Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After doing my morning check-in with Fox News, I now understand this is just a PR move by the CDC to distract people from a White House in crisis. I wish I was kidding, that is actually the top headline on their web site right now.
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
After doing my morning check-in with Fox News, I now understand this is just a PR move by the CDC to distract people from a White House in crisis. I wish I was kidding, that is actually the top headline on their web site right now.

White House in crisis? Did Major nip another USSS agent?
Last edited by: chriskal: May 14, 21 5:03
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
velocomp wrote:
I have gotten my 2 shots and am 3 weeks post second shot. I will continue to wear my mask until I feel that more people have gotten the shot. I also will continue to avoid people until my daughter is fully vaccinated (first shot now Saturday, previously appt. for Tuesday). I've gone this long being safe, why fuck that up????

I feel sorry for you, living in such fear.

There is just so much stupid in this statement. A person looks out for his family and actually cares what is going on around him but is just living in fear. I guess not giving a fuck about anyone other than yourself works for you.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
velocomp wrote:
I have gotten my 2 shots and am 3 weeks post second shot. I will continue to wear my mask until I feel that more people have gotten the shot. I also will continue to avoid people until my daughter is fully vaccinated (first shot now Saturday, previously appt. for Tuesday). I've gone this long being safe, why fuck that up????

I don't see how velocomp is "living in fear". He is being thoughtful and considerate of his family and friends. It is a tiny burden.
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:
velocomp wrote:

I know right, all those people wearing seatbelts, living in fear.

Seatbelts protect you, not the guy you crash into.

Isn’t that the same as a mask? Everyone says wearing a mask is about saving the other guy. So, I don’t quite get this argument that is used so often.

Besides that, it took years after seat belt laws were put in place for everyone to comply. That’s the real issue. Masks are more widely accepted now by people than a year ago. As time moves on, it will be even more accepted.

That’s my fear. I don’t want to live in mask world. For this reason, I’m glad the CDC released this update. Maybe a month to early though.
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:

That’s my fear. I don’t want to live in mask world.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everybody join the Trumpers and take your masks off now...jajajaa1!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:
velocomp wrote:

Isn’t that the same as a mask? Everyone says wearing a mask is about saving the other guy. So, I don’t quite get this argument that is used so often.

Besides that, it took years after seat belt laws were put in place for everyone to comply. That’s the real issue. Masks are more widely accepted now by people than a year ago. As time moves on, it will be even more accepted.

That’s my fear. I don’t want to live in mask world. For this reason, I’m glad the CDC released this update. Maybe a month to early though.

Some people are saying this, but not everyone is not saying this. It works both ways, it is not 100% effective in either direction. Health care workers in a COVID units aren't trying to protect people with COVID from getting more COVID.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:
velocomp wrote:

Then are you going to get vaccinated so you can take advantage of the new guidance?
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:
velocomp wrote:

I don't see how velocomp is "living in fear". He is being thoughtful and considerate of his family and friends. It is a tiny burden.

I would hardly call it fear. I don't wear a mask when riding. I don't wear it around the house. What is wrong with wearing it in crowded public places. What is wrong seeing what happens (spikes, etc.). Wearing a mask is really the simplest thing we have done during this pandemic. I don't like it, but it is easy. Also, I have a large team I manage in India. I've seen how it is impacting everyone there. I've had employees lose family members. I have several with family currently hospitalized. This disease is not to be taken lightly. So I won't. When I feel like we are ready to open up fully, I will do so.
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:
velocomp wrote:

There is just so much stupid in this statement. A person looks out for his family and actually cares what is going on around him but is just living in fear. I guess not giving a fuck about anyone other than yourself works for you.

All along, everyone has been saying "oh you have to follow the CDC guidance." Except now the CDC guidance says you don't have to wear it if you're vaccinated. And yet a bunch of you are saying you're going to continue to wear one anyway. And his actual words were that he's going to continue wearing one until he "feels that more people have gotten the shot". So he's going on feelings instead of CDC guidance.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:
velocomp wrote:

All along, everyone has been saying "oh you have to follow the CDC guidance." Except now the CDC guidance says you don't have to wear it if you're vaccinated. And yet a bunch of you are saying you're going to continue to wear one anyway. And his actual words were that he's going to continue wearing one until he "feels that more people have gotten the shot". So he's going on feelings instead of CDC guidance.

Maybe it's because we can't really trust the anti-mask crowd to follow the CDC guidance. Do you honestly think that a large percentage of those that have been bitching about masks for a year will keep wearing them if they haven't gotten the shot? It's why I asked the question above about non-vacc people wearing a mask. Of course none of them bothered to answer it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:
velocomp wrote:

I have been a big advocate of following CDC guidance through this whole thing. And I appreciate the confirmation that I, as a fully vaccinated person, am protected from this virus, and also unable to somehow transmit it. Therefore when permitted by the local establishments and ordinances, I will feel comfortable going maskless. However I am currently sitting at work with my mask on because my company has yet to change their policy. I am not complaining. If a store asks me to wear one, I will without complaint.

