Prev Next
Re: Things Are About to Get Crazy Weird [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Things Are About to Get Crazy Weird [Clara Roberts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s really quite simple. We are awash in organized crime and foreign money and we are starting to drown in it. Because it’s the year 2022, the money is in tech and VC and 501-3-Cs. In a different era it would have been somewhere else.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Things Are About to Get Crazy Weird [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
No I don’t.

good. there's a lot of stuff you and i agree on. one is that andrew yang has not incorporated the protocols of the elders of zion into his worldview. you and i also agree that CPAC is a vulgar parody 1930s nazism.

where we disagree is it's all connected. we disagree on the scope of the conspiracy. it may well be that america ends up a failed project, but if it is i don't believe it's because a number of evil, cagey people launched trump knowing that de santis was the end game. the problem with conspiracy theories isn't that the facts are all wrong; but that belief in the vast conspiracy assigns outsized meaning and motives to discrete and isolated acts. if i do or say the wrong thing; if the numbers corresponding to the letters in my name add up to 144; if i fall and bump my head and arise with the mark of the beast; it's just more evidence of the conspiracy. there is no evidence that ever passes muster to disprove the theory.

let's say your writings had a great reach. folks could post to what you wrote just above and say, "look! eric says right there that that root of all evil is the concept of private property! it's just yet more proof of what liberals, democrats, atheists, slowtwitchers, women, gays, and smart people worldwide secretly want: communism!

but i don't think you're a cog in the wheel of the great communist conspiracy. are you?

so, CPAC is a vulgar parody of nazism. but i don't believe it's calculated nazism. it's just the same boorish nationism, anti-semitism, racism, tribalism that's been with us for millenia. it's pretty clear that it's hardwired onto our brain stem and what i've learned over the past 40 or 50 years is that we're gaining new and better thought as a race, but we're not shedding the old thought. did you read how polio was just discovered in NYC, perhaps hundreds of infections, the "tip of the iceberg." polio is analogous to virulent nationalism. take your eye off it; think of it as extinct; you've created the conditions for its reemergence.

but i don't think the russians, the chinese, the andrew yang, the knights templar, the freemasons are behind the polio outbreak. bad as polio is, sometimes things are just discretely, individually, unconnectedly bad.

I think you understate the innovation or revolution in polio affairs that’s happened since the last outbreak.

And yes, it’s Russia and China and Israel and the Gulf states… they’re killing us with our love of money to promote their own interests. This is the mirror that Trump showed us… he didn’t start it, he just flipped the script, and now they’re more brazen about it (LIV, $2B to Jared, etc.). He accelerated the slow motion coup, which included sustainable farming of laundered money.

And yes, it’s *calculated* vulgar Nazism, because that’s how propaganda, and also cons, and maybe cults, work. They’re calculated. For effect.

It’s a WWE revival cult looking to sweep up smaller cults to achieve network effects.

Anti communism is a tell, not an ideology.

It’s not Knights Templar and Freemasons, it’s Russian Israeli mafia, Likud, and Netanyahu, MBS and MBZ, Facebook and Cambridge Analytica. FBI and CIA. Real secret societies.

“Everything” connects thru tech, VC, private equity, PACs and SPACs, pass thrus, shell corporations, and 501-3-Cs, ie. money laundering.

The remedy is FARA, the FEC and SEC, the FBI and DOJ, which are apparently to be dismantled along with social security and Medicare and public schools.

This is the polio. You’re getting stuck on Lou Gehrig.

E

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Things Are About to Get Crazy Weird [Clara Roberts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clara Roberts wrote:
I view Eric’s vision of conspiracy in the same way I looked at climate change in 1990, when I was a sophomore in high school.

I didn’t know if it was real. I didn’t know how big or vast it was. I knew that even if it’s not real, it doesn’t hurt me to err on the side of caution and pay attention to it. And if it is a little true, we need to care. I don’t have to sign up for all of the claims or any portion of the claims. But I’m not going to shut down discussion until the discussion is clearly harmful.

I decide a discussion is harmful if the facts are bad or the conclusions don’t make sense. Eric cites a lot of facts and is SUPER LIGHT on legible conclusions. (Eric, you can’t say, “ see, I told you so!” unless you make some very clear conclusions. Rubbing noses in it is reserved for people who make clear conclusions.) But when he’s really pushed, he does make some good arguments.

