Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: EPO = 2 Years, Penalty for Drafting = 2 Mile Penalty Loop [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the first two legs of the 1/2 Iron Du this year, and think your idea is great - definetly like the lap of shame. However, I think for it to be successful there has to be more officiating. Several times I came upon groups of cyclists who were riding in a pack, several riders abreast. While sitting back trying to figure out how to pass (without crossing the yellow), an official on a motorcycle would whiz past, yet do nothing. We're not talking about a subtle violation here - there's a wall of cyclists caring on a conversation as they ride - pretty difficult to miss. If you aren't going to enforce the existing rules...
Quote Reply
Re: EPO = 2 Years, Penalty for Drafting = 2 Mile Penalty Loop [EKB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the problem when you have a try-a-tri race on the same course as a competitive race. Its hard to DQ try a tri participants for riding 2 breast (although I would argue that you should), but in any event, they impede the competitive race.

Perhaps I need to present the lap of shame penalty proposal to the OAT/Trican board next fall during the AGM or whenever they revise the rules.

Dev
Quote Reply

Prev Next