Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Shorty FSA Visiontech Aerobars. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any news from Anne, or shorts bolts on their way, Tom?

How was the Iceman?

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Shorty FSA Visiontech Aerobars. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom:

Hope you don't mind me rehashing an older thread with a question. Another poster had a concern with the angle of the wrists for these shorty bars. I have the same concern and thought that maybe you had a chance to use them a couple more times.

Has your opinion changed on the comfort of these bars? The wrist position seems awkward.

Thanks for your help.

Burns
Quote Reply
Re: Shorty FSA Visiontech Aerobars. [Burns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for asking. I do have a few more miles on them and some input:

The length is OK. I understand why they had to make them this short to be compliant with ITU/draft legal rules.

The little airfoil thing at the front is a very good idea. It definately improves the comfort and provides increased area to grip. So, the airfoil thing is a valid, functional idea.

I found that the best posture to use the bars in was with the elbow pads about 2.5-3 inches in front of my elbow- in other words, about 1/3 of the way up to my wrist.

Now, I wouldn't want to do a long race like this. But if you need to go into an aero posture for 10 minutes it is fine. Remember, these are intended for road bikes, and road bikes aren't intended for aerobars.

I found the elbow pads workable but not 100% comfortable for an extended period of time. Then again, that isn't what they are for.

So in general, these aerobars do what they are intended to do, and they do it quite well in my opinion. They aren't, however, suited for long distance evetns where you will be in the aero position for an extended period of time. For that you need a tri bike (probably) and real, full length arobars such as FSA/Visiontech's fine clip on sin either carbon or aluminum.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next