I guess I feel like this issue of conspiracy versus people-stumbling-into-complementary-bad-behavior seems to happen in a lot of places. Sexism. Racism. It’s a little curious that men keep being sexist over hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years if there’s no conspiracy. Maybe, like you say, there is something in the primitive area of the brain that facilitates this— no conspiracy necessary to achieve the benefits of a conspiracy.
I find Eric's vision of conspiracy in the same way I look at Qanon. There are threads which can be connected and links to be established at highest levels of power to create whatever hairbrained conspiracy you can imagine. That doesn't mean a pedophile ring connecting the political and social elite was being run out of a pizza shop.
Quote Reply
Re: Things Are About to Get Crazy Weird [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
Clara Roberts wrote:
I view Eric’s vision of conspiracy in the same way I looked at climate change in 1990, when I was a sophomore in high school.

I didn’t know if it was real. I didn’t know how big or vast it was. I knew that even if it’s not real, it doesn’t hurt me to err on the side of caution and pay attention to it. And if it is a little true, we need to care. I don’t have to sign up for all of the claims or any portion of the claims. But I’m not going to shut down discussion until the discussion is clearly harmful.

I decide a discussion is harmful if the facts are bad or the conclusions don’t make sense. Eric cites a lot of facts and is SUPER LIGHT on legible conclusions. (Eric, you can’t say, “ see, I told you so!” unless you make some very clear conclusions. Rubbing noses in it is reserved for people who make clear conclusions.) But when he’s really pushed, he does make some good arguments.

I guess I feel like this issue of conspiracy versus people-stumbling-into-complementary-bad-behavior seems to happen in a lot of places. Sexism. Racism. It’s a little curious that men keep being sexist over hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years if there’s no conspiracy. Maybe, like you say, there is something in the primitive area of the brain that facilitates this— no conspiracy necessary to achieve the benefits of a conspiracy.
I find Eric's vision of conspiracy in the same way I look at Qanon. There are threads which can be connected and links to be established at highest levels of power to create whatever hairbrained conspiracy you can imagine. That doesn't mean a pedophile ring connecting the political and social elite was being run out of a pizza shop.

My conspiracy theory is that there’s a money laundering ring connected to the political and social elite is being run out of foreign intelligence and organized crime shops.

The upcoming Tom Barack case will be enlightening.

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
It’s not Knights Templar and Freemasons, it’s Russian Israeli mafia, Likud, and Netanyahu, MBS and MBZ, Facebook and Cambridge Analytica. FBI and CIA. Real secret societies.

“Everything” connects thru tech, VC, private equity, PACs and SPACs, pass thrus, shell corporations, and 501-3-Cs, ie. money laundering.

sorry, can't hang with you, bro. you've convinced clara, but i'm not there. yes, i see a lot of bad actors in the world. but to use clara's analogy of global warming, i don't need the farting cows to be in on it with the oil companies and the forest clear cutters. the fact that they're all contributing to climate change isn't a curious coincidence worth examining; it's the inevitable result of the state of the world.

if you want to find the common thread that links climate change, nationalism and a lot of other ills, it's too many people on the earth + the technological means by which these people can inflict harm to each other and the planet. they don't need to be in cahoots. the fallacy in your belief structure is that facts don't matter to you. you've created your own epistemology that is evidence-proof. so, when you write about how cons and cults work, this is how they work.

i don't write this to minimize the damage being done. whether it's climate change, wealth redistribution, nationalism, the rise of theocracies, we're in a multi-faceted crisis in the world. we're in a 5-alarm fire. for sure! but there's a danger drawing lines between the problems and parties when no lines exist. "what is the danger," you might ask? as you are a military man let me give you one example: vietnam. for sure, the soviet union obviously sought to expand its list of satellites. but according to my reading the overarching motive of ho chi minh was simply the independence of his country following chinese and then french domination. american misread this, assuming a conspiracy where none existed, costing america in ways impossible to fully calculate. multiply this x all the similar episodes (iran, chile, british guyana, nicaragua). the iraq war post 9/11, your generation's war, again a casualty of belief in a conspiracy that did not exist. belief in manufactured conspiracies yields consequences. the far right's hillary fever dream breeds consequences.

for sure, there are strange and almost inexplicable alliances. you mention both orban and netanyahu, and it's facepalming how the latter can embrace with a wet sloppy kiss the former, who is the next thing to a nazi. what they share in common is that they are power-hungry strongmen nationalists. but since you watched CPAC you know that orban railed against george soros, describing soros' vast conspiracy network, and i'm pretty sure you rolled your eyes at that. but orban's descriptions of the vast conspiracy should feel at home to you.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

sorry, can't hang with you, bro. you've convinced clara, but i'm not there. yes, i see a lot of bad actors in the world. but to use clara's analogy of global warming, i don't need the farting cows to be in on it with the oil companies and the forest clear cutters. the fact that they're all contributing to climate change isn't a curious coincidence worth examining; it's the inevitable result of the state of the world…

It irritates me a little that you say I have been convinced. Of what? I’m not sure. Please don’t speak about my convictions, particularly since you haven’t bothered to speak directly to me about them.

For the record, I previously said and my position remains that I don’t know how big or vast the connections are to support the attacks on the rule of law. I know that even if the various attacks are completely separate and unrelated, it doesn’t hurt me to err on the side of caution and pay attention to them. And even if only a few people or groups have joined forces to undermine the rule of law, we need to care.
Last edited by: Clara Roberts: Aug 7, 22 18:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.politico.com/...cutor-trump-00050244

Tampering with voting machines in Michigan.

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

My conspiracy theory is that there’s a money laundering ring connected to the political and social elite is being run out of foreign intelligence and organized crime shops.

E

I understand this conspiracy theory. Thank you for a simple and direct statement. I also read the long form Paranoia on Parade in the Washington Spectator link. It helped immensely. I do take issue with the author and the story of the Conneticut candy guy being credited for Sugar Babies when everyone knows the Sugar Daddy aka the papa sucker preceded the Babies. (Smiley face). It still has some loose ends and holes and tenuous connections but it does present feasible explanations and the opportunity to ponder outside the box .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

sorry, can't hang with you, bro. you've convinced clara, but i'm not there. yes, i see a lot of bad actors in the world. but to use clara's analogy of global warming, i don't need the farting cows to be in on it with the oil companies and the forest clear cutters. the fact that they're all contributing to climate change isn't a curious coincidence worth examining; it's the inevitable result of the state of the world.

if you want to find the common thread that links climate change, nationalism and a lot of other ills, it's too many people on the earth + the technological means by which these people can inflict harm to each other and the planet. they don't need to be in cahoots. the fallacy in your belief structure is that facts don't matter to you. you've created your own epistemology that is evidence-proof. so, when you write about how cons and cults work, this is how they work.

i don't write this to minimize the damage being done. whether it's climate change, wealth redistribution, nationalism, the rise of theocracies, we're in a multi-faceted crisis in the world. we're in a 5-alarm fire. for sure! but there's a danger drawing lines between the problems and parties when no lines exist. "what is the danger," you might ask? as you are a military man let me give you one example: vietnam. for sure, the soviet union obviously sought to expand its list of satellites. but according to my reading the overarching motive of ho chi minh was simply the independence of his country following chinese and then french domination. american misread this, assuming a conspiracy where none existed, costing america in ways impossible to fully calculate. multiply this x all the similar episodes (iran, chile, british guyana, nicaragua). the iraq war post 9/11, your generation's war, again a casualty of belief in a conspiracy that did not exist. belief in manufactured conspiracies yields consequences. the far right's hillary fever dream breeds consequences.

for sure, there are strange and almost inexplicable alliances. you mention both orban and netanyahu, and it's facepalming how the latter can embrace with a wet sloppy kiss the former, who is the next thing to a nazi. what they share in common is that they are power-hungry strongmen nationalists. but since you watched CPAC you know that orban railed against george soros, describing soros' vast conspiracy network, and i'm pretty sure you rolled your eyes at that. but orban's descriptions of the vast conspiracy should feel at home to you.

I feel like you’re misrepresenting my argument, which is obviously about me and how I miscommunicate and not about you. That said you’ve reduced me to a conspiracy theorist.

Before I get to that I would say that we are witnessing *performative* vulgar Nazism, because that’s how propaganda works, and we’re witnessing *performative* support for vulgar Nazism, people who think they’re getting in early and getting over on honest people, because that’s how cons work.

This is my thesis: the real world is measurable, or can be made measurable indirectly, and the real world has consequences. The measurements of consequences and who talks to whom and when and why and the comparison between what people say and what they actually *do* is informative, and for the moment more informative than the orthodox narrative because of media incentive structures and disinformation.

This is important because if I am right we are in a fight against a *networked* phenomenon that is targeting our *institutional* weaknesses… institutional thinking is too slow and too susceptible to its history being written by the winners. Network oriented thinking overlayed onto PACER and WIN and NCIC and search warrant database outputs and investigative journalist initial reports (ie. source documents and first principles) is a strong leading indicator of what’s actually happening, and not CNN.

We, and CNN, can argue about what *happened* 1, 5, and 20 years from now, because it will be at least that long to sort out the data of the largest uncontrolled social and mass psychological experiment in history, and at least that long to sort out the corruption that’s happening. That’s the thesis… a slow motion coup hijacked by a mafia shakedown that is in turn experiencing a hostile financial takeover, all against the backdrop of the biggest mass social psychological experiment in history where everyone is atomized and converted into data and thus targetable and fungible and bendable.

So no, there’s not a conspiracy. There might be an entire economy though, a market if you will, where the invisible hand is both effectively assigning value to things and effectuating the supply of the things that people demand, as markets do, while market makers effectuate demand for things that are in supply, as market makers do.

This market of course has negative externalities and, in my opinion, it’s the negative externalities of this market that are indirectly measurable in “our” world and that are affecting us in a totally novel and insidious way because of the current moment that we are in because there has been a revolution in influence affairs, in information affairs. The negative externalities I claim to exist would be considered“human nature” in the real world and be ignored. But if real the negative externalities might predict future regulation and thus overly entrepreneurial market makers are doing a brisk business selling derivatives of their products while they can and we are being overwhelmed.

I’m saying that we lost our minds because of money.

I’m saying you can predict what products will hit bike shop shelves 5 years from now because of the nature of supply chains and corporate brand strategy and product design process.

I posit that this is nothing new, that what’s new is that for the first time (since the last time?) it’s bleeding over into the social construct that we call reality or narrative or shared history, because of technology, and as such I posited that the people participating in this market had come to like the way things were 2015 thru 2021 and were not going to want to go back to the old way willingly or lightly, ie. that geht would kick their feet and things were going to get weird.

Things are not getting as weird as I thought… I guess people are keeping their options open. Meanwhile the institutions are grinding into gear, slowly turning the ship around, etc. turning the entrepreneurs and market makers toward the service of our nation-state and stuffing the market back into the interstitial where it belongs, or maybe, one could hope, they’re trying to close the markets once and for all, playing for keeps as I call it.

All that to say the nexus of tech and information and capital and surveillance and data and foreign interests and organized crime is an interesting place right now, and that the domestic wings of these silos need to be pressed into the service of the national interest, as they have been in the period of relative peace 1945-2020.

Crazy Weird Prediction: the Trump search warrant goes back to Tom Barrack, MBZ and MBS. And maybe Kushner.

E

Quote Reply
Re: Things Are About to Get Crazy Weird [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

E

I understand this conspiracy theory. Thank you for a simple and direct statement. I also read the long form Paranoia on Parade in the Washington Spectator link. It helped immensely. I do take issue with the author and the story of the Conneticut candy guy being credited for Sugar Babies when everyone knows the Sugar Daddy aka the papa sucker preceded the Babies. (Smiley face). It still has some loose ends and holes and tenuous connections but it does present feasible explanations and the opportunity to ponder outside the box .

Glad you read the article. A simple “anti-democracy” model is much simpler than some of the other “politics as usual” models, which ironically sort of fulfills the prophecy that America was always the bastion of freedom and representative democracy, which I always thought was a noble lie or origin story myth but it might in fact turn out to be true.

If you found loose ends or holes or tenuous connections in the history article you can always follow any one of the 200 footnotes and read more about whatever you’re interested in.

My BIG takeaway from the article is that networks, like DNA or memes, persist over time and self-propagate (selection), and networks, like other systems or organisms, need more and greater access to the flow (constructal theory) in order to continue to exist, and that networks without institutions would devolve toward chaos (entropy).

I guess that’s a very Eric way of saying that democracy is fragile and takes all of our participation to maintain.

What I don’t understand is does it appear that the movement is gaining steam or growing geometrically because that is actually what is happening or is it being made to *seem* that way because that’s actually how one gets something to happen.

Like, pivoting off the Woodstock ‘99 thread, the band who became central to the false theory of what caused the disaster was Limp Bizkit, whose popularity was largely based on an aggressive payola scheme by their record label, IOW it’s a story based on a double falsehood. This speaks to Dan’s rightful questioning of me and my thoughts on if people really believe the playbook, if there is one, or are they only co-opting it and pretending. Either way, why does it work?

Another pivot off of the Woodstock thread is if you follow the article at all, it bypasses the need for the American brand of nostalgia for whenever… the 60s, WWII, Nixon, Kennedy, Reagan, what have you. The 50s were never as good as remember and the Woodstock ‘99 people were trying to sell the 60s because they were rank capitalists, not because of peace and love. The article walks you past those inflection points and keeps you focused on where the threads start and where they actually went, not where we remember them going or are nostalgic for them to go.

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have we crossed the official threshold for Crazy Weird yet?
Quote Reply
Re: Things Are About to Get Crazy Weird [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:
Have we crossed the official threshold for Crazy Weird yet?

It might be that crazy weird turns into “perp walk summer”… I underestimated the establishment and overestimated the criminals.

That said, Pompeo and Trump and Flynn are trying to brew some new crazy with the New Apolistic Reformation… an even whackier Evangelical church to Trump’s “guy who will get us our policies” role.

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Great One Prince with some wisdom in 1999:

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
The Great One Prince with some wisdom in 1999:

E

Wise David Bowie:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More of this please. Twitter employee convicted of spying for KSA:

https://www.wsj.com/...i-arabia-11660076924

KSA, UAE, China, Israel… which tech firms and tech VC guys are infested?

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pompeo and Mastriano both don’t answer J6C questions and both are New Apolistic Reform (NAR) religious extremists:

https://www.nytimes.com/...rump-fbi-search-news

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
I feel like you’re misrepresenting my argument, which is obviously about me and how I miscommunicate and not about you. That said you’ve reduced me to a conspiracy theorist.

i wouldn't say i've reduced you to a conspiracy theorist. i'd say that you rightly, sagely bring to light actions, behaviors, trends that need to be exposed. but then - and look at your posts of this morning, just above mine - you have a way of presenting them as linked. for example, you linked 3 things a couple of days ago (presented 3 ideas in tandem, as "evidence"), one of which was the protocols of the elders of zion, conflating the 3 ideas in that post, as if certain current abhorrent figures (as bad as they are) are taking their cues from a virulent antisemitic forgery.

your style is to present multiple examples of scary stuff and my takeaway is that you're saying, "see! more examples of how peter thiel and viktor orban have been working together on a plan to take down all governments worldwide by devaluing national currencies!"

but then you say there's no conspiracy, even as you routinely write as if there is one. maybe what you mean to write is that there is no conspiracy, there is just a zeitgeist. and that's clearly true. nationalism, nativism, appears and recedes and reappears, generationally, because of the brain stem mistrust of those who could possibly threaten the tribe.

if that's what you're saying, fine, but what you write has the feel to me of a vast connected conspiracy with note-taking, and meetings minutes read, and a code book, and an org chart, and a mission statement, if we only knew where to look. you largely know or highly suspect who and what is on the org chart, and you are providing us the clues on which we could follow up if we only have the eyes to see.

i'm happy to hear about how i'm the only one, or one of a very few, who interprets what you write in this way.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Aug 10, 22 7:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Pompeo and Mastriano both don’t answer J6C questions and both are New Apolistic Reform (NAR) religious extremists:

E

Why/how is the second statement (NAR) related to the first (J6C)?
Quote Reply
Re: Things Are About to Get Crazy Weird [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HandHeartCrown wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

E

Why/how is the second statement (NAR) related to the first (J6C)?

It takes a village to effectuate a coup or bootstrap a movement.

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently declared or categorized Elon Musk as a chaos muppet… did I predict this chaos muppetry?

https://time.com/...billionaire-visions/

Or is this tinfoil?

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

i wouldn't say i've reduced you to a conspiracy theorist. i'd say that you rightly, sagely bring to light actions, behaviors, trends that need to be exposed. but then - and look at your posts of this morning, just above mine - you have a way of presenting them as linked. for example, you linked 3 things a couple of days ago (presented 3 ideas in tandem, as "evidence"), one of which was the protocols of the elders of zion, conflating the 3 ideas in that post, as if certain current abhorrent figures (as bad as they are) are taking their cues from a virulent antisemitic forgery.

your style is to present multiple examples of scary stuff and my takeaway is that you're saying, "see! more examples of how peter thiel and viktor orban have been working together on a plan to take down all governments worldwide by devaluing national currencies!"

but then you say there's no conspiracy, even as you routinely write as if there is one. maybe what you mean to write is that there is no conspiracy, there is just a zeitgeist. and that's clearly true. nationalism, nativism, appears and recedes and reappears, generationally, because of the brain stem mistrust of those who could possibly threaten the tribe.

if that's what you're saying, fine, but what you write has the feel to me of a vast connected conspiracy with note-taking, and meetings minutes read, and a code book, and an org chart, and a mission statement, if we only knew where to look. you largely know or highly suspect who and what is on the org chart, and you are providing us the clues on which we could follow up if we only have the eyes to see.

i'm happy to hear about how i'm the only one, or one of a very few, who interprets what you write in this way.

I find your analysis spot on. and Eric does walk the line of trying to tie stuff together that by conventional wisdom is missing a few events to meet the no shit planned conspiracy.

Yet, there are coincidental events that find relations without "official" tie ins . There are people and orgs that feed off each but do not coordinate. There is a history to national movements that see ebbs and flows as the adherents die off and are replaced under different names.

We are assailed with a flood of disinformation that has been weaponized. The us v them tribe alignment within our own boundaries shows how fragile our democracy truly is. I am willing to give Eric the benefit of the doubt and try real hard to sort through his wrestling metaphors, his muckraker sourced not quite MSM links to find his not quite old school defined conspiracy ties in an effort to either call BS or find the hooks that bind and then assign a threat priority.

He does make it hard to stay tuned in at times. But then I am retired and following his posts has become a hobby.

I applaud his effort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Slowman wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

I find your analysis spot on. and Eric does walk the line of trying to tie stuff together that by conventional wisdom is missing a few events to meet the no shit planned conspiracy.

Yet, there are coincidental events that find relations without "official" tie ins . There are people and orgs that feed off each but do not coordinate. There is a history to national movements that see ebbs and flows as the adherents die off and are replaced under different names.

We are assailed with a flood of disinformation that has been weaponized. The us v them tribe alignment within our own boundaries shows how fragile our democracy truly is. I am willing to give Eric the benefit of the doubt and try real hard to sort through his wrestling metaphors, his muckraker sourced not quite MSM links to find his not quite old school defined conspiracy ties in an effort to either call BS or find the hooks that bind and then assign a threat priority.

He does make it hard to stay tuned in at times. But then I am retired and following his posts has become a hobby.

I applaud his effort.

When you say “MSM” I hear 3-6 months in the past, maybe a year, like time travel. Except it’s narrative time, not actual time.

Or, when you say “MSM” I’m also beginning to hear MLM, which is to say incentive structures both have a big effect on the product or output and also effect the language used by the consumers and vendors. I haven’t fully grasped the concepts behind this because the impacts are wide ranging, but for now “MLM” encapsulates it.

E

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MLM is what? main ?L--------? media

Just so we are not talking past each other my MSM is mainstream media

Also narrative time ??

incentive structures? WaPo print newspaper is incentivised how? Their intended product is? I think I get FOX, CNN and MSNBC and how they are incentivised. Care to elaborate further on rueters (or was it AP?) and their Russian incentives?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
MLM is what? main ?L--------? media

Just so we are not talking past each other my MSM is mainstream media

Also narrative time ??

incentive structures? WaPo print newspaper is incentivised how? Their intended product is? I think I get FOX, CNN and MSNBC and how they are incentivised. Care to elaborate further on rueters (or was it AP?) and their Russian incentives?

I’m claiming to have a Time Machine, that travels thru actual time, whereas the MSM is producing narrative, not historical record. I travel 6 months into the future, see artifacts and then come back and wait for them to be threaded somehow into the narrative or what we all agree to agree on or whatever you want to call it. I don’t actually have a Time Machine, I’m talking researchers and investigative journalists and beat journalists.

MLM is multi level marketing. The incentive structures of MSM and MLM affect what they output which affects what they input, ie. people, us. I’m talking about the concept of audience capture and the money making incentive vs. an investigative or reality based incentive affecting what and how the media report. I think the formula is fear and anxiety and cortisol and dopamine. I’m also saying that the MSM is owned by oligarchs who are some of the primary wrestlers in my pro wrestling ring that I rant about. Until we have a truly adversarial system that incentivizes reporting, especially reporting on other reporter’s and paper’s cheating, I’ll take caution. I don’t see the outputs of the healthcare profession eg. and the media profession as equally orthodox.

For example Maggie Haberman… she seemingly has great access to Trump, launders opinions and information for him and his circle in the NYT and on Twitter, and her mom worked for a firm that worked for Fred and then Donald Trump.

This is a riff on Manufactured Consent, and a hat tip to Twitter, which for awhile was the paper of record. It’s becoming more and more filled with “interesting” content that seems suspect.

All that to say, gossip is important but can be dangerous.

E

Quote Reply

Prev Next