Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anybody remember thos "ST" cotton running shorts? [beatnic_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I was going to race on a steel frame road bike with "normal" wheels and old school clip ons."

That's exactly what I race on now!

I never had the shorts, but I do have some ST biking tights and have worn them for years in cold weather.

Don
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody remember thos "ST" cotton running shorts? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is a vitus for me, but I would love someone to host a retro race. Roval wheels anyone? Aerolite pedals? I've still got the old DH bars in a box. Where do I sign up?
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody remember thos "ST" cotton running shorts? [Tri2HaveFun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"I was going to race on a steel frame road bike with "normal" wheels and old school clip ons."

That's exactly what I race on now!

So it's NOT just me!!!

I found 2 pairs of "Tinley" lace locks in my sock drawer: 1 Day-Glo orange, the other Miami Vice aqua.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody remember thos "ST" cotton running shorts? [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rode in my Tinley biking shorts this morning, black with a blue/purpleish panel on the side, cooool, bought them in 95. First pair of biking shorts. I think I had them half a summer before I would try not wearing the tidy whities with them.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody remember thos "ST" cotton running shorts? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an ST racing singlet. Has 2 small pockets onthesides, presumably for gels or whatever.

Unfortunately my belly hangs out under its sorta crop top cut so it's in the bottom of the drawer :-(

I had some ST bike shorts but they were a size too b ig so I got rid of them. They'd probably fit now. Too bad they're gone too.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri Fit shorts in every neon imaginable, Dave Scott Insport gear, Oakley Pilots, Asics Gel-Lyte I's, QR SE's, Hind tri shorts, and Nike cotton lycra...I was the asst. manager in college of a wanna-be tri-shop and had all that gear. Remember Serotta's Tri-Colorado or Specialized's neon pink Transition Pro with the original tri-spokes? I still have (and race) in the original Specialized Sub 6 that Motorola used in the early 90's. But the best (worst) is still the Kenny Souza skimpy bikini bottoms and top that he wore for Hind/Avia. Feeling very retro I actually wore that outfit this year at Wildflower. You definitely wanna be in shape if you're gonna wear that stuff.

Ah, the late 80's & early 90's: great music and, umm lots of neon tri gear :) and yes I still fit in and wear my Tinley shorts when I want to be LOUD.

Miguel in the 'No...El Tribato
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude! You've uuhmmmm......filled out since that photo was taken! Obviously the bike shop biz is putting plenty of food on the table. I have a drawer full of that old ST stuff. Fun stuff to wear. Makes me feel like a goofball out playing again. Its what I run in most of the time. I use to steal a little bit every time I went into his house to pretend to use his bathroom before rides. Sorry I won't make it to Phuket this year. I'm sure I'd finish this time! Have a great trip, Scott.
Quote Reply

Prev Next