bike do you ride..?? [Jobo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Jobo...I guess I will go with a 55cm then...I'm not yet very forward on the bike...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5'10". 53cm bike. I can go down to a 52 or up to a 54cm and ride just as well. But I like odd numbers ;-)

Tony
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Poll: How tall are you and what size bike do you ride..?? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5'11" with a 34" inseam as measured from crotch to floor (girlfriend held up a cutting board for me - simulating "saddle pressure") But i wear size 32/32 pants. I am 165 lbs.

I am debating between a 56cm and 58cm cervelo...

John Heiss
PhD Biochemistry, UCLA
Founder, Prolong Energy
http://www.prolongenergy.com
Last edited by: jkheiss: Dec 7, 04 23:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5ft 11inch

161Ibs

Guru Cron'alu 55

------------------------------------------------------------
Searching for the bliss of ultimate exertion.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Poll: How tall are you and what size bike do you ride..?? [Tribato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike: Orbea Orca
Size: 51 (top tube is 52.3cm). I have found 52cm to be good for me. Slacker angle as well....73.5 degrees....with 6cm behind the bottom crank.
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 78kg

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Poll: How tall are you and what size bike do you ride..?? [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6'3 205

60cm (measured) frame.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5'8" (which is just tall enough for me to reach the ground) with a 31" inseam and long arms. I ride an old, old 50cm QR with 650's, and a 54cm Leader road bike. Both are very comfortable to me even though their sizes are so widely divergent. Go figure.

Lou Battaglia

Why didn't I retire last year?
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Poll: How tall are you and what size bike do you ride..?? [bigclyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
“6'9" 250 … and live 20 minutes from the Litespeed (ABG) plant” – I am surprised we haven’t met. I tend to notice anyone who is taller than me and especially at a triathlon. “I wish a bike manufacturer would step up to the plate and make a stock bike for ‘grown’ people.” – I have always thought that if manufacturers would produce products for those people outside of the fat part of the bell curve, they would quickly find that it would be profitable, but you are right. Nobody will ever take the risk.

6’6” 210 – 61cm 99’ Litespeed Blade (a little small for me) and 62cm 93’ Trek 5200 (I think it fits me well enough, but I could go larger).
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Poll: How tall are you and what size bike do you ride..?? [Wile E.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6'5" with "only" a 34" inseam (long torso). 63cm Trek 2000 (aka the Silver Bullet)
Quote Reply

Prev Next