Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Coffee? y oh y? [Cyborg42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amen, except for my "bike parts" vice.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Coffee? y oh y? [pooky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Careful everybody. The Aussies may be the only friends we've got left.
Quote Reply
Re: Coffee? y oh y? [Deadlast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If they're tea drinkers and they make fun of coffee, who needs 'em?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Coffee? y oh y? [Paul Down Under] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because otherwise I'd eat chocolate and have an ass the size of New Hampshire.

Also because I live smack in the middle of Kona coffee country and drink only 100% pure Kona each day. No Foldgers touching these lips;-)

Oh, and Paul, Vegemite is disgusting! Fermented yeast?!? At least tofu can be made to taste like other things with sauces and spices.

Last edited by: footballmom: Jul 8, 04 18:39
Quote Reply
Re: Coffee? y oh y? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If they're tea drinkers and they make fun of coffee, who needs 'em?

Hey vitus, I would watch out about giving it to the Aussies about coffee. When I was in Bullamakanka (the new name for Sydney I was told), I had some really nice stuff man!

They don't put too much extra crap in it like we do over here. Just beans and milk. Something called a flat white - bit like some of the top names in Le Tour really!
Quote Reply
Re: Coffee? y oh y? [Paul Down Under] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never understood the way some people absolutely have to have coffee every morning. My mother is this way. It has always bothered me in the same way it bothers me if someone is addicted to anything, whether it be alcohol, drugs, caffiene, cigarettes, red bull, carmex, whatever. The idea of someone being a slave to a substance(that's the way I've always looked at it, though I admit it's probably a bit of an exaggeration) just gets to me. I have no problem w/ casual use, however.

My mom was/is always irritable in the morning w/o her coffee. Maybe that is why I've never even had a sip, although I've had all of the aforementioned, sans cigarettes.

I figure I'll eventually try it, but I just don't like coffee flavored stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Coffee? y oh y? [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coffee tastes exactly what i imagine burnt ass to taste like. Smells good but tastes like crap.

If you go to starbucks to get coffee your a pansy coffee drinker. a carmel mocha something or other isn't coffee.

Real men drink soda before coffee. why you might ask? B/c it has more sugar and caffeine.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Coffee? y oh y? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr DD, you say "what I imagine burnt ass to taste like"

I am all a quandry, when you good folk in the US say (type) "ass" especially in this context are you referring to your "back door" or the mule type ass.

Down here in Australia our "back end" is called an "arse" which certainly eliminates any confusion.

Either of these burnt would smell horrid, and I will take you word for it!
Quote Reply
Re: Coffee? y oh y? [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't have to have coffee every morning but I enjoy a good cup everyday.

I took one of my portable drip filters on MdS - very nice to wake up in the desert and have a brew!

And now if you excuse me, I'm off to get a coffee.

dt.
Quote Reply
Re: Coffee? y oh y? [o-boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's 'cause you're upside down. Earl Gray tastes like soap. almost any other black tea (or green tea) is better.
But, coffee, especially espresso or strong dark roast freedom press.....WOW!

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: Coffee? y oh y? [o-boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As an unregenerate sort-of-ex-colonial, I still drink Earl Grey in the afternoons (do you have any idea how hard it is to find an electric kettle in USA ? I had to import one from Canada). Mornings however are coffee time, at least during the work week. Weekends and vacations I can do without it.

'American fascination with coffee' ? Something to do with the Boston Tea Party, I think..

I prefer Marmite to Vegemite, but V is half the price here, for some inexplicable global-economy reason.

"It is a good feeling for old men who have begun to fear failure, any sort of failure, to set a schedule for exercise and stick to it. If an aging man can run a distance of three miles, for instance, he knows that whatever his other failures may be, he is not completely wasted away." Romain Gary, SI interview
Quote Reply

Prev Next