Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [buddhabelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome!!! Good luck & have fun!!!

Stick around to see mistressk's photos of wonderful trails in the cold dark winter of Canuckistan!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluestacks867 wrote:
Triathlon does not appeal to me anymore and I have only been running lately. I haven't really been on the forums because of that. I saw the email come in tonight and thought I would check it out. I have a lot of goals this winter that do not really align with the challenge, so I am out this year.

I'll probably be back in the future, it will just depend on when my goals line up again. This challenge has made me a better runner over the years. I was a 3:55:00 marathon runner when I first joined the challenge in 2018. Yesterday I went sub 3 in very windy conditions. I was able to peak a couple training weeks at 95 miles and I know my strength and endurance was built in part from my three years of 100/100.

I think it is a great challenge no matter what the rules are. You get what you put into it and you should do it for yourself. Throw down hard and make gains. Good luck to everyone on their running this winter!

sure hope that you reconsider...

You are another one that I think of when this challenge starts, as your feat was really something in the 'awe-inspiring' world and just seeing that handle will make me smile
edited to add: congrats on sub-3! that was something I had tried and failed in my younger days and volume training is awesome for dropping M times--your improvement is testament to that

and.....................................I'm on the board!
Last edited by: dtoce: Nov 15, 22 4:53
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
I haven't done a triathlon since 2018. I may never do one again, I duuno. Maybe I will? But, I'm still here.... Well, here again?

I'll see your 2018 and raise my 2006. :)

I agree with your comment about "not just a triathlon site". I continue to browse this site because I haven't given up on endurance sports, just competing in tri. I started my athletic life as a runner* and expect to go out as one, however, I still hop on the spin bike now and then (while my road, tri, and mtn bikes gather dust), and most shockingly, took up swimming again at the beginning of 2022 after almost 16 years off.

Although I no longer care about the latest bicycle tech or who's who in the triathlon world, I still find some interesting content from time to time. "Slowtwitch" indeed.

*Actually as a HS wrestler who started running XC to maintain off season fitness and never stopped.

Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [bluestacks867] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just wanted to say congrats on the sub 3. Your ability to train endlesslessly without injury (the two comined) are key to the shaving of the 1 hrs you did off your time.

OK let's get thing rolling.

@Tom Hampton, never say never, and yes, I get the "seniors communication" but I take solace that in may age group at worlds I got beaten by 182 FASTER 55-59's and I am not a complete slouch (well I am on the run, but I can swim and bike....I guess that's is what they prescribe to seniors for rehab when they fall in the bath tub)....but over here we are prescribing 100/100.

How about starting a channel swim crossing per month in parallel!!! You in?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [tricyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
For it.

OK, let's get this game rolling. Did you run yet today? My pathetic excuse is that it is 9am and have been stuck in meetings since 7:30. I was a lazy sloth and did not MAKE time before to get my shuffle done. May need to do 6x5 min jogs in work clothes around the parking lot between meetings and come 5 min late to each one!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

for those photo files that are too big---
it's Ben Deal to the rescue!

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My run is *scheduled* while I'm getting the winter tires thrown on my truck.

Have to block my calendar or else it all goes to hell.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, yes ... the old "finding time vs. making time" challenge

That seems to be me, every day, in so many aspects

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Present and accounted for boss!

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [buddhabelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First timer here, as well. I'm following a tri plan that calls for 3-4 runs a week. I'll be adding the 3-4 extra runs as traditional or reverse bricks, whenever possible - or how do you deal with having to take one more shower in additional to all the showers you're already taking? :D Reverse, because running off the trainer isn't always smart in our freezing wintertime temps.

The objective is to do the volume while adding minimal injury risk.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: Nov 15, 22 9:13
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure what is going on, but my swim this AM seems to have uploaded while my run did not. No big deal as I'll still try and do this, but doesn't look like it'll get logged because I'm definitely not gonna do it manually.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluestacks867 wrote:
Triathlon does not appeal to me anymore and I have only been running lately. I haven't really been on the forums because of that. I saw the email come in tonight and thought I would check it out. I have a lot of goals this winter that do not really align with the challenge, so I am out this year.

I'll probably be back in the future, it will just depend on when my goals line up again. This challenge has made me a better runner over the years. I was a 3:55:00 marathon runner when I first joined the challenge in 2018. Yesterday I went sub 3 in very windy conditions. I was able to peak a couple training weeks at 95 miles and I know my strength and endurance was built in part from my three years of 100/100.

I think it is a great challenge no matter what the rules are. You get what you put into it and you should do it for yourself. Throw down hard and make gains. Good luck to everyone on their running this winter!

What race was this at?

Anyways this is example of burnout which I am advocating this challenge not reward... Running as many possible times in a day.

Anyways my wife joined, so guess I have to do it :p
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

First run done.

Here is a pic to get us started...the river is not quite frozen yet.

Last edited by: buddhabelly: Nov 17, 22 4:33
Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In for Dev's Classic.

After a warm start to November here in NE, the cold has arrived (both the weather and the virus). So I'll be taking it nice and easy. I don't normally run with a phone, but I'll try to snap some pics. Looking forward to some e-inspiration to get outside in the cold.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
My run is *scheduled* while I'm getting the winter tires thrown on my truck.

Have to block my calendar or else it all goes to hell.

Blocking calendar is rule number 1 of being an age group athlete. For 25 years, I have had 11:30-2 pm technically blocked off....I don't use 2.5 hrs to workout (if I am lucky I will get 30-60 to actually use), but others have to schedule on top of that, but generally the rest of the work world tries to get your open slots. You schedule time for working out like you schedule time for making money. If you don't MAKE TIME for workout, you are likely not going to hit them.

I hope you had a great run while winter tires were installed (good time management).

As it turns out, the pool closed 1 hrs earlier than I thought, so rather than do a 1:15 swim at lunch time I got a 30 min swim + 35 min run in and did not have to carve out additional time for running today. I think I will start figuring out when to do the running during this 100/100 as lunch is kind of booked for swimming

Maybe we have to add to 100/100 rules. But you know you can do 4x5 min jogging through the day. No shower needed, barely any scheduling needed!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Run was a big bucket of meh. But that's life sometimes.

After nearly wrecking my truck while driving my mother in law in some freezing rain last year, got a full set of winters. Swapped over to those and had the rear brakes re-done (pads and rotors at 55K...not particularly happy but, here we are).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goddamn! It looked & felt like it was gonna fucking snow, already

But nope, just grey & chilly - seasonable, actually, though I hate to admit it

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [Vertebrae6395] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will just retry the next time you upload. Anything that already uploaded will get skipped a second time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tank brought home some bloody plague on Friday that knocked him for a loop all weekend: Covid negative by rapid test for both of us Sunday evening, but by yesterday morning the scratchy throat was on me, and the headache and chills followed yesterday evening after I ran.

Took today off work because just existing this morning was hell, but the headache had faded by mid-afternoon. Tried a little gentle leg day workout (livingroom gym FTW) and seemed functional, so I bundled up like it was 10c colder than it actually was, and ambled around my block 5 times for exactly 5km.

Didn't die, and got to see these pretty little flowers nestled in a blanket of snow. Now to field explanations to my team at work, all of whom follow me on insta and will likely see that I ran on a sick day.. đŸ˜¸

Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
Run was a big bucket of meh. But that's life sometimes.

After nearly wrecking my truck while driving my mother in law in some freezing rain last year, got a full set of winters. Swapped over to those and had the rear brakes re-done (pads and rotors at 55K...not particularly happy but, here we are).

haha....the "MEH" run. I think that pretty well defines all my attempts at the sport of running since Oct 2015. But a MEH run is better than no run. Still looking for that elusive, "in the zone bliss run" that used to happen 2-5x per week in a decades past, but I suppose, my chassis is well past the time expired "running career" extended extended warranty period, and the person upstairs is just giving me some free miles but warning me there is no warranty on these miles and the elusive search for the "in the zone bliss run".

1 day down, 99 to go where maybe I can have one of those runs back.

Congrats on the run! I need to get my winter tires on too!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had a few truly enjoyable runs recently. Today was not one of them. Kinda been in a foul mood all day and it carried into the run.

Shit happens.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Slowtwitch 16th Annual 100/100 Run Challenge (2022/23) Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My run today shows up under all of my workouts, is pulled from Strava but is not on the board. Any thoughts?

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
220 ppl out of 518 ppl have done a run today!!

that's simply awesome

hang in there Ryan --it'll get better....
Quote Reply

Prev Next