Prev Next
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas, O'Connor, Bardet
Martinez, Tiberi

GD: Stage 7
Last edited by: likes_bikes: May 3, 24 15:15
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pogi, O'Conner, Bardet, Martinez, Ferris

G-Dog on Stage 2

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pog, Thomas, O'Conner

Giro dog stage 5
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ttusomeone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pog, Dani, JuanPe
O'Connor, Thomas

Pretty sure I had said G-dogg on stage 9

Also interested to see how ciclamino turns out, it's quite the sprinting field, be tough for Milan to repeat but I think he'll do it.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm gonna' be a little different and throw out some Stage 1 picks:
Pogacar, Vendrame, Hermans
Bardet, Laporte

It's going to be a strange Giro. The startlist quality is substantially lower than any of the last 15 years. I expect we'll see a lot of young guys getting their chance. And puppies too!
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pogacar, Bardet, O'Connor
Thomas, Martinez

GD on stage 6
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
Also interested to see how ciclamino turns out,

Barring Pog calamity, this should be the more exciting race. I think Milan and Kooij are top two. Groves has been inconspicuous this Spring, but still a contender. Merlier has great form. Can he handle three weeks, and what does their train look like without Morkov?

Pog, Martinez, GT
Bardet, Can’t spell his name Cian

Dog today
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Milan and Groves climb much better than the others. I'm going with one of those.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [likes_bikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be watching LL Cool hand to see how he handles 3 weeks and where he is relative to Merlier each day.aybe he swipes a stage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought LL Cool J might have retired with Luis leon sanchez. totally understand cool hand lamperti deserves a nickname.
my picks today are ag2r focused - marus aurelien pp.
that dog. today? I fear it'll happen.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fredericknorton wrote:
I thought LL Cool J might have retired with Luis leon sanchez. totally understand cool hand lamperti deserves a nickname.
my picks today are ag2r focused - marus aurelien pp.
that dog. today? I fear it'll happen.

Yeah. Dog rich environment. Fan o the day might be the woman holding a baby in a pink dress and pink Dolly Parton wig. Awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
half hour or so ago i heard gd barking - i was going no no too soon
maybe just announcing he's ready

wished i'd seen DP woman
Last edited by: heyMartin: May 4, 24 7:16
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that The Bjerg on the front? He's been in full tractor mode for quite a while.
Last edited by: McNulty: May 4, 24 7:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the 'bjerg collective' - resistance is futile. just trying to fetch bottles with my nickname game.
ala - looking good but looks don't much matter when the launching happens. will have to pick up later - going live spectating for da nieces in local school mtb races! (not bringing Murray dog bc he has a nose for giro dogging calamity).
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Can I get a ruling?
Last edited by: trail: May 4, 24 8:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Giro Dog!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

well that didn't take long
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

well played!

gnarvarez looking ominous
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [buzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WOW! Gnarvaez!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ballin. Good that it’ll be on Ineos to control tomorrow but that seems like a lot of wasted energy for Ferris.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

Can I get a ruling?

Hahaha.

Well, this may not technically a Giro Dog appearance as it's leashed, but definitely in the Giro Dog spirit which is basically, "What are you doing in my neighborhood?" I say it qualifies.
The gruppo shall decide. Hilarious.

The Gnar!

And Orla is on form.
Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone chime in with what happened here, I caught this for a second then was getting yelled at to help the wifezilla with weekend stuff.

Quote Reply
Re: ***Spoilers*** Bike racing spectator thread 2024 [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mike s wrote:
Anyone chime in with what happened here, I caught this for a second then was getting yelled at to help the wifezilla with weekend stuff.

Ha, think my Situation Room attention was over in Spain around then, so missed it. Reserve Wheels are "semi-hookless" for the conspiracy-minded.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
trail wrote:
Can I get a ruling?
Well, this may not technically a Giro Dog appearance as it's leashed, but definitely in the Giro Dog spirit which is basically, "What are you doing in my neighborhood?"

I was thinking all these things. Probably should have defined "Giro dog" from the outset. I think of it as a loose dog, but there is precedent I think from the leashed dog almost causing Peto to crash at Tirreno (so not the Giro but still Italy).

I was actually on the phone with my mom watching the race and blurted out " Giro dog!" mid-conversation, much to her bemusement.
Quote Reply

Prev Next