Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
You guys got yellow bracelets?
Quote | Reply
I got one of these yellow bracelets that say "livestrong" on them. It's cool.

Any of you guys have them? This morning on my ride I was looking at it going, "I'm cool...."

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am wearing it as we speak. Unfortunately, it has not made me any faster. I bought 10 of them because they were disappearing so fast. I have been handing them out to people who need a little "coolness" in their life!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got one! Go Lance.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We bought 100, our donation to the LAFoundation. Been giving them out to friends who are cancer patients and families of patients. The best part is that people we are giving them to are logging on to www.wearyellow.com and ordering more to give to their friends. They're quite a conversation piece and even more infectious.

Last edited by: footballmom: Jul 7, 04 18:22
Quote Reply
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [ejs in chicago] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got 10 under the guise of making a "charitable donation." Yeah I got them because they're cool...

Johnny Mellow all the way!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got one and love it. It is definately a conversation piece and you get to meet the most interesting people who also have the braclets. I enjoy looking at it during training and to be honest it gives me a little more energy because I say to myself "If lance is living strong right now, why aren't I?" I know that it's a little lame but it works and to be honest whatever any of us can use to get just that little more push is always worthwhile.

David J

david
asc-arizona state cycling
tribemultisport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got one this morning at the Motor City Mile open water swim. After getting run over by a bunch of 14 year old girls, I've been looking at it to remind myself that at least I am trying to "live strong."
Quote Reply
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I got 10 under the guise of making a "charitable donation." Yeah I got them because they're cool..."

Unfortunately my wife ensure that I know I'm not cool whether I'm wearing it or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
haven't taken it off since i got it two months ago. i will leave it on until lance wins #6.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why are people selling them on eBay??? ... and why are people buying them on Ebay???

I don't have any because I'd feel weird wearing them ... I don't live strong, I don't have cancer and no one I know who had cancer lived to talk about it.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: randymar: Jul 7, 04 11:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My son has been weraing it non stop for a month. This is the thing I posted last week - some asshole selling them on ebay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've thought about it. As some of you may know, I was diagnosed with brain cancer a month or so ago.

My friend told me about them a while ago for the first time. I then ran across them at a sports store counter.

I know everyone has their own reasons for wearing them, but I'm a little weird and am not sure if I will get one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had mine for a month now. I figure I'll wear it for the rest of the month or at least until the end of the Tour.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i've got mine...on my ankle. it kept falling off my wrist.

everytime i look at when i'm in a poopy mood it i think of my father and him tellling me to 'suck it up buttercup!'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got one .... for me and each of my spouse and kids. They're a nice, positive statement, IMO. It stays on until the end of the Tour - at least.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Any of you guys have them? This morning on my ride I was looking at it going, "I'm cool...."[/reply]

Damn it!! Can you get these things places other than online? I'm trying to get into the store and the page never loads properly. I have my first race of the season on Sunday and I want to be wearing one!!

We have an Olympia sports store close to here - will they have them?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://pavlov.psyc.queensu.ca/~psyc382/rockgold.html
(Norman Rockwell's "Do Unto Others")
Quote Reply
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [briantryintri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I am wearing it as we speak. Unfortunately, it has not made me any faster. I bought 10 of them because they were disappearing so fast. I have been handing them out to people who need a little "coolness" in their life!

Try wearing more than one at a time. Maybe that will make you faster.

I got a 10-pack...
Quote Reply
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [Quadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought 10 as well. Each wrist and ankle? The way my bike went at CDA, I'll try anything!
Quote Reply
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [goobie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Niketown or Niketown.com . I think there are others too but not sure
Quote Reply
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [briantryintri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stretch one around your head too.

Regarding where to get... Dick's sporting goods has them (a chain in Ohio and at least some other states), along with some other Livestrong stuff (t-shirts, etc).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got mine at Eagleman. I wear it while training to keep me focused.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [Quadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QuadZ - thank you so much for the laugh out loud - that is the funniest thing I have seen on this forum all week. Some of these people are such pin heads they truly could get the yellow bracelet stretched around their head......;-)
Quote Reply
Re: You guys got yellow bracelets? [september] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got two from the prologue in Liége, one for me and one for my girlfriend :-)
It helps me on training to give it that extra 5%
i will wear it till the marc herremans half-tri on 7 august!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw a guy wearing one at dinner one day. I thought cool, finally a way for us type A's to locate each other. I would have spoke to him if he wasn't in such a large group. I want one myself now.

Olen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear one because my husband has been cancer-free for over a year and will be riding in this year's Tour of Hope (www.tourofhope.org).

I wear one because several friends look the disease in the eye every single day and refuse to say 'uncle'.

I wear one because another friend is currently curled up in a hospital bed fighting a 22-year old supposedly 'cured' melanoma that has recently returned and metzed to his skull, lungs and bladder.

I wear one to remind me of those who met their deaths due to cancer did so just as strongly as they lived their lives.

I wear one to remind me there is always hope.................
Last edited by: surfer girl: Jul 7, 04 15:29
Quote Reply

Prev Next