Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best Rivalry in Sports....... [Keith Miller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr. Tibbs Versus Mrs. Tibbs or Mr. Tibbs versus His Bishop
Quote Reply
Re: Best Rivalry in Sports....... [TriOwensboro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More appropriate would be Mr. Tibbs vs Tom D. for most posts per day.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: Best Rivalry in Sports....... [TriOwensboro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a friend who lived in Paducha, KY and wore a Duke hat around, talk about living on the edge.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Rivalry in Sports....... [Keith Miller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll presume by rivalry you mean a consistent, historical match/game against an opponent, not a transient series. That said, a few come to mind:

Rangers-Celtic (Scottish soccer) this is more than soccer...it's Catholics vs. Protestants

Army-Navy (college football) when the President goes to a game and has to switch sides at halftime to maintain the peace, you know it's big

Claremont-Mudd-Scripps vs. Pomona Pitzer (otherwise known as the Weakass Hens)...you'd have to go there to understand this one. Since Pomona sucks, though, it's not much of a rivalry, but I've got to include it.

Cheers, tbo
Quote Reply
Re: Best Rivalry in Sports....... [casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry Casey, India / Pakistan in Rugby....... I think you mean cricket?? Australia biggest rivalry in cricket would more likely be England, especially when "The Ashes" are up for grabs. New Zealand will always have a "friendly rivalry" with Ozzy in all sports, but in Rugby Union it's biggest foe is South Africa!! - however, of late, beating the World Champion English in the last two tests was most satisfying!! - scoring 8 tries and not having their line crossed once.
Quote Reply

Prev Next