Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
CDC said off with the mask if
Quote | Reply
If you have been vaccinated.
*Some restrictions apply

https://www.wsj.com/...cdc-says-11620928800

Fully vaccinated people don’t need to wear a mask or physically distance during outdoor or indoor activities, large or small, federal health officials said, the fullest easing of pandemic recommendations so far.
The fully vaccinated should continue to wear a mask while traveling by plane, bus or train, and the guidance doesn’t apply in certain places like hospitals, nursing homes and prisons, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday.
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Idiots
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good news. I am glad we waited a few months for the vaccines to prove themselves effective in the population. Requiring them up to now was simply erring on the side of caution. We have enough data to say that vaccinated people neither get sick nor transmit the virus.

I'll be happy to wear one if asked. I suspect I'll be keeping one in my pocket for the foreseeable future. But I am excited this is coming to an end

(Said as someone who wears one 9+ hours a day since last April, every day working in an office)
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Idiots

Sadly, there will be too many anti-vaxxers who now will just say they are vaccinated. But right now I need a bit of optimism in my life. I am vaccinated (and past the two weeks after the second). I will not be the problem.

I get that a vaccination program is not about individual protection entirely, but a societal protection... but... again as someone who has to wear it 9+ hours a day and have been doing so for the last year... I'm fucking done with it (well, I'll be done with it when the state lifts its mandate and the company says it's ok)...

Also at the moment this state (PA) claims it wont lift the mandate until 70% of eligible people get the vax
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:

Also at the moment this state (PA) claims it wont lift the mandate until 70% of eligible people get the vax

Same in Michigan. I have doubts we will ever get there. I'm not sure how this will play out but if numbers continue to improve, I don't know how we could possibly stick to that criteria. Best case is 70% vaccinated is still months away. I just don't think people are going to tolerate masks much longer if there isn't strong evidence of their value.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:
windywave wrote:
Idiots

I am vaccinated (and past the two weeks after the second). I will not be the problem.

You sure about that? Seven post-vaccination (J&J) staff members, three of them coaches, of the NY Yankees just tested positive (six asymptomatic). Can we say for sure that they didn't or won't spread it to anyone else?

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
g_lev wrote:
windywave wrote:
Idiots

I am vaccinated (and past the two weeks after the second). I will not be the problem.

You sure about that? Seven post-vaccination (J&J) staff members, three of them coaches, of the NY Yankees just tested positive (six asymptomatic). Can we say for sure that they didn't or won't spread it to anyone else?

I am reasonably sure. I see enough data out there showing that this vaccine works and prevents illness and transmission. I know there will be outlier cases. But really, I am happy to be done with wearing a mask assuming my chance of being a breakthrough case is very small.

I'll be happy to wear one when asked

(also this is totally moot since PA won't be lifting mask mandates any time soon - unless this CDC guidance changes things - so I'll be wearing one until such time)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Idiots

Science
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
windywave wrote:
Idiots

Science

Human nature will trump science in this case. Masks are done with whether you are vaccinated or not.

I'm just glad I am vaccinated. I'll trust the protection it gives me because otherwise we are fucked.

That said, my attitude is totally FYIGM in nature and I acknowledge that shortcoming
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
g_lev wrote:
windywave wrote:
Idiots

The Yankees case sure caught my attention as well. It's interesting that almost all of them were asymptomatic, and they would have never known if they weren't being tested for MLB Covid protocols. I agree that there is a lot we don't know for sure about vaxxed people being able to spread the virus. From what I've heard, the viral load in a vaccinated person is much lower, so transmission is much less likely.

The great news is that this illustrates how well the vaccines are working in preventing serious illness.
Last edited by: zed707: May 13, 21 13:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:
Clutch Cargo wrote:
windywave wrote:
Idiots

Science
Masks are done with whether you are vaccinated or not.

Exactly

Idiots
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
g_lev wrote:
windywave wrote:
Idiots

It’s great they’re are asymptomatic and we know there will be breakthrough cases. I’m just curious about 7 in one building so to speak. How were they exposed? I don’t know how many employees the Yankees have but 7 just seems like a large number. Were they indoors in a tiny room day after day getting exposed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
g_lev wrote:
Clutch Cargo wrote:
windywave wrote:
Idiots

Science

Exactly

Idiots

So who are the idiots?

The CDC/the administration?
Those that refuse to be vaccinated?
Or those that were stupid enough to think that people would act in their and the common best interest and get vaccinated?

Those that have refused to get vaccinated and act like they have will be the greatest impacted. Science is a bitch.
Those are the same idiots that have been crying about their freedom being infringed with wearing a mask. Do you really expect the rest of nation to coddle them because they refuse to believe in science? Fuck 'em I say.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
g_lev wrote:
Clutch Cargo wrote:
windywave wrote:
Idiots

Science

Exactly

Idiots

"If you like your mask, you can keep it"----Obama.
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
windywave wrote:
g_lev wrote:
Clutch Cargