Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: we want gunther back [kiwipat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
on krd german tourists have been known to offer nz guys money for sex.
Quote Reply
Re: we want gunther back [Big Boy 1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BB1,

Whislt Gunther may be a complete arse, I will defend his right to be so. And since when did that exclude people from either this forum, or this sport?
Quote Reply
Re: we want gunther back [pooky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Dan seems happy to run an open house policy where anyone can come in but that doesn't mean that he has to put up with someone sitting in his living room and talking sh*t and annoying his guests.

I'm sure if gunther tones it down a bit no one will mind if he come back - what do you think Buccaneer, BB1 - what is he really like?
Quote Reply
Re: we want gunther back [pooky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah you go Pooky Pooky....I have passed your support onto brother Gunther and he has expressed his gratitude through tears of joy....
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: we want gunther back [davet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Davet my friend and compadre,

Gunther is salt of the earth (do you use that in the US...it means top guy or friggen A person) although his fixation with anal hygeine can get tiresome especially on a long run. My theory is that in friendships, especially on-line ones, we are non-judgemental, so I choose to accept all of him.

I am yet to see anything he has posted as being viscous or hurtful, but that is my perception. Maybe Dan has hygeine problems and is sensitive to this (only guessing). But Davet my point is this...he is one that provides an air of frivolity that only a handful can give. This is why we adore him (even though he is German...)

JUST DON"T MENTION THE WAR (little ozzie joke there)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps we have the heart of the matter right there. This could be the answer - if he is in fact German. Im convinced they are still pissed after all these years that that are 0 for 2 over the whole war thing. That and the fact that the Germanic sense of humor is well known for being - um - ahem - not there?

C'mon Dan, give the poor boy a break, bring him back. Look at it this way. If he is not a Kraut, he is probably an Ocker, and as such in desperate need of our sympathy, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Big Boy (ooo err),

I'm a bit closer to you than the US - and I'm sure I remember a TV programme many years ago with a certain Normann Gunther in it also.

How come Gunther is better behaved on other forums?

Anyway, I'll have a beer with Gunther anytime.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's hardly better behaved, the sense of humour is better there!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I wouldn't have him in my lounge room either but I'd gladly let him in my garage. But hey, that is why we have cyberspace to mix with anyone and maintain total hygiene integrity. Will he tone it down?
Have you seen Pipillion? Have you seen Cool Hand Luke?

Also let's get this distinction of public/private cleared up a little. True the forum is privately owned but it is a public space, just like a restaurant it is still subject to the law and all the prohibitions that holds against descrimination of various kinds. You couldn't get away with throwing out someone because they were over 60 much less because they were Australian.

I have not bothered to read the American Supreme Court cases on the topic but I think you will find, and I say this because our laws are all common law based. Some of the details are different but the general principles are the same. At least in English cases, private ownership is no bar to a space being declared a public space. If you are open to the public at large there is no picking and choosing just because you don't like someone. Of course like all clubs you can have rules but at this point there don't seem to be any, which more or less makes any decision to ban, somewhat arbitrary. But that is OK give reasons compile precedents and follow them that is what the manorial lords did back in the feudal times and it will seem as reasonable as the man on the Clapham omnibus.

Don't, and Gunther might just pick up with a team of hungry lawyers looking to chase this fat galleon down swing aboard with cutlasses at the ready and start swashbuckling, and you all remember how good Erol Fynn was, right? What do you think Gunther uses as his cleaning utensil of choice? Let me tell ya, you don't want to get stabbed by it!!
Quote Reply
Re: we want gunther back [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wierd ain't it? You might have been right about me all along.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: LarryCalifornia: Aug 4, 04 23:39
Re: we want gunther back [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love ya. It's common knowledge I do.

Quote Reply
Re: we want gunther back [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appropriate action, Dan. This forum is part of your business, and if a poster does things that ultimately turn people away from the forum, it hurts the business. Gunther's free speech rights are intact, he can start his own forum. Everyone who loves him can go and enjoy him over there.

I would guess rocket salad is next.
Quote Reply
Re: we want gunther back [DFL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, I came here cuz RST was a mess.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFL, nice work brother. I once met a bad poster called Bill. He was bad to the bone bro, and he's never coming back. Are your sugar levels high at an early age or whats cookin ...............
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Appropriate action, Dan. This forum is part of your business, and if a poster does things that ultimately turn people away from the forum, it hurts the business. Gunther's free speech rights are intact, he can start his own forum. Everyone who loves him can go and enjoy him over there.

I would guess rocket salad is next.
why me?
Quote Reply
Re: we want gunther back [rocket salad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan

Ok,you have banned them all.Will you now ban all the other crap that we dont like as well Dan? I (and I know others as well) are offended by the chistian talk that is spat out on this forum? Or do you just ban the stuff that offends you?

Im sure you dont want to be seen as a hypocrite.

occa
Quote Reply
Re: we want gunther back [rocket salad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your new. This forum has had a huge attitude change as of late. It seems much more combative and tense. We all didn't know what was going on or really what to do but low and behold we get the Aussie invasion and now we have targets.

Bad timing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gunther is boring and easily entertained

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
This forum has had a huge attitude change as of late. It seems much more combative and tense.
This is my fault. It happens over and over. I find new friends. Then they hate me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I may hate you but we can still make out. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kissing or no kissing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's all good to me. I am ready for anything.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

OK. But you have to stop this:

Quote:

Free Gunther! Mr. Tibbs founder of the Gunther Love Club.
and tell me you love me and that I don't have a big ass.
Quote Reply

Prev Next