Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did mine. I went long, 29 whole minutes!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our first mistressk photo of the season! Yay!

Today was my sixth day of running in a row. I just checked my log...I haven't been able to do that since October of last year.

Im on a roll. Might be a sausage roll.... But, it's round. 😂
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just sneaked mine in before midnight...the wife and oldest kids had tickets to Hamilton and got back around 11. But I couldn't take a "day off" on day 1, so off I went!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dtoce wrote:
220 ppl out of 518 ppl have done a run today!!

Lol 221 - I've been terrible about updating my training log for the past year or so, and fully expect to fall waaaaaay down the leaderboard until I do a big batch of entries (I think I'm only current up to last Friday after logging everything from Oct 13th onward last week). I'm allergic to strava so it's manual entry only!

Quote | Reply
mistressk wrote:
I'm allergic to Strava so it's manual entry only!

I keep a spreadsheet which I reconcile to the Training Log during 100/100

"Oops! I missed a day someplace!"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
bluestacks867 wrote:
Triathlon does not appeal to me anymore and I have only been running lately. I haven't really been on the forums because of that. I saw the email come in tonight and thought I would check it out. I have a lot of goals this winter that do not really align with the challenge, so I am out this year.

I respect you choice to bow out of the 100/100 for whatever your goals and plans are, but....

You should be well aware of the fact that this is FAAAR from a JUST a triathlon site. It's not exclusively any one thing. We have runners, and cyclists, and fishes, and some who don't do any of it anymore. We've had major threads on rowing, hiking, ultra, you name it. It's all of them.. Or a lot, anyway. Or none. But, this place... More than any other online place I hang out is a family... In all the f'ed up ways families are. We have crazy Dev(who argues with everyone in long form) , and no-capitals dan (had to fix the autocorrect that capitalized dan) .. Grumpy Ryan, and heart-man Tom (or whatever) .... And the immortal bluestacks who will forever be known for the insane OTT approach to gaming the system and setting a bar none of us even WANT to touch.

You're as much a part of that for you exploits in past years of this as everyone else.

I haven't done a triathlon since 2018. I may never do one again, I duuno. Maybe I will? But, I'm still here.... Well, here again?

We all have our ebbs and flows here in the forums for various reasons. I've been absent, too. Not because I gave up tri...I've been in a bit of a funk, and I just gave up on "stuff" for a while. So now I'm fat, and slow and getting older. But, damnit I'm back.

So yeah... That's what I have to say about that.

Hey Tom - I completely agree that this site is about more than just Triathlon. I found the site as a beginner triathlete and used the forum to learn. Triathlon ended up not being for me, so I am not on as much as I was the first year when I was asking questions and hunting down information. 100/100 is what brings be back now and then. But yeah, I completely agree.

synthetic wrote:
What race was this at?

Anyways this is example of burnout which I am advocating this challenge not reward... Running as many possible times in a day.

Anyways my wife joined, so guess I have to do it :p

It was at Harrisburg, PA - local to me. I was able to exit my own bathroom 45 minutes before the start :)

---

@dtoce and dev - thank you!

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the motivation everyone. I’m significantly out of shape (235lbs and 6ft tall), but I did complete a run today. I might try to hit 100 runs, but just have to take things a day at a time.

I’m so out of shape that a 9:30 pace 2mi made me hit a threshold HR of 172avg 190max. Hahahaha

Cheers all -

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluestacks867 wrote:
Tom_hampton wrote:
bluestacks867 wrote:
Triathlon does not appeal to me anymore and I have only been running lately. I haven't really been on the forums because of that. I saw the email come in tonight and thought I would check it out. I have a lot of goals this winter that do not really align with the challenge, so I am out this year.

I respect you choice to bow out of the 100/100 for whatever your goals and plans are, but....

You should be well aware of the fact that this is FAAAR from a JUST a triathlon site. It's not exclusively any one thing. We have runners, and cyclists, and fishes, and some who don't do any of it anymore. We've had major threads on rowing, hiking, ultra, you name it. It's all of them.. Or a lot, anyway. Or none. But, this place... More than any other online place I hang out is a family... In all the f'ed up ways families are. We have crazy Dev(who argues with everyone in long form) , and no-capitals dan (had to fix the autocorrect that capitalized dan) .. Grumpy Ryan, and heart-man Tom (or whatever) .... And the immortal bluestacks who will forever be known for the insane OTT approach to gaming the system and setting a bar none of us even WANT to touch.

You're as much a part of that for you exploits in past years of this as everyone else.

I haven't done a triathlon since 2018. I may never do one again, I duuno. Maybe I will? But, I'm still here.... Well, here again?

We all have our ebbs and flows here in the forums for various reasons. I've been absent, too. Not because I gave up tri...I've been in a bit of a funk, and I just gave up on "stuff" for a while. So now I'm fat, and slow and getting older. But, damnit I'm back.

So yeah... That's what I have to say about that.

