Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Shorty FSA Visiontech Aerobars.
Quote | Reply
For those interested: I posted photos of these a few days ago and got a lot of e-mails and PM's asking how much and if we have them. They are $69 and we have a ton of them in stock. Call us at (313) 278-1350 and we'll ship today.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Shorty FSA Visiontech Aerobars. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry Tom, but my cycling shoes just gave out yesterday (closing strap ripped clean off, that and the few 'extra ventilation' holes that have been there for a while). I'd really love to buy the bars but this needs more immediate attention.

Thanks anyhow,

John
Quote Reply
Re: Shorty FSA Visiontech Aerobars. [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a good decision!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How would you compare these in comfort (specifically at the wrist) to the Profile Jammer's or the Oval shorty bars?

I have a set of the Jammers, and I don't like how high the pads are in relation to the extension, it creates an ackward bend at the wrist. On these, the pads look significantly lower, but the extensions don't look as though they have a lot of upward bend to them. So are they long enough to get a comfortable hand position on?

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the length of these bars? (distance from clips to bar ends)

Reason I'm asking - ITU legal setup...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I might be interested, depending on the length.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Tom,

Couple of questions, do the 230mm length fsa clip ons come with the lower pads? or do I need the shorty bars.

ps tried to get some narrow pads here in the UK and have been told by FSA that they are not bringing them into the country? if that the case can I please buy some from you

cheers

glenn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom-

Ditto all the questions above....and I'd be happy to turn the biz your way.

On a side note, it's almost embarrassing to look back at the ole Scott's and see how over-engineered they were!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Shorty FSA Visiontech Aerobars. [jackattack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used the Jammers extensively and couldn't get the adjustment into anything that I liked. I took them off. I used the Ovals and they were slightly better, but still weren't getting it done for me.

I have not used the FSA Visiontech's on the road at all. I just monted them on my bike to see how they felt in the trainer. They are 200mm long from back edge to tip in total. So far, my impression is that I like them and they are much, much better than either the Ovals or the Jammers in my opinion- and I do sell the jammers, I don't have any of the Ovals right now.

My one reservation here may be that the FSA Visiontech's may be a triffle short for my taste, but actually, if they are- I will probably be good with that. If they were much longer I would just cut them down.

I have decided I really REALLY like the little wing shaped bridge. It helps with the shorter length and I rest my thumbs on top of it while wrapping my index fingers over it. Some people think it looks funky but I happen to think it looks cool and I have found- even without being outside yet- it is functional.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Shorty FSA Visiontech Aerobars. [Shony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fully ITU legal by any interpretation of the rules.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Shorty FSA Visiontech Aerobars. [glenn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The low pads can be installed on the 230mm FSA Visontech bars. You need the shortest bolts and the narrowist (lowest) airfoil shaped spacer.

The micro pads (the smaller pads) are available from us and can be installed on the shorter 230mm aerobar.

The micro plates are $32.00 and the micro pads (new version) are $19.99.

Heck, when you consider you can buy the whole shorty bar for $69.99 and not use what you don't need that may be the way to go.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm... My short VT clips came with the micro plates and pads.
Quote Reply
Re: Shorty FSA Visiontech Aerobars. [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are older model year versions, prior to the introduction of the newer, larger pads I would suppose.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom I got some great help on the phone from your shop today. I am sending a check this week for the bars. Thanks Dirt aka Thom
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom,
What about Hed/Oval's with the S-bend extensions? Any available?

rmur
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They're not exactly 'main stream', but can a case be made that favors something similar to Cane Creek Speedbars over shorty clip-ons?
Quote Reply
Re: Shorty FSA Visiontech Aerobars. [rmur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vaporware on all "S" bends right now.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
okay - thanks for that. But no S-shaped candy under the tree :( :( :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Tom,

Is it $69 for everything in the picture? You started talking about prices for pads and such and so I got a bit confused. I've never had aerobars, but after doing my first multi-sport race yesterday I think they'd sure be nice. I'm pretty sure I was the only person without aerobars at the Desert Princess Du. Do you have any pics of you or somebody using them, just so I can see how far forward your arms are resting on them while gripping the ends?

Joe
Quote Reply
Re: Shorty FSA Visiontech Aerobars. [Joe Wiley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$69 as shown:

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom.. do you have any idea how much those cost? Specifically how would they compare to a pair of cinelli spinaci's?
(and how much would it cost to ship to canada? and would i get charged again with border charges?)

thanks..
david
Quote Reply
Re: Shorty FSA Visiontech Aerobars. [David Clinkard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HI Dave, the shorty FSA Visiontechs are $69.99 and we have plenty in stock.

I don't know how much the Spinaci's are. I think there are three versions if my memory serves me correctly. I recall one version was over $200.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This leads to a question I have wanted an answer to for some time. I am going to do Lake Placid in 2005. I noticed that it seems to be a very hilly course. My Tri bike is hard to climb on than my road bike.

Would I be better off outfitting my Road Bike with some FSA bars like these?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
oops.. i'm an idiot.. its rather blantently stated several places on that thread what they cost..
i meant to ask, how much do they weight?

thanks and sorry for the original post

-david
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom

These look like nice little bars for a road bike, but can I ask a more general question? (< there's the first one)

I am financially-challenged, and currently riding a ten-speed that is at least twenty years old, probably more. That means a quill stem, which is old but still seems to be in good condition. The question is about the strength of quill stems, which generally look much skinnier than A-head stems, and putting more weight on them via the aerobars - what are your views on the safety/risk of this? Should I save aerobars for the new bike that I am going to buy (one day)?

Thanks

mDava
Quote Reply

Prev Next