Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

culprit csr+ ask me anything
Quote | Reply

Granted I have the only sets right now. I will send to Dan and others in 4 weeks when the adapter plates arrive for dual stack aerobars

sample foam from ceegees was just cut and I will have it next week or later. awaiting new attachment hardware so will update on that,later.

What is unique abou Culprit CSR+ is as follows.

2 patents pending

design features

1. adjustable arm cup width from 90 mm to 125mm. adjustable to the mm but pre cut foam for 5mm

2. interchangeable arm cup heights.
60mm side but 54mm from bottom where foam is layed or 44.5mm version with 38.5mm real inside height.

12mm foam is the plan. will test with ceegees current 10mm foam

3. LOOK patent is for sliding inside an aero profile, so to get your perfect fit on CSR+ you can cut the arm pad base.

original length from the back of the pad to where we the hand grip insert goes is 345mm . so you can cut to your exact length using an aero seatpost cutting guide.

4. Hand grip has a slight wrist relief that also takes your straight cut and shapes it to the 22.2 hand grip.

the hand grip can be angled infinitely inward or outward then tighten the bolt to secure it at that angle.

the hand grip is very long and must be cut to your needs. But it is from 0 degrees and can be adjusted by 12 degree increments(will confirm for sure later) giving you many hand grip positions and angles to try til your satisfied and comfy.

cable routing.

Mechanical and old 2 shifter di2 runs outside hand grip then enters at the wrist relief into the bar. newer di2 and etap internal, exit before the hinge then back inside at the wrist relief.

di2 3 port and etap will have a plate to fit it under the foam.

cable exits 2 options. out the inside at the middle of bolt pattern area or out the back.

huge bolt pattern to really give alot of adjust.

however, fit needs came at a weight penalty.

weights not final since no foam and most riders will cut shorter but roughly 410~430 g per side uncut without foam. working on small changes to cut weight.

the base is carbon. side cups will be composite injection molded in production but 3d prints for testing. I just changed to cut shapes. 3d printing now so 1 pic shows higher and lower side I will upload pics soon of 1 side when done. Poics with both sides the same are with thr new cup both sides being the lower option.

Ask away

Last edited by: culpritbicycles: Nov 26, 21 6:40
Quote Reply
Re: culprit csr+ ask me anything [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is super cool I have to say. What is the range of width between cups? (is there a technical term for that) And is that adjusted with the slider?

Can it be mounted to rounded bars as in without a flat mounting surface?

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: culprit csr+ ask me anything [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
90mm to 125mm minus foam of 24mm 12mm per side.

yes adjusted via the sliding track

We have a 31.8 clamp attachment option
Last edited by: culpritbicycles: Nov 26, 21 8:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty cool. Well done. Would this work on trek SC gen 2? It looks like you have it set up for road handlebar attachment. That's a cool option if you go aero road bike and want to do Tri once in awhile.

Can you angle the spacers higher and lower. 10-15 degrees?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Joshua,

Very nice, job well done!

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: culprit csr+ ask me anything [tri@thlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 3d render and what Inwm riding is my me stem with the aerobar attached as a monopost built into the bar bore cam,p.

I have a base bar design just haven’t opened molds yet.

My attachment hardware has adjustable tilt with -10 degrees to + 24 degrees

I have the following clamps done or being made.
31,8 clamp
15-40 mm spacing dual post riser adapter
Stem and bare bore attachment

I am going to make

Trek adapter
Cervelo Px adapter
Giant/liv adapter

If there are other needs I can design and make but might cost more due to low volume cnc.
Last edited by: culpritbicycles: Nov 26, 21 17:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will there be a version with a closed back to allow for easier mantis positioning?
Quote Reply
Re: culprit csr+ ask me anything [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, but due to the design nature, once you were to confirm your cup width and side heights it could be designed and 3d printed in strong materials since the carbon base does most of the work.

Then it’s a matter of getting some foam made.

So yes, for a price It can be done, still cheaper than custom but not something we will offer in production
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's the link to my 24 hour Cyber Monday Csr+ pre-sale at 500 usd

https://culpritbicycles.com/products/culprit-csr-aerobars

intro video can be watched here

https://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSUTsbRDxC0
Last edited by: culpritbicycles: May 3, 22 19:25
Quote Reply
Re: culprit csr+ ask me anything [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
for all those interested, i've got a writeup of these on the front page.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome write up on the front page! these looks great!

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: culprit csr+ ask me anything [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree, lots of great thinking and practical design have gone into these. I hope it’s rewarded by good pre-sales.
Quote Reply
Re: culprit csr+ ask me anything [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the great review.

To address the attachment methods.

I have Cervelo Px adapters designed, just haven't sent out for production yet. design done, 3d prints confirmed fit.

Other brands, will look into making adapters once orders come in

31.8 I will make a BIG change to the design once I get orders for it. The main goal is to make adjustment easier to change stack. Rather than changing angles, position with the standard method of bolt from the bottom only. Changing bolts required resetting the postion on the base bar. My design eliminates that step and the base bar attachment is constant but you change from the top. I will modify it the following
for no spacers and 5 mm, still bolt from top and bolt from bottom but the bolts will be clearly marked. For more stack than that. The design will be modified to fit a bolt brake style nut. Which will bolt from the top. This will reduce the amount of bolts required for stack increases. I will include only 3 different length bolts which thread from the bottom and extends above the 31.8 clamp. Then I will offer different length nuts to thread over that. Thus reducing the previous 5 mm increment bolts to many many less. This can also allow for faster stack adjustments by just adding a spacer and retightening if within that bolt/nut range.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just placed a pre-order for 2 sets. One for me and one for the wife. Love the idea of full adjustability; something I have struggled with for years despite numerous fits... just feels like each solution on the market has some benefits, but it's always some kind of compromise (either aero or comfortable, just ever so slightly too short or long, too narrow or too wide..).

Looking forward to trying these out!!!

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Re: culprit csr+ ask me anything [audiojan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your pre order commitment.

once we get closer to 50 sets production will begin. I hope that I can place the order this month or next. Awaiting marketing videos to be made before making a bigger push.

Thanks

Joshua
Quote Reply