Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Jeremy, I think you're right [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ferdly or Fredly or who knows? : I don't find your arguments pursuasive. I also think people should identify themselves, particularly if they are going to take someone to task for being blatantly commercial or otherwise criticize them. Banging on Frank Day from an anonymous computer is pusillanimous, er, or some big word like that.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Jeremy, I think you're right [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Jaylew and Ferdly:

Maybe you have, maybe you haven't, but I'll bet if you had invented something as cool as Power Cranks and put a bundle of money on the line to produce and market them, then you'd be doing the same thing Frank Day is doing. I'm sure you're right, but I haven't. That said, I still feel that the post was made in rather poor taste.

Let's have a little tolerance, please, for these manufacturers who come onto Dan's site and give us information that is almost always very helpful. Sheezh.... Remember, some of these guys are paying to keep the site you are bitching on open. You must be confusing my post with someone else's. If you read my post, you'll notice that my overriding theme was that we can choose to read the threads we are interested in and ignore others. I have no problem with PC's or Frank(Who knows, I may buy a set someday), just a particular post. It doesn't bother me, though. As I said, I would never have read it in the first place if it wasn't for this thread.

-Robert
Quote Reply
Re: Jeremy, I think you're right [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well this thread has taken an interesting turn. as for myself i dig my PC's the most, and rank them right up there with index/sti/ergo shifting and front susp on mt bikes as far as addding to the quality and enjoyment of cycling goes. without mr day's prolific posting i would never have experienced them and i am in his debt for that. time was i bashed both him and his product for similar reasons as the posters above and more - and again i am beholden to him for being as thick skinned as he is. the product is by its nature drawing of discussion and debate as everybody knows and so comparing mr day's presence to mr demmerly's or gerard's is not really apprapo, IMHO.

by contrast, there is no amount of posts on drafting in draft free races or taking illegal performance enhancing substances that will EVER cause me to rethink those positions. isn't that what the thread was about ????
Quote Reply

Prev Next