Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: HELP! WOMEN NEED ADVICE ASAP! [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my weight fluctuates 2-3lbs on a daily basis - the important thing is the moving average. Tell the beloved that a loss is good, as long as the trend is moving the right way, focusing on the weekly weigh-in is counterproductive.

my wife has lost only 2lbs in the 2 weeks since starting WW, but because I've given her my lecture on the subject often enough, she's not complaining (much).. of course, maybe she just doesn't want to hear the lecture again..

"It is a good feeling for old men who have begun to fear failure, any sort of failure, to set a schedule for exercise and stick to it. If an aging man can run a distance of three miles, for instance, he knows that whatever his other failures may be, he is not completely wasted away." Romain Gary, SI interview
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! WOMEN NEED ADVICE ASAP! [yaquicarbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I'm hauling around more muscle than is ideal for an endurance athlete (unless there is a fight at the awards ceremony)[/reply]

OT.. but once I did a race called the Ultimate Runner, an afternoon of running 1 mile, 100m, 400m, 800m, then 5k, at the end of which some recondite points system was used to determine placing. Oddly enough there was a tie for 8th place which was broken by having the two of us up on tables while the women voted on who had the best legs. my ectomorph skinny legs and I lost..

"It is a good feeling for old men who have begun to fear failure, any sort of failure, to set a schedule for exercise and stick to it. If an aging man can run a distance of three miles, for instance, he knows that whatever his other failures may be, he is not completely wasted away." Romain Gary, SI interview
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! WOMEN NEED ADVICE ASAP! [HH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You didn't really say this, did you? I can't stop laughing at how dead you are. How much money did you have to spend on her to make it up to her?
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! WOMEN NEED ADVICE ASAP! [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At 115 lbs, my ex-girlfriend was/is the fatest woman in the world. I tried every possible positive angle, but nope, she was confident she was the fatest. You have a fat task at hand, but I wish you well.
Quote Reply
Up date [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife measured her waist today and saw she has lost 2.5 inches in the last two weeks. She has joined our local rec center that has a little little gym and a room full of spin bikes.

Thanks for everyones help. I guess I need to not listen what she is saying and just trust what she is doing. She has always been strong and trustworthy and I just need to back off and let her go.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Up date [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome job Mrs. Tibbs!

Mr Tibbs, I hope you're telling her such.

Quote | Reply
I tell her she is great all the time. She acts like it bugs her but I would rather be postively annoying than silent negative.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Up date [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't worry Tibbs, so are absolutely, positively annoying.

Prev Next