Hey Tom - I completely agree that this site is about more than just Triathlon. I found the site as a beginner triathlete and used the forum to learn. Triathlon ended up not being for me, so I am not on as much as I was the first year when I was asking questions and hunting down information. 100/100 is what brings be back now and then. But yeah, I completely agree.

synthetic wrote:
What race was this at?

Anyways this is example of burnout which I am advocating this challenge not reward... Running as many possible times in a day.

Anyways my wife joined, so guess I have to do it :p

It was at Harrisburg, PA - local to me. I was able to exit my own bathroom 45 minutes before the start :)

---

@dtoce and dev - thank you!

Bluestacks - good to see you here. What year did you get 1st in the challenge with that crazy amount of runs?

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Technically, I only said "may never". Likely won't do an OW swim, because it freaks my wife out since the surgery. So, any tris would be pool swims. Which is fine... No love lost between me and ows.

Day 2, is in the books.

I was wrong yesterday. Yesterday marked 5 in a row, and 6 out of 7 (still a first in the last 12 months) . So, today is #6.

Here's hoping for more firsts...

Santa Anna winds here in Burbank today. The hotel was rocking and rolling all night. Back home to Texas fall today. We bought a house on a lake this summer.... So, I have some decent scenery available. Nothing to rival the mistressk, but better than my usual texas farmland.
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Nov 16, 22 11:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seeing my second run in my training log (pulled from Strava) but it’s not showing up in the 100/100 challenge. It’s 2 miles, so it should be eligible. Any reason why it’s not getting picked up? Only thing I can think of is that it was a manual entry into Strava and not a data sync from a watch (forgot to wear one). Does that matter?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [FlyingJalapeno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was it "exactly" 2 miles? Maybe it's really 1.9999 with rounding? Just try editing the ST entry and bump the mileage up to 2.01 or something. See it that fixes it...

Otherwise..... Paging Erik...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You’re a genius! Just made it 2.01 and it logged in the challenge. Going g forward I won’t be running to the bare minimum. Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [FlyingJalapeno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol. Not a genius. 30 years of writing software teaches you 1 or 2 things. Glad it worked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Started today, a day late but it's all good. This is my 4th or 5th challenge I think. Happy to see the 2 mile counts this year....I really think I can hit 100 runs this year and that is my goal. The trick is to run on ski days, and the 2 mile option makes that much more likely. Here's to a healthy 100 challenge for everyone.!
Last edited by: amphibops: Nov 16, 22 15:41
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [amphibops] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome back!!! Good luck & have fun!!!

We def need more on the origin of your username - that's gotta be a story

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2/2

Still chilly and breezy, but I balled out and ran in shorts w/2 layers of shirts [long sleeves under short sleeves] & gloves - if I can see my breath, I wear gloves

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mainly a forum lurker here, but I'm going to give this a go.

I'm far to fat, slow and generally unfit for my liking. So I'm looking to get into a more consistent, sustainable training routine than the boom and bust cycle I've been doing over the 10 years or so I've been participating (poorly) in this sport. The 100/100 concept fits very nicely with what I see myself doing over the next couple of years. The full 100 isn't on the cards yet, I'm quite sure that would end in injury for me. So I'm aiming for a bronze 70 something runs. Maybe the full 100 next year.

3 days in, 3 runs done. So I'm enjoying my temporary place close to the top of the leader board. (just don't look at my avg pace)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [bullfrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome!!! Good luck & have fun!!!

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My dog thinks this is the greatest challenge the world has ever known.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [NMGal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NMGal wrote:

Must. Have. Pics. Of dog.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
NMGal wrote:

Must. Have. Pics. Of dog.

Agreed, the dogs are loving this. I can't remember the last time I was able to put my running shoes on without company!

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [ntl_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's some nice artwork there, as well

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One hears a lot of interesting sounds out on the road at 6:30AM - birds waking up in the trees; cars/trucks/buses going down the highway about 1/2 mile distant; red-eye flights to & from PHL coming and going overhead - but this morning was accompanied by a unwavering low-frequency industrial hum, that seemed to be coming form nowhere specific but everywhere at the same time

If I had taken Rick Beato's Ear-Training Course, I could tell you exactly what note that was [I'm thinking a G-flat-minor, something]

My route this morning did not take me that way [and honestly, I never go over there], but there is a cement/gravel mill about two miles the other way from me, which certainly could've been the source

It's almost 9AM now, and it's still going --- still droning --- still whining --- still maintaining the same volume and pitch and frequency; unrelenting

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

Haha--thanks! Some prefer the classics, we prefer the rotating selection of seasonal kid art projects from school. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [ntl_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ntl_tri wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Haha--thanks! Some prefer the classics, we prefer the rotating selection of seasonal kid art projects from school. :)

I create mine, post it on IG, then stash it in a flat file, never to be seen IRL again LOL

Quote Reply

Prev Next