Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Goddamn you people know everything! [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So what? I bet there are thousnads of cancer paitents and survivors who think is a great guy.

What is the need to put so much emotion into an athlete?

I don't know why we put so much emotion into athletes, but we do. it's not all clinical and logical. there's no point in saying "I'm not a role model". all athletes are, from top athletes in the TDF to the amateur ones you see at the local rides.
Quote Reply
Re: Goddamn you people know everything! [weiwentg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True he is a role model but he doesn't have to be yours (not you just saying yours for sentece structure.) If an athlete doesn't act like you think he should then that is your problem (again not you). There is a lot about Lance we do not know and how he treats those around him is one of them.

While I was in the Air Force there where two of me. The one at work was a type A over achieving beating. At work I busted my ass to know everything and be ready for anything and that could easily come off as not only coky but real assholish. At home I did my best to treat everyone around me well and be a sweet guy.

The guy on TV is not always the guy at home. I don't judge the guy from the jerk I met in high school. Who is really the same person they where in school?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: does anyone NOT love lance?! [sydnrusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lance haters need to find another hobby this summer, 2004 is not working out for ya.

Normally I never advise anyone on anything but focusing on your own racing might be a good idea.

Just think how fast you could race if only you'd use some of that Lance hatred to your advantage. Of course the down side is that you'd have Lance Armstrong to thank if you ever placed or something...

Sorry Lance haters, this is going to be an ugly year for you guys.

Better luck in 2005 or 2006.

Now you go out there and make it a great day...
Last edited by: beatnic_tx: Jul 20, 04 14:47
Quote Reply
Re: Goddamn you people know everything! [weiwentg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there's no point in saying "I'm not a role model". all athletes are

I think Lance is an excellent role model. As a cyclist. If you're looking to him to be a role model in other aspects of life, I think you're acting unwisely.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: does anyone NOT love lance?! [Zinc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's Tyler doing now? Picking out a headstone for his dog I'd guess.

Tyler will never win the Tour. He's a nice guy, sure, but he just does not have command of his bike. He's proven that over and over.

It's pretty important to be able to keep your bike upright as often as possible if you want to win the Tour.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I respect his athletic abilities and charity commitments, but I don't like him.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: does anyone NOT love lance?! [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are so full of crap. Since when does a stopwatch or calendar measure how someone feels about someone else or how broken up one is???? Everyone deals with things differently.

>>She deserves a great deal of respect(and his cash) for being so devoted to him,<<

Would that include going out and screwing someone else? Which is what I heard from someone who knows her.

Like Tibbs said.....

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: does anyone NOT love lance?! [DRAwpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what is your goal for 2004?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: LarryCalifornia: Jul 20, 04 18:26
Re: does anyone NOT love lance?! [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goddamn dude is there anyone who can live in your perfect little world?

ironclm stop going out the door and meeting people. Larry does not approve.

Quote Reply
Last edited by: LarryCalifornia: Jul 20, 04 18:27
Re: does anyone NOT love lance?! [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Except you called her CLAM then changed it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know, the only thing about him that I find inspirational is the level of fury he directs at his goals. Watching his face as he nails those climbs...that guy is a lesson in focus.

As for his personal life - let me put it this way, if my personal life had as much attention directed to it as his does, it would stink like a long drop on a summer's day.

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Re: does anyone NOT love lance?! [LarryCalifornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to say, I've heard the same story Cathy alludes to from some "insiders" in Austin. I don't know if it's true, but word is Kristen wasn't faithful(Lance either).

Of course it could be all gossip, but I've heard it from more than one source, at least one of which I consider to be very reliable. Who really cares?
Quote Reply
Re: does anyone NOT love lance?! [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Looks like the marriage was all about Lance.....

As a five-time Tour de France winner, Lance Armstrong knows more than most people about the importance of hard work. In his book, Every Second Counts, Armstrong describes his regret that he did not put the same hard work into his marriage that he put into his bike racing.
  • Kristin Armstrong (February 2003): Marriage problems were "brought on gradually by a number of pressures, rather than one big blow-up. We've been together 4 1/2 years, and we've had six homes, three languages, three countries, one cancer comeback, three children, four Tour de France wins and one rise to celebrity. You're not supposed to cram such a huge amount of events into such a small period of time."

• Lance Armstrong (September 2003): "The craziest thing is, we're closer now and better friends than ever before. We're truly committed to maintaining a good relationship, but not a marriage."
  • Quote Reply
    Re: does anyone NOT love lance?! [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    1) Lance describes his regrets. Anyone ever ask Kristen hers?

2) Kristen's quote is very one-sided, no?

3) So they are committed to a good relationship, but not a marriage. This sounds mutual to me.

Brian, you made three points about how their marriage was all about Lance. Funny thing, though, you forgot to prove your point.

I'm getting a really weird feeling that you're not Lance's number one fan. So you don't like him as a person or cyclist. How about moving on.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    I've never met the man, so can't say whether I like him or not, but it certainly appears as though he can ride a bicycle....
    Quote Reply
    Re: does anyone NOT love lance?! [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Did you go to PESH or Plano in high school?

Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    PESH. Didn't graduate from there, though.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Hey Tibbsy. You're not a PESH grad are you? I know you live in the Dallas area, but it would be WAY too coincidental for there to be THREE PESH "alums" here.

-------------------------------------
    Steve Perkins
    Quote Reply
    Re: does anyone NOT love lance?! [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    I am a not so proud grad of Lakeview Centennial. Shit hole.

Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    I am skeptical of Lance. The Lance I saw in his biographies is very different than the Lance I hear people talking about. Lance has almost reached Davey Crockett (Does Lance kill bears with his "bare" hands?) status where there's so much legend, you don't know what's true and what's myth.

He seems like a great rider with a poor personality.

I was shocked at how many times he quit when things didn't go his way .... only to be talked into coming back by friends and family.

By the stories you hear, you'd think he'd never quit anything.

I credit him for being very honest in his autobio ... most folks would sugar-coat their flaws.

--------------------------

I've read a lot of biographies about superstar athletes. Supreme confidence, ultra-competetiveness, and Selfishness are the 3 qualities they all share. Everything is about them winning. It's a trade off.

=======================
    -- Every morning brings opportunity;
    Each evening offers judgement. --
    Last edited by: TripleThreat: Jul 21, 04 10:44
    Quote Reply

Prev Next