Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Go Ullrich!!!!!!!!!!! [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yankees suck

"If ginseng really does aid in mental clarity, we're encouraging Brit to drink up." -E! Online
Quote Reply
Re: Go Ullrich!!!!!!!!!!! [new2tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New York Yankees? I'm right there with you man.

I gotta agree with that one too. ;-)

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: Everyone calm down. [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When have I said that Jan wasn't great? When have I put him down? YOur desire to live up to your handle needs more attention.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Everyone calm down. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your agressiveness towards me needs more attention too, but not from me.

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: Everyone calm down. [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Everyone calm down. [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I haven't heard anyone talk about Mayo... was his dropping out pretty expected?

"Lance isn't the second coming of Christ..."

No, he's the FIRST coming of Lance. There's no denying he's in a league of his own.

Much bellyaching about how the team wins it for Lance and Jan or Tyler might be better if it was an individual sport. Well, maybe, but Lance has won a few TTs as well.

Things might be different if the rules were different, but LA, Chris and Johann (together with the great group of riders they bring every year) just have more technology, more focus and better planning. Nothing is left to chance.

Will LA win #6? Probably

Will he win #7? Odds are good, but like Tyler and Mayo this year, anything could happen. If Tyler doesn't crash, maybe he's a contender (Phonak had other "luck" problems as well). If Ulrich get his act together and trains properly all year and shows up with a cohesive team, maybe he wins.

For now, Lance and Co. have the winning formula.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Go Ullrich!!!!!!!!!!! [Brian286] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You (triall3) really don't bring anything to this forum."

Brian, you seem to like to tell certain people that the forum would be better without them, but the cites you quoted all seemed pretty good to me...

Oh wait, you wanted me to piss off too, didn't you?

Ever think of starting your own forum?

Sorry, my Tourette's is acting up again...

Ass hole! (oops, see?)

¦:o)/

Quote Reply
Re: Go Ullrich!!!!!!!!!!! [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
come on, i think everyone thats really into cycling likes jan but he is an underachiever. If he hasnt found the motivation to come into the tour in shape by now i dont think its gonna happen.

'STICK EM UP PUNK ITS THE FUN LOVING CRIMINAL'
Quote Reply
Re: Go Ullrich!!!!!!!!!!! [thesnail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
funny thread!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are a hard person to figure out Brian. A few days ago you start a thread titled " Keep on truckin Lance" and when I questioned your sudden change of heart you claimed the thread showed favoritism to no one. Trolling?

Hero worship? Have you read Armstrongs first book? Let's see: left for dead by your pro team, told by doctors you will never race again and have a 20% chance of LIVING. Beat all the odds by not only beating cancer but returning to cycling and winning the hardest physical sporting event on the planet. He's a hero to many people out there fighting cancer. He may not be a great person but there can be no denying that he's mentally tougher than anyone alive. He works hard, is blessed with superior genes, and finally has a great team to help him win the tour. All of the other former great tour winners won by themselves? Doubt it.

When I started cycling in the early 80's there had only been one American competing in a modern tour (name escapes me) in fact until Lemond,Phinney, and Hampsten came along the U.S. was at the bottom of the world cycling scene. Lance has put a face on cycling in America and by and large it's a positive one. Too bad his marriage failed, the majority in America do. Maybe he is a jerk, but he keeps on winning, and until he fails a drug test I will believe he got there by sheer hard work and a will to live. Besides Brian, he's the ultimate patriot, representing America in a time when much of the world doesn't support us.

As far as contributing to a post, you bring this up frequently when attacking others when they don't agree with you. I can see you in your office rooting for "the other guy" just to see the reaction of your co-workers. Every one has their own opinion, get used to it.
Last edited by: robc: Jul 20, 04 17:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

It beats the whining that goes on about *spoiling* the results until people get home to watch at their own leisure.

Toughen up folks...Lance isn't the second coming of Christ...

That's true. Lance is real...

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"History is so telling. You really don't bring anything to this forum. Quit wasting your time posting. Go train or try to be good at something else. After 74 posts you've given this a fair enough shot... "

LOL! Pot meet keetle.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: Go Ullrich!!!!!!!!!!! [robc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The "keep trucking Lance" was a neutral comment. It meant simply what is stated...He was trucking down the road.

Yes I've read the book, twice.

I have stated several times that LA is a talented cyclist. I refuse to fawn over him. Yep, I've called he and his team girls, pussies, etc....big deal....Others have called Ullrich a fat, lazy, slob....again, big deal. Everyone calls their opposing teams names...I hate the Redskins and have many names for that team...and I'm not even a Cowboy fan.

Those who make personal attacks against others for no reason have no place in this forum. I've never been one to mince words...Posts like the one's I pointed out bring nothing to this forum.

This thread was started to discuss today's stage. Each person is free to post their admiration of the event within the confines of the thread. Ever been to a sports bar to watch your team play? Ever get into a spirited shouting match with the opposing team's audience? This is nothing more.

You have an obvious admiration of Armstrong. Good for you. Let me have an obvious admiration for the tour and the cyclists I admire as well. I feel no ill will towards comments made toward my corner, and don't see why others don't feel the same.
Quote Reply
Re: Go Ullrich!!!!!!!!!!! [thesnail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" i think everyone thats really into cycling likes jan but he is an underachiever."

I guess I should have capitalized "maybe." I don't expect it to happen, but he could get his shit together...

one day...

Quote Reply
Re: Go Ullrich!!!!!!!!!!! [Justin on LI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"LOL! Pot meet keetle."

Shouldn't that read: "LOOL, Poot meet keetle"?

Sorry, off my meds today!

¦:o)/

Last edited by: Cousin Elwood: Jul 20, 04 18:58
Quote Reply

Prev Next