Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wove saddles officially launched and for sale [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honest question, are these athletes reaching out to you to solve a saddle issue or you reaching out to them to get your saddle under them?
Quote Reply
Re: Wove saddles officially launched and for sale [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

For Joe, I saw that he had been changing up saddles during the Sub7 project and made a best guess as to what issue he might be having, contacted him, I was correct in my guess and the V8 was a good fit for his needs.

I offered Rudy a prototype in 2019 and he's worked with us ever since, helping us iterate through dozens of prototypes and arrive at the current V8.

The British Cycling women: the British Cycling team requested several saddles to rotate around with their athletes and the riders get to choose.

For Jason West, we reached out to Jason, he tested and tried for some time, has been racing on the V8 all year, and he decided it was the saddle for him. We take our time because a saddle takes time to warm up to, even if it feels great right off the bat.

Jason Pohl has been rotating through different saddles for a couple of years and landed on ours.

Matt McElroy was having issues on his TT bike with his saddle so I offered to let him test the V8 and it worked well for him. We keep a pulse on bike fits and pros reach out to me behind the scenes for bike fit help, so this has been one way we've been in touch, and again, I don't push Wove's saddles if it's not working for someone, and still offer fit assistance as requested.

Some folks reach out to us on their own. But I will say, nobody is riding our saddle because of a fat check, ha. We only want folks riding our saddles because the saddle is working for them. And, if in the future the saddle stops working with them, no hard feelings and maybe we'll see them again in the future and we always take feedback seriously and incorporate (that's on advantage to our US based manufacturing; we can make changes pretty quickly behind the scenes)

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: May 30, 23 11:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any reason why both the V8 and Mags use carbon rails, and will you produce versions with metal rails in the future?
Quote Reply
Re: Wove saddles officially launched and for sale [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:
Any reason why both the V8 and Mags use carbon rails, and will you produce versions with metal rails in the future?

We started with our flagship model. Carbon rails because we as a company care about weight and are weight-weenies and a large swath of the target market for this flagship model are also weight-weenies. more about weight, here.

The V8 is ~136g at 30cm long with integrated bottle holder, and Mags is ~126g and both have no rider weight limit. That would not be possible with metal rails. That's where we wanted to start with Wove as a brand. We had no desire to come out of the gate being something for everyone, just everything to someone. It is just the beginning for us as a company.

Yes, there will be future versions, but no further comments at this time.

Last edited by: milesthedog: May 30, 23 12:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thx!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We're doing a side-by-side comparison of channel width, nose width and width transition and I'll post a preview here.
  1. Channel Width: The V8's channel width provides ample soft tissue relief.
  2. Nose Width: The V8's nose width supports the pelvic bones - it’s not so narrow that the nose sits between these bones and increases soft tissue pressure & discomfort, and not so wide as to rub & chafe the inner thighs. (nose widths measured at the furthest point forward that the rider can sit on the saddle - saddles with rounded noses are measured further back for this reason)
  3. Transition: The V8's transition from rear to nose quickly tapers to get the saddle out of the way to maximize thigh clearance and reduce the likelihood of thigh rub and chafing.

can see hi-quality images on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/...hid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Last edited by: milesthedog: Jun 3, 23 7:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny, but not so funny story about my Wove V8.

I finished the UnboundXL on Saturday. The mud made it take about 7 hours longer than expected, but that's another story. Hours were spent walking, but even more hours were spent riding, and I never even thought about the saddle all day because I never had any discomfort. That's amazing.

Fast forward a bit... After the race, I was shattered. The extra hours meant I was also awake longer than planned and wasn't able to start refueling as early as I would have liked. I fell asleep at the table right after the finish line. I fell asleep again in the passenger seat of my buddy's car on the 1-mile car ride back to the Air BNB, and then in the Air BNB garage in a camping chair for about an hour while people tried to wake me up. They finally got me in the shower, and then I fell asleep on the floor without eating and stayed asleep on the floor until the next morning. They tried to wake me up to get me in a bed and couldn't.

