Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I bought a new Cervelo P3 [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The check's in the mail?

But seriously, the check has been sent and has not been cashed (I just checked my account). I know you (and everyone else that helped) are excited but I think it is only fair to exhibit a little patience.
Well, without being horrible about it, Tibbs exhibits lots of things on this forum, so patience might as well be added to the list!

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Re: I bought a new Cervelo P3 [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too, saw the price on all3sports, and asked my local Trek store to match it, which he did. Now I get the great price with the local service.

I got it yesterday, got fitted, took it home. It's so beautiful I'm almost afraid to ride it. Almost.

http://www.churchofcycling.org
Quote Reply
Re: I bought a new Cervelo P3 [BallPrkRat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How would or how does a local bike shop react to someone purchasing bike online and then bringing it in and asking them to build it. Do they charge you more to build it???? I could have saved some bucks by doing what you did but instead I bought from my LBS and now I regret it.

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Re: I bought a new Cervelo P3 [Heavy D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is quite simple. You try out the bike at an expo or something and then order it online in the correct size and then walk into the lbs with the parts and say "I need this built." I did, however, I was in contact with the lbs the entire time. He was $800 more for the 2003 trek time trial frameset I bought. However, I did purchase the 2004 dura ace components through him and had it built there. I only got billed $250 for labor and fitting. I really don't think he minds that much, because I refer him a lot of business. I also got the components at sponsorship price rather than almost list price. He also got the Trek franchise tag for the area, and away from the sporting goods store, due to significant bitching from me to Trek about the shit service(on my 2002 5200). Needless to say, this guy was willing to work hard even to fix a bike I did not purchase from him(5200). That is why I took my baby to be built there, and plus none of the flunkies work on it(They just drool on it). Around here, it is like one good shop for like 6-8 bad ones. Even though he missed out on the $800 from me on the trek tt frameset, he has more than made up for it on the 4 5200's he has sold to my referals. It is a give and take relationship.
Quote Reply
Re: I bought a new Cervelo P3 [Heavy D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not just tell your LBS, "look, I found this bike online for $800 bucks cheaper. I'd rather you got the business, since I know you and I like to support my LBS. Can you match their price?"

God knows they can usually do it (unless it's some ridiculous closeout). I'd much rather give my money to some local small business owner than some unknown web retailer.

http://www.churchofcycling.org
Quote Reply

Prev Next