Those saying they will continue to wear a mask even though the CDC says they don't have to are making a statement that more people need to be vaccinated before they are comfortable going without. And that is OK. Frankly I am somewhat uncomfortable with the amount of dumb anti-vax people around me. As I said above, I am going to trust my vaccination. But vaccination has two faces - the first being our individual protection, but the second is the societal benefit of stopping the pandemic. We need to stop the pandemic. This can't happen when half of us are a bunch of anti-vax chucklefucks who will take the CDC guidance as permission to go without masks vaccine or no.

I am 100^% certain that every anti-vaxxer is suddenly "fully vaccinated" as of yesterday, at least if anyone asks them why they don't have a mask on... and that is the problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:

This. It feels like spiking the football on the 5 yard line to me. We are SO CLOSE to being legitimately out of the woods. Why do this now when we could wait even just a few more weeks and really be in good shape?
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
Nutella wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:
velocomp wrote:

I would hardly call it fear. I don't wear a mask when riding. I don't wear it around the house. What is wrong with wearing it in crowded public places. What is wrong seeing what happens (spikes, etc.). Wearing a mask is really the simplest thing we have done during this pandemic. I don't like it, but it is easy. Also, I have a large team I manage in India. I've seen how it is impacting everyone there. I've had employees lose family members. I have several with family currently hospitalized. This disease is not to be taken lightly. So I won't. When I feel like we are ready to open up fully, I will do so.

Plus the whole not being sick this year, I think lots of people are going to be wearing masks every winter to avoid the flu and colds.
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
velocomp wrote:
Nutella wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:
velocomp wrote:

Plus the whole not being sick this year, I think lots of people are going to be wearing masks every winter to avoid the flu and colds.

Very fair point. I don't generally get sick, so no role in my decision, but I can see others continuing in order to prevent illness.
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
replying to last post.....

We are still going to wear our masks in public places for a while even though we've been fully vaccinated since April. It's the folks who won't get vaccinated that I worry about as well as unvaccinated children (there was a small outbreak of one of the variants in an elementary school not long ago). My chances of getting covid are probably very small, but nothing is 100% right now. And I suspect the non-vaccinated people won't be wearing a masks in public places.

I'm still hoping to do my July and Sept races. And I'll definitely be wearing a mask at the race venues except while I race :-)

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [DEEPSEADOC/E-9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DEEPSEADOC/E-9 wrote:
That is the plan. Allow them to take the mask off, and more peeps that are on the fence, just might get the vaccine now.

I think the plan was to entice more people to get the vaccine.

But it seems the American Way is to get away with as much as possible.
"I left my card at home" will become a popular phrase.
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
chaparral wrote:
velocomp wrote:
Nutella wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:
velocomp wrote:

Very fair point. I don't generally get sick, so no role in my decision, but I can see others continuing in order to prevent illness.

Go to Japan, when people are sick, they wear masks which helps to keep others from getting sick. I think they have faired pretty well during the COVID as well.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:
DEEPSEADOC/E-9 wrote:
That is the plan. Allow them to take the mask off, and more peeps that are on the fence, just might get the vaccine now.

I think the plan was to entice more people to get the vaccine.

But it seems the American Way is to get away with as much as possible.
"I left my card at home" will become a popular phrase.

And the selfish twats that are anti vaxx are exactly the same type of people that will pull the “left my card at home” bullsnot. I predict that shortly if you judge just vaxx compliance just by looking around at who is or isn’t masked, vaccine compliance will appear to be 99% or better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm giving it a week and then I'm starting my no longer comply.

5/21: Never outside
5/23: I'll have to be asked if I'm inside. If it's a private place, I'll follow their rules, a public place, I'll ignore.

After 14 months, I'm no longer going to be inconvenienced doing something that does nothing (wearing a mask being fully vaccinated) by the same government that doesn't even attempt to force people to do the one thing that we know works (get vaccinated).
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cavechild wrote:
I'm giving it a week and then I'm starting my no longer comply.

5/21: Never outside
5/23: I'll have to be asked if I'm inside. If it's a private place, I'll follow their rules, a public place, I'll ignore.

After 14 months, I'm no longer going to be inconvenienced doing something that does nothing (wearing a mask being fully vaccinated) by the same government that doesn't even attempt to force people to do the one thing that we know works (get vaccinated).

For the most part I think you're a total jackass but this one time I'm in 100% agreement. If you're vaxxed there's really no need for the masks. Let's move on with life.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do you tell the difference between a fully vaccinated person and an unvaccinated person if they aren't wearing a mask?

Ask them who won the election.
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been vaccinated since March. Family is vaccinated. Do I just show my card to anyone that asks to see it? Will there be vaccine card cops?
I am perfectly fine with wearing a mask into a private business. But I will not show some idiot on the street that I am vaccinated. And I won’t ask anybody if they have a COVID card. I suspect some on this forum will though.

I visit Arizona often, they have no mask mandate, a few businesses here and there, but mostly maskless. As soon as I get back into Ca, I mask up, but our mask mandate in Ca goes away June 15.

Like I said, going to be entertaining to see those mask nazi’s running around asking to see shot papers.

PS: I do not carry my card around. I have a picture of it on my phone, right next to my naked selfies.
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damn lucky wrote:
How do you tell the difference between a fully vaccinated person and an unvaccinated person if they aren't wearing a mask?

Ask them who won the election.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply

Prev Next