Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Many, Many Thanks To The Bad Monk!!! [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice to "see" you again Ironhead!

Aha, you're back in Honolulu! Nice!

Nope, I'm not in Sweden. In England since one year, so nomad life still in full swing for sure!

Not much tri-racing or training the last few years, but back on track now, hoping to do an IM next year. IMH again? Who knows - new ag next year, new opportunities!

You're going for that again?
Quote Reply
Re: Many, Many Thanks To The Bad Monk!!! [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, your seat is too high!

I'm kidding. Relax. How would I know?
Quote Reply
Re: Many, Many Thanks To The Bad Monk!!! [3@lete_man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I'll do the Honu Tri on the Big Island in June '05. If I get a slot, I get a slot. If not, no big deal. You know what I mean. The whole IMH thing can get all-consuming, if you let it.

Other than reporting on the IMH last week from various parts of the course for my Slowtwitch friends, I haven't really followed Kona over the last couple of years. Being so injured, I had to force myself to focus on other stuff to avoid becoming super-depressed.

Besides, there's a ton of races out there that have to be as interesting and tough. And I still have that affection for the Great Floridian :-) Remember in '98 when we did IMH and then I went out and did GFT 3 weeks later? I'll never do that again! :-))

I still ride that yellow QR that I got back in '98. Same crankset, pedals, derailleurs, handlebars etc. I've only changed the cables, cable covers, handlebar tape and seat, chain and cogset. It still rides like a dream.

Old John over at Nytro Hawaii built me a darn good bike :-))
Quote Reply
Re: Many, Many Thanks To The Bad Monk!!! [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Know what you mean. Once out and gone, one don't want to get the IMH obsession back into the head. But it sure would be nice to do it again... But at least you wouldn't have astronomical travel costs getting there!
Quote Reply
Re: Many, Many Thanks To The Bad Monk!!! [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha, actually its not me on the bike, its KLEP but i rode the same bike several times ;-)

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next