That's how shattered I was. My friend drove me back to OKC. I had left my car at my friend's bike shop, so he dropped me off there, 9 miles from home. I felt fine to drive by then.

I put my bike on the roof rack of my beloved e46 BMW m3. It's a seasucker rack with 4 cups that vacuum to the sunroof. Now, I should mention that I almost never use this rack. I always try to just use my trunk for my bike, but aerobars make that challenging; especially with all the extra stuff I was taking up to the race.

So I'm on the phone with my wife as I pull into my driveway and slowly pull into the garage, and I hear a crunch. I'm so out of it that I immediately assume I must have hit my side wall with my mirror, but the mirror looks fine. That's when I realized how big of an idiot I was. My bike doesn't fit into the garage on the roof rack.

I jumped out of the car and saw that the seasucker was ripped off the roof. I'm not sure how much force it takes to rip off all 4 cups, but I did it. It pulled the sunroof glass up and out of the car, bending the mechanism of the sunroof. It scratched the crap out of my roof. I was in horror.

But..

The bike looks totally fine. The Wove V8 was the piece of the bike that made contact with my house. There's a mark on my house the width of the nose of the saddle. I don't see a single crack on the saddle. Somehow my 3T Exploro isn't showing any cracks either. I'm going to have somebody with a bit more brain power than me look it over, but I don't see cracks, don't hear creaking, and a ride around my neighborhood felt totally normal on it. I have a feeling if any other part of the bike had made contact, I'd have a broken bike.

So now I need to deal with a broken sunroof. I feel like such a dummy, but wanted to share my experience and give kudos to one heck of a strong saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: Wove saddles officially launched and for sale [rob_bell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow Rob! That’s one heck of a story and epic race with a tragic ending for your car, house but luckily not bike/saddle!

Stephen of Rodeo Labs finished on a single speed with our Mags saddle (we’ll post some pics on instagram soon).

Have to imagine you’re still catching up on sleep!

Quote Reply
Re: Wove saddles officially launched and for sale [rob_bell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. A lot of amazing things in that story! Sounds like some pretty serious hypoglycemia! I'm amazed you finished the race.

Also amazing that a 130g piece of carbon fiber attached to a bike by carbon fiber rails a few mm thick can take that amount of force and be ok. I drove a Felt IA into the top of my garage once and the fork crunched.

I used to really like my Adamo saddle that is now on my road bike on my trainer. Now that I have gotten used to my Wove saddle, the Adamo seems seriously uncomfortable beyond an hour.... I've gotten spoiled now.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
Wow Rob! That’s one heck of a story and epic race with a tragic ending for your car, house but luckily not bike/saddle!

Stephen of Rodeo Labs finished on a single speed with our Mags saddle (we’ll post some pics on instagram soon).

I saw him - and his Mags saddle - in one of Ben Delaney's YT clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZgdQg6p1D4 Head to about the 7:44 mark.
Quote Reply
Re: Wove saddles officially launched and for sale [Bdaghisallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bdaghisallo wrote:
milesthedog wrote:

I saw him - and his Mags saddle - in one of Ben Delaney's YT clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZgdQg6p1D4 Head to about the 7:44 mark.

Awesome! I hadn't seen that.

I LOVE Stephen's feature in this Escape Collective article - so many people were complaining about the mud, but scroll to his take, pure gold and the true spirit of gravel, imo: https://escapecollective.com/...2023-unbound-gravel/

"Not all riders were angry about the decision not to detour around the early mud pit. Like Stephen Fitzgerald, who completed the 200-mile race and pointed to the difficulty of Unbound as one of its defining features.

'So glad you had the courage to leave this section in,” he wrote on a comment under a video from the official Unbound account. “The spectrum of weather and course conditions has always been a part of the Unbound experience. This isn’t the first mud year and hopefully it won’t be the last.

