Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lets hear your best story from the week [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I made a custom cutting board for one of the secretaries at the office. She asked me how much money I wanted for it and I asked for ten just to cover materials. She insisted on giving me 40 and told me to go to the beer store.

More importantly daughter graduated from university. Went to ceremony. Afterwards went to lab where she did her fourth year project and met her professor and the grad student for whom she is also working this summer. They are doing something with HIV proteins. Professor and grad student said she was best fourth year student they ever had. That was nice. Met parents of her best friend of the last year. Her best friend is going to Stanford to do PhD. Best friend is basically a research superstar having done research since senior year in highschool. She was inspired by surviving cancer as a teenager.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Lets hear your best story from the week [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just farted in your general direction.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Lets hear your best story from the week [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Judging by the angle of the sun and time of day, you actually did you sonofabitch.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adopted 3 kittens from the shelter where I volunteer.

Haven’t had a good nights sleep since.
Last edited by: davec: Jun 18, 22 11:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My mom and dad came down to the lake with us this weekend. Got a couple of glasses of wine in mom at dinner and ended up talking and listening to old stories about the family until 2:00 am. Oral history and what not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A while ago I discovered a group of cyclists in my area. Due to this and that, I wasn’t able to ride with them until today. I get really nervous before group rides (like almost race nerves). I worry about people wrecking into me. That’s my primary concern. Anyhoozle, I rode with the group. They were nice and rode well. Chatty.

I’m home. Kids are okay. I ate a delicious fried egg sandwich & now it’s time to chill out. I’m pretty sure I can talk my kids into swimming or badminton later. What a life! Best day ever!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Judging by the angle of the sun and time of day, you actually did you sonofabitch.

I aimed roughly in your direction.

Whore.

My son and that girl were collateral damage.

Quote Reply
Re: Lets hear your best story from the week [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Adopted 3 kittens from the shelter where I volunteer.

Photos?
I foster kittens during the academic year. I love cats!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I checked my location on google maps to make sure I was facing Moosefucker, Ontario before I took this.

Suck it, BLeP!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dunno, looks to me like you are aiming it at Quebec.

Suck it, Snoots!!!

Quote Reply
Re: Lets hear your best story from the week [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
SWEDE63 wrote:
On top of the bumper sticker today I did have another item which is nice.

Two months ago we (Wife and I)moved back home(Kansas) from Dallas. We were looking to hire another person for our executive team and yesterday my assistant from Dallas confirmed she will move here with her daughter. And before anyone says anything, no there is nothing between us other than me trying to help her learn and grow in the business. Plus the schools here will be much better than down in Texas for her daughter.

It makes me feel good as a boss that someone would move a couple states over to work together again. Also makes me a bit apprehensive as Dallas is the only area she knows as she is native to Romania.

I may be way off. But isn’t this the woman you thought highly of, hoped to talk out of joining the military?

If so, that is a nice update!

That's what I thought too. Hope so!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got my EP up and running for the summer/fall season! I fill it with well water and then run a sample down to a pool store that tells me what chemicals to put in it---after that it's just a glurg [that's a technical term] of cholorine each week. Easy Peezy Lemon Squeezy!

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Lets hear your best story from the week [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
those tiles! very very nice
Quote Reply
Re: Lets hear your best story from the week [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's just the pool liner style we chose from the good folks at EP

but thanks!

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back when our EP was just a baby

The winter of our discontent

It does me happy tho each spring to fill the pool and get it warm enough to swim. Between my EP and my C2 rower (also out in the pool house) i can row & swim and not go anywhere! Ha!

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Annual cross country trip to Denver. Solo this time as my wife was off in Kona attending a swim camp. She would join me in Denver. I was a basket case laying up the house for our 6 week depart worrying did I forget, did I do it right? Eventually all is done ( I think) and I depart. I have a phone, I can do google map routing, I have a car with one of those computer tablets on the dash, my son in law downloaded some podcasts for me. Good to go right? Good God, no. I missed my navigator and teammate. Each day was a new revelation on how to blue tooth. By the last day I was able to simultaneously: speak/ transcribe a whats app message response, listen to a podcast and fast forward the 4 minute commercials, watch my blue dot travel across the map and listen to the lady tell me when to turn and when a speed trap was set ahead. Whoa!

My sister's husband up and left her recently after 52 years --their feelings about our political divide factored prominently. So I spent a couple days with her, just the two of us and her dogs, going back with stories of our childhood. It was therapy for us both. I left her on the day of the first 1/6 hearing thinking she would be in a good place cuddled up with a bowl of popcorn and her dogs in front of the TV.

Impressions from the road: Corn this time of year was just 9 inches in height, more and more wind farms are seen each year, Trump signs will simply not go away, cattle are still grazing and then penned up in feed lots by the road waiting for slaughter and market, coal is still coming out of the ground and loaded into train cars, hitch hiking is no more, people in the middle of the country are still a friendly lot, US 30 is still a lot more interesting road than I 80, help wanted signs dominate and tent camping in a soaking rain still ain't fun.

Impressions in Denver: Why do people here complain about the heat? It's a dry heat. Quit your bitching.
Quote Reply
Re: Lets hear your best story from the week [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love traveling/adventuring out on my moto.

but

I've found that time after time i am thinking to myself----I wish Valerie were here to share this with me

as a result we've nearly retraced every moto trip i've done in the wife's Subie together so she can see the cool things i've stumbled across. Obviously not the off road stuff. Boy Howdy Darby MT. If i ever won the lottery i'd buy property in that beautiful valley somewhere.

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The track faces North. Can’t really turn to the crowd and give you the finger. Just know that I am thinking it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never a moto guy, but the sharing does make for better stories afterwards as recollections are sorted for the best version.

Darby looks isolated enough along the river valley snuggled into the foot of the Bitterroots. My son in law was born and raised in a similar little burg of Encampment, WY. He and my daughter may just end up there in 16 years when they get to be empty nesters.
Quote Reply
Re: Lets hear your best story from the week [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anyone who has done the CDT---walking, biking or motorcycling

will recognize Encampment, WY. What a great place.

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whilst you’re still dead to me… this did make me chuckle.

Quote Reply
Re: Lets hear your best story from the week [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed it is the same young lady. Very bright young lady that has an outstanding future in front of her and hopefully we can help her to have her own business in the next 3-5 years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw the most intensely bright and beautiful double rainbow last night while driving north and naturally I thought of you.

Quote Reply

Prev Next