Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [surfer girl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazingly well said.

I wear one in memory of my sister-in-law, who didn't have it in her to live strong and succumbed to cancer 9 months after diagnosis. My hope is that someone with cancer who sees me wear mine, or asks me about it, or has heard about it somewhere else, will take it as just a little bit of encouragement to tap into that inner strength that is so critical to fight this disease.
Quote Reply
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [KDM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To KDM - buy the "youth" size if you want one on your wrist.

And in general, is the "LIVESTRONG" for the Tour or for life in general? I bought my third bracelet at Placid Planet Bicycles yesterday, and they were also selling a small chevron sticker with, I believe, "Lance" on the top, "Trek" on the bottom, and a big "6" in the middle. This I can see sticking somewhere until maybe the end of the Tour, but somehow I don't think the yellow bracelet should be going anywhere other than my wrist anytime soon. Maybe forever?
Quote Reply
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a 10 pack online, but am currently wearing the "child sized" one my friend bought for me at niketown.

I wear it so when I start feeling bad for myself because the run is to hard, or the hill is too steep,or my shoulder hurts I can quickly remind myself how good I have it.

I love seeing them around town. It's like a little community...
Quote Reply
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [ivy_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought 10 adult size and 10 youth. I'm sending them to the people I'm soliciting for help raising money for LAF's Peloton Project. I'll be ordering 30 or 40 more pretty soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure do have mine. Got one for my wife too. Might get a kids pack for the kids around town.

I did the same thing on my bike ride the other day, looked at it and got inspired. Great to see the Norweign wearing one in the yellow jersey yesterday as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've been selling them at JackRabbit for about a month now -- I bought a hundred when I first heard about them, and we sold out in about 10 days. Ordered 200 more and we're down to about 50. Gotta remember to order more tomorrow. I've been wearing one since they first came in, and I've started seeing more and more of them around town -- on the subway, on the street, in restaurants. For one month of my life, I feel hip!

Lee Silverman
JackRabbit Sports
Park Slope, Brooklyn
Quote Reply
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [bosco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"As some of you may know, I was diagnosed with brain cancer a month or so ago."
- - Didn't know, that sucks, dig deep, beat it.

"I know everyone has their own reasons for wearing them, but I'm a little weird and am not sure if I will get one."

- - It's a personal choice, bro' - I think I understand. I'll be wearing one in your honor.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear one in honor of my mother. I don't know if I'm cool or not but helping the cause against cancer is cool.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [goobie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wearyellow.com

Quote | Reply
[reply] Great to see the Norweign wearing one in the yellow jersey yesterday as well.

There is a picture on GrahamWatson.com of Thor with his wristband, and right behind him is Cipollini with one on as well---

As a Cancer Researcher, I'm proud to be wearing mine
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After beating colon cancer two years ago, I wear mine every day to remind myself that the little things in life that used to bother me seem so insignificant now... I don't have "bad days" any more.

I wear mine every day so people will ask me what it's for, and I can tell them that is for all those battling and surviving cancer.

When I'm training, I look down at it and think of it as my little "maillot jaune" for the "Tour de Life".

It's definitely cool to see others wearing theirs around town and on TV. I think will just keep wearing mine until it wears out and just falls off...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll have some of these to give away for free to Slowtwitchers at IM Lake Placid this month. I will be volunteering at bike check-in on Saturday afternoon. Make a mental note to look me up.

I wear mine whenever I ride or race, and someone always asks about it. Remember, it's not some exclusive 'club' limited to people who have cancer, or beat cancer, or lost someone to cancer. It's about supporting Lance's foundation and supporting survivors and supporting Lance. Go ahead and get a few, and give some away, and wear it yourself for some personal inspiration, and don't worry about anything more than that.

Regards,

Keith Giuliani
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear mine all the time. It was nice looking around at our group ride yesterday to see that something like 75% of the riders had them.
Quote Reply
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [sry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am waiting for mine, sending one to my mom who had bladder cancer, in memory of my friend MaryArthur O'sulliivan who died of liver/colon cancer last year and wearing it for Bosco.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [surfer girl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You've convinced me. I'm ordering a ten-pack tommorrow.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered a 10 pack yesterday, and I will be wearing one in honour of all of the people I have known who have struggled with and beaten cancer (many of whom are no longer with us).

mp
Quote Reply
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [footballmom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply] wearyellow.com[/reply]

Sorry to be obtuse AND whiny, but for some reason when I click on the bit to get to the store, all that I get is the top banner and a whole page of white. I am on a Mac (OSX) with IE 5.2, I'm guessing that's the problem.

Any of you computer bods out there that know why - I am all ears.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://pavlov.psyc.queensu.ca/~psyc382/rockgold.html
(Norman Rockwell's "Do Unto Others")
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The store sucks and was very poorly built.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have you tried the niketown site? It may work better since Nike has a few more $ to through at a website??
Quote Reply
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]have you tried the niketown site? It may work better since Nike has a few more $ to through at a website??[/reply]

You are a god amongst mortals.
Thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://pavlov.psyc.queensu.ca/~psyc382/rockgold.html
(Norman Rockwell's "Do Unto Others")
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife and I wear ours as I am raising money for LAF by completing my first tri, Texas Man, in Oct.

We are days away from losing her mother to melenoma.

It's a tough time around our house and it keeps me positive and training hard.
Quote Reply
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [BigTex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear mine in memory of my sister Tina who fought cancer for 13 years. CST
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear one when I ride and when I run because I lost two first cousins, from the same family, to cancer. Both died before reaching their 51st birthdays. And I wear it to support a good friend of mine who beat cancer and is now training for the Tour of Hope.

Mark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been wearing it non-stop for about a month now, non-stop except for suddenly realising it was missing half way around the bike in a long course at the weekend - found it on the floor, next to my wetsuit, after the race.

'to give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift'...Pre
Quote Reply

Prev Next