'We’ve recently had many super dry and hot years with super high race speeds, and it was high time that nature reminded us that the Flint Hills are still wild, and so is gravel. You can go for a 200 mile ride anywhere, any day [of] the week, but Unbound only happens in one place, once a year.'"

Last edited by: milesthedog: Jun 6, 23 11:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice write up by Ronan for his North to South end-to-end Ireland 15 hour record-setting ride

https://escapecollective.com/...w-end-to-end-record/

Some of his Ride Stats:

568 km
15hrs30min total time
15hrs07min moving time
37.5 kph moving average
4,529 m elevation gain
677 TSS
11,523 KJ
49:51 left right balacne
214 avg power, 234 Normalised Power
82 rpm average
CdA: 0.205 (calculated)

"I spent the winter refining that time-trial position on my Factor Hanzo TT bike and tried several saddles before finally opting for a Wove V8 TT saddle to avoid any issues. Improving comfort and positional sustainability was the first step. [..] I had chosen the Wove V8 saddle because the cover offers improved grip, the wide nose offers plenty of support, and the deep central channel means I can run less-negative saddle tilt without creating a pressure point on the nose. I found these three features combined in a saddle offered me much more support in the TT position. Saddle support is often overlooked in time trial setup. The upper body cannot relax into the time trial position without adequate support."

Last edited by: milesthedog: Jun 14, 23 19:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also announced Jason West on our saddle. He's been racing on it for the entire 2023 season: https://www.instagram.com/...hid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HAHA This is a awesome..

E-DUB
Chief Janitor @Slowtwitch
Life is short. Dont be mad all the time.

Quote Reply
Re: Wove saddles [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two updates:

We've launched our water bottle cage strap made to hold bts bottle securely in place: https://wovebike.com/bottle-loop

I posted more info over in this thread: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=8012581#p8012581

Second, due to our demand being high, we are increasing production capacity for 2024 and offering special pricing to early adopters for 2024 Mags Road+Gravel saddles. Click here for early adopter pricing: https://wovebike.com/mags-ea

Last edited by: milesthedog: Sep 21, 23 11:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there in Boulder Colorado,

the MAGS saddle is on my check list for Chrome*Luzié .. 3 check points are open and I'd like to ask for help ..

• the lenght from the nose to the furthest mark on the saddle rail for clamping ??
• the wide .. let's say at the middle of the nose ??
• any experiences with the Cervélo two position seat post clamp from the first S5 Models 2012 ??

.. that two position post is a bit tricky, it needs very high clamping forces to keep the angle right with a big boom arm, at the moment it is 178mm from the nose to the furthest clamp point .. the clamping is shearing and the opposite surfaces are .. small ..

.. thanks for helping me staying pretty fast some minutes longer .. oSo >>

.. ah .. and how could it get shipped [taxes] to Heidelberg, Germany ??

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Last edited by: sausskross: Nov 6, 23 13:18
Quote Reply
Re: Wove saddles [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See below and let me know if this helps!

note: your picture is of a single nose saddle. the distance from the tip of the nose to the rear most clamp area is apples to oranges when comparing to Wove's saddles and any other snub nose saddle or split nose saddle. Thank you!

Last edited by: milesthedog: Nov 6, 23 14:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.. yep .. that shows exactly what I was asking for .. thank you very much .. you are right with my single nose saddle [Ergon SR Men] .. I just need a reference for overlay pics to get an idea what is possible in improvement .. without loosing basics .. in a first view the length of the V8 is nice .. the top view will give more insight .. it's after midnight here .. tomorow is another day .. people keep on learning ..

___/\___/\___/\___
Last edited by: sausskross: Nov 6, 23 15:26
Quote Reply
Re: Wove saddles [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great! Definitely check out our instagram page for side by side comparisons to other popular saddles, and we have a 30 day return policy to make it easy to try. I’m confident you’ll get far enough forward. Thank you!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.. on insta I found Wove via Simmons this spring .. I like his music taste .. ;-)

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Closest thing to a Black Friday deal we’ll offer: https://wovebike.com/early-adopter

had a number of people PM us about deals.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just want to chime in and give my feedback as I have purchased the V8 saddle for my new SC build.
I was coming from a COBB PLUS / JCOB Delta P saddle.

I was feeling a bit un-easy about spending this kind of money on a saddle, but I have been VERY happy with the Wove saddle so far.

Communication from the guys at WOVE has been very good and also accommodating as I had a special request that they did not hesitate to help with.

The saddle arrived well packaged, with 30oz Wove-branded insulated bottle, dogbone to mount a bottle cage and the "bottle retention system" (now optional I believe).

The look and feel of the saddle itself feels really good and high-quality.

It's super light at under 140g, the difference in weight holding the saddle it replaced in comparison was very impressive.
Carbon weave looks awesome..

Love that it has an integrated bottle cage mount.

Here's the bottom view of the saddle. Also shows the dogbone installed allowing to retain the bottle cage in place.

Loaded:

Above is how I plan to run it.

While I was looking forward to the 'bottle retention system' provided by Wove, I thought it was a bit "bulky" especially when not in use. I decided to just use the same type of elastic I've been using in the past ~8 years instead (the elastic part of a Bongo Tie from Amazon). It's easy to loop it on the cage tab when not in use so nothing is sticking out. The elastic is just sandwiched between the saddle and the cage at the screw closest to the seatpost, so it's captive there. I've never launched a bottle with that in place.

On Wove's site they say you can technically mount 2 bottle cages vertically but warn that you likely can only ride in aero position because the back of the bottle will hit your bum when sitting.
I think this is easily addressed with a small and cheap (and lightweight) accessory: Wolf Tooth B-RAD 2 bracket that allows to relocate a cage axially further back.

(I may have had to find different length screws)

Side note: Just for fun, I played with this and see if I could "mimic" the aero setup that some pros seem to be going for with an Aero bottle mounted below (for aerodynamics only) and the actual bottle used for hydration above.(i.e. Magnus). There;s no way to tell if this below would have any benefit at all - these guys I am sure have tweaked their setup very precisely using some form of aero testing - but in principle I could do the below configuration and the bottle was clear of my butt when sitting.
I have NOT tried to ride this outside so I can't confirm

Back on topic.. First time I sat on the saddle I thought the padding was a tad firm.. but mostly because I was mindful of how it felt, riding with a new saddle. After a bit of riding, both in aero and seated positions I completely forgot about the saddle itself and did not feel any discomfort.

Keep in mind I only rode maybe 8 times on it, most rides between 45 and 90 minutes and the longest ride was only 2.5h - but so far I am very happy with it and feel good about my purchase.

Thought this might be helpful for someone on the fence, to see another piece of feedback :)

Kudos to the designers and makers of this awesome saddle!

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Quote Reply
Re: Wove saddles [spocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much for the review! Definitely report back on the feel of the foam. We really wanted the ideal balance of firmness but 11mm deep foam that takes the edge off rough roads.

We love the Wolftooth B-RAD solutions. Another option for when someone wants side by side BTS bottles is to mount the B-Rad extension plate you used under the saddle, still keeping the dog bone on the bottom and sandwiching that plate, and then add these double bottle brackets: https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/...-bottle-cage-adapter

Last, the handles for the bottle retention system were 3D printed, but we’ve moved to injection molding them (nylon glass fill) so that they’re lighter and stronger and reshaped to be a tad more ergonomic:

As for the loop hanging when not in use - we’d recommend always having a bottle back there even if empty just for the possible aero gains.

Last edited by: milesthedog: Nov 25, 23 13:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
Joe Skipper on Wove V8 saddle:
https://www.instagram.com/...hid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

What gadget has Joe Skipper used there to get his BTS angle more upright? Looks like a modified Profile Design RMP or RM 10, but it’s not obvious to me how you could mod those for such a clean attachment.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply

Prev Next