Prev Next
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: On Topic Question for Christians [casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Casey, Would you miss a race if it meant you missed church or prayer
Quote Reply
Re: On Topic Question for Christians [jaj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think a concerted effort for all the Christians on this board to pray for all Slowtwitchers in the walk is an excellent idea. Tom D and Tibbs are always remembered in my prayers, but the more the merrier.
Quote Reply
Re: On Topic Question for Christians [Matt Boutte] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My prayers are first for those on this board who are believers and have similar struggles. I will also be praying for others on this board to come to know and accept Jesus as their personal Lord and savior. A lot of people on this board that I would like to see in heaven!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do you fit it all in? I'm struggling to find time for work, family, workouts, and bible study/quiet time. As often as not, the bible study/quiet time suffers. This is a situation I'm not happy with and the only solutions I've come up with involve getting up at 4 AM or dropping the workouts.

Excellent question, one I've been facing myself the past couple of weeks. The advice given by some others so far is pretty good.

First suggestion: Get up at 4 am if that's what it takes.

Second suggestion: Cut back on the workouts if necessary. Remember your priorities- if you find you absolutely can't fit prayer and triathlon in any given day, which do you think is more important?

Third suggestion: Use the time during your workouts to reflect/meditate/ponder on God and His creation. Some day when Mr. Tibbs really gets on my nerves I'm going to post my thoughts on how we do triathlon because of Original Sin- it's amazing what you think about on a long, hard run sometimes.

Fourth suggestion: Are you using your time throughout the whole day wisely? Personally, I think my own biggest challenge is scheduling, not the amount of available time. I have to work during the day, for the most part. My kids are up during the day. Work around the house has to be done during daylight hours. Bike workouts have to be done in daylight, unless I really want to sacrifice and get on the trainer at night. By 9 pm, most of my daily responsibilities are either fulfilled, or my opportunity to do so has passed. This is a good time for prayer. YMMV.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: On Topic Question for Christians [roxii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
... as a former disillusioned catholic ...

Are you no longer disillusioned, or no longer Catholic??? I am still disillusioned, but I'm also still Catholic.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: randymar: Jul 8, 04 11:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I see you've posted almost 500 times on this board. Which means you've probably read about 5000 posts. What if you had been reading the bible all that time instead of this stuff? I'm not trying to be mean, just if you're serious about bible study being that important, removing stuff like reading slowtwitch should come before removing workouts. So from now on, everytime you're going to log on to ST pick the good book instead.
Quote Reply
Re: On Topic Question for Christians [nickc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your post is well founded. The rub is that I don't have the internet at home, only at work. I post on this forum periodically throughout the day...which I probably shouldn't be doing either.
Quote Reply
Re: On Topic Question for Christians [Rusty TX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rusty,

This is Matt N, the new Weatherfordite, and I have been thinking about checking out some local churches. Any suggestions? I also have 2 rooms I am looking to rent if you know anyone that might be interested.

My email is matt_novikoff at hotmail dot com

How did Buffalo Springs go for you?
Quote Reply
Re: On Topic Question for Christians [Matt N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matty N, you would be welcome at most lodges around the states. I say most because MOST lodges will take in any brother of god, son or mover of King Soloman...as long as he isn't a stinking rotten catholic. Come over brother, feel the goat skin around the loin and the cheese upon thet buttock and scrotum my good friend
Quote Reply
Re: On Topic Question for Christians [the drug lord] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I think you may be on the right track. Maybe hold off on the sacrifices, but hang on to the blonde virgins anyway, and have them worship at a different altar.... if you know what I mean.

And whatever you do, stay on the drugs!
Quote Reply
Re: On Topic Question for Christians [Gunther] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
... as long as he isn't a stinking rotten Catholic.

That's Mister Stinking Rotten Catholic to you, son. A little exclusionist are we???

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I put my focus on the long workouts. If I have to miss one of the shorter workouts ... so be it (doesn't happen very often).

I do my Bible study time late ay night once everyone has gone to bed (in order to not be interrupted). I have a good friend in KC that I study with. We pick a subject, research it, etc and then discuss over the phone (or on the net) on a specific date/time.

On my long runs, I have been listening to CD's of sermons from my church and Max Lacado's CD Series "It's Not About Me". Other than that I listen to Christian Music (Pillar, Blindside, 38th parallel, etc).

What suffers in my life is TV watching. I'm not missing much.

I make sure I read my Bible every night before I go to bed, and I don't let training/racing interfere with church to the best of my abilities.

IMO, that's the best option.

-----------------------------------------

On my long rides (2-4 hours), I use that time not to memorize verses or reflect upon Biblical history, but to concentrate on literal things I can do in my life that will bring Glory to God. I think of ways that I can be an example to lead others to Christ.

Really, triathlon makes me feel as though I am getting everything out of life. I am developing as a husband/father, spiritually in my relationship with God, professionally, and physically.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Last edited by: TripleThreat: Jul 9, 04 14:36
Quote Reply

Prev Next