Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Now as for cutting 20% how do they do that. And I was trying to figure out when listening to that meeting who was saying that there's going to be a lot of unhappy people I'm assuming that was the race director in regards to how they're going to chop 20% off. And does that 20% already take into account people from Canada who won't be able to cross the border???

it would seem to me that the race field would sort of self-seed, esp if proof of vaccination was required. in our own poll, more than 20 percent said they are not in favor of a vaccine passport. so, you may have close to or more than 20 percent defer to another race.

Also almost no Canadians would be fully vaccinated by the IMLP date and our border will be shut for vehicular crossing. So the only way will be to fly to a US airport and then rent a car and fly back and 2 week quarantine, but you still won't be able to race IMLP on single dose. So almost no Canadians will be able to attend

My second dose is scheduled for the day after the race.
There was talk of possibly being able to get it a bit early. I was hoping to be able to grab a cancellation to get it done early.
Right now, I can't even leave my province. This is so frustrating. Not only do I have to worry about if the race will go ahead, but whether I will be able to leave my province and cross the border. I could possibly swing a 2 week quarantine upon return, but my husband wouldn't.
I signed up to race with a friend, which is the only reason I haven't yet deferred.
I'm also wondering if transferring to IMMT would be a possibility if the race doesn't go/border doesn't open. Unfortunately my friend racing is American so that won't work for us racing together.

I was very optimistic with the vaccine and the numbers we have had here in my province. Until a few weeks ago. Now we are in the worst situation since the beginning of the outbreak.
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Update on my deferral. It took less than 2 hours to get a response.

Thank you for reaching out, and we are sorry to hear that you are unable to attend 2021 IRONMAN Lake Placid. Within the guidelines of our internal COVID-19 protocols, we can accommodate a request for a deferral to 2022 IRONMAN Lake Placid, but we are unable to offer withdrawal options beyond this. Below is what will happen:
Your entry for the 2021 race will be canceled without a refund
The entirety of your 2021 entry fee will be applied to your 2022 registration
We will send you a registration link next year for the 2022 race whenever online registration opens
Any additional purchases (i.e. FinisherPix, merchandise, the Event Registration Protection, USAT) will not defer over to 2022
Should you be unable to compete in your 2022, you will not be eligible for any additional accommodations (i.e. refunds, transfers, deferrals)
If you understand the above, please click here to complete the deferral by June 11, 2021. Please note, if you select a different 2021 event than 2021 IRONMAN Lake Placid, your deferral request will be cancelled, and you will need to resubmit your request. Please let me know if you have any issues with the link. Once you complete the above link, you are all set! Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:

Thank you for reaching out, and we are sorry to hear that you are unable to attend 2021 IRONMAN Lake Placid. Within the guidelines of our internal COVID-19 protocols, we can accommodate a request for a deferral to 2022 IRONMAN Lake Placid, but we are unable to offer withdrawal options beyond this. Below is what will happen:
We will send you a registration link next year for the 2022 race whenever online registration opens
Any additional purchases (i.e. FinisherPix, merchandise, the Event Registration Protection, USAT) will not defer over to 2022
Should you be unable to compete in your 2022, you will not be eligible for any additional accommodations (i.e. refunds, transfers, deferrals)
If you understand the above, please click here to complete the deferral by June 11, 2021. Please note, if you select a different 2021 event than 2021 IRONMAN Lake Placid, your deferral request will be cancelled, and you will need to resubmit your request. Please let me know if you have any issues with the link. Once you complete the above link, you are all set! Thank you!

I guess I'll go send a similar email now. I just hope they don't give me shit about it because technically this was already a deferral from St George 2020.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:
LifeTri wrote:

I guess I'll go send a similar email now. I just hope they don't give me shit about it because technically this was already a deferral from St George 2020.

Mine was a deferral from LP 2020...and a free entry at that. They just state this is the last time. No more!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn't today the day of the town council meeting where we're expecting/hoping a decision is made regarding the race?

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully. There appears to be a meeting at 5pm.
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [sonadortris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sonadortris wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Now as for cutting 20% how do they do that. And I was trying to figure out when listening to that meeting who was saying that there's going to be a lot of unhappy people I'm assuming that was the race director in regards to how they're going to chop 20% off. And does that 20% already take into account people from Canada who won't be able to cross the border???

it would seem to me that the race field would sort of self-seed, esp if proof of vaccination was required. in our own poll, more than 20 percent said they are not in favor of a vaccine passport. so, you may have close to or more than 20 percent defer to another race.

Also almost no Canadians would be fully vaccinated by the IMLP date and our border will be shut for vehicular crossing. So the only way will be to fly to a US airport and then rent a car and fly back and 2 week quarantine, but you still won't be able to race IMLP on single dose. So almost no Canadians will be able to attend

My second dose is scheduled for the day after the race.
There was talk of possibly being able to get it a bit early. I was hoping to be able to grab a cancellation to get it done early.
Right now, I can't even leave my province. This is so frustrating. Not only do I have to worry about if the race will go ahead, but whether I will be able to leave my province and cross the border. I could possibly swing a 2 week quarantine upon return, but my husband wouldn't.
I signed up to race with a friend, which is the only reason I haven't yet deferred.
I'm also wondering if transferring to IMMT would be a possibility if the race doesn't go/border doesn't open. Unfortunately my friend racing is American so that won't work for us racing together.

I was very optimistic with the vaccine and the numbers we have had here in my province. Until a few weeks ago. Now we are in the worst situation since the beginning of the outbreak.

Can't leave my province (NS) either and no real end in sight of that. Re IMMT, keep in mind that race most likely won't happen this year either. Quebec, Ontario, and basically all of Canada have been pretty vocal about how there will be no large events this Summer, and that what we can hope for by mid-late Summer is to have family picnics, etc., and by Fall, maybe small social gatherings. That is literally what they have said. Thats a far cry from an Ironman.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
Isn't today the day of the town council meeting where we're expecting/hoping a decision is made regarding the race?

it is, but I have some health concerns and a lack of fitness that concern me when I considering doing a full iron. Its going to be 70.3 focus for me this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's on!.... I'm shocked as s*** but it's on
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:

How do you know?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was notified on Saturday by the mayor I'm sure they'll be an article on the front page with the rest of the details later this afternoon or tomorrow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
I was notified on Saturday by the mayor I'm sure they'll be an article on the front page with the rest of the details later this afternoon or tomorrow

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sonadortris wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

How do you know?

It was discussed at length on the Board Meeting that just concluded. The Village required 2 things from IM 1) 20% reduction and 2) vaccine requirements for athletes, volunteers. Also spectators (I believe, some parts was hard to listen) in designated IM areas.

No one is allowed on the beach expect athletes. Athletes line up on Mirror Lake Drive

No change tents, no body marking, no wet suit peelers, etc. Pretty much self service

Reductions in volunteers and aid stations. Finish line (not discussed where) area @ 50% capacity
Last edited by: SayHey Kid: May 17, 21 15:08
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
“The North Elba Town Board North Elba, New York approved the 2021 IRONMAN Lake Placid triathlon and Summit Lacrosse events following in-depth written and oral presentations from Summit Lacrosse and IRONMAN representatives, which included assurances of a reduction of athletes by 20% and that eligible athletes, coaches, officials, vendors, staff, volunteers and spectators in designated event areas will be required to provide proof of vaccination,” said Jay Rand, Town of North Elba Supervisor. “We thank the organizers for exceptional efforts to conduct these events with the highest degree of safety, and we wish safe and successful events to both IRONMAN and Lacrosse organizations.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SayHey Kid wrote:
sonadortris wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

How do you know?

It was discussed at length on the Board Meeting that just concluded. The Village required 2 things from IM 1) 20% reduction and 2) vaccine requirements for athletes, volunteers. Also spectators (I believe, some parts was hard to listen) in designated IM areas.

No one is allowed on the beach expect athletes. Athletes line up on Mirror Lake Drive

No change tents, no body marking, no wet suit peelers, etc. Pretty much self service

Reductions in volunteers and aid stations. Finish line (not discussed where) area @ 50% capacity

My understanding was that meeting was at 5pm. When I asked it wasn’t yet 5pm in LP which was why I asked.
Last edited by: sonadortris: May 17, 21 15:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SayHey Kid wrote:
“The North Elba Town Board North Elba, New York approved the 2021 IRONMAN Lake Placid triathlon and Summit Lacrosse events following in-depth written and oral presentations from Summit Lacrosse and IRONMAN representatives, which included assurances of a reduction of athletes by 20% and that eligible athletes, coaches, officials, vendors, staff, volunteers and spectators in designated event areas will be required to provide proof of vaccination,” said Jay Rand, Town of North Elba Supervisor. “We thank the organizers for exceptional efforts to conduct these events with the highest degree of safety, and we wish safe and successful events to both IRONMAN and Lacrosse organizations.”

Many thanks to all involved on both the side of the town and Ironman. Best of luck to all athletes competing!!!

Great news!!!
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm glad to hear it's a "go". That said, I just pulled plug and punted to next year. You guys all have fun. I'll be cheering from the pub.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:
I'm glad to hear it's a "go". That said, I just pulled plug and punted to next year. You guys all have fun. I'll be cheering from the pub.

I may still want that couch so I can go to the Pub as well, lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
better get your ass training!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
g_lev wrote:

I may still want that couch so I can go to the Pub as well, lol.

Like I said, talk to my wife. Lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So transition at Northwoods school, but do we know if swim in/out is also from that end of the lake? It would have to be, no? My Hampton Inn reservation is much less convenient now. Oh well, just happy to race.
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [mkb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman just emailed. They're on board. Offering deferral to 2022 IMLP (extending deadline to up to 1 week before race day) or deferral to 2021 Chattanooga or Maryland on a limited basis. Otherwise- GAME ON!
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [mkb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [Floating Debris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm glad it's going to happen!

And I am glad I am bumped to 2022.

I'll be cheering from the pub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to stuff I see elsewhere (FB) the decision to require vaccinations was not made by the village, but was an agreement between ROOST (the tourism bureau for the Adirondack region, which is the entity that pays Ironman to have the race) and Ironman.
Quote Reply

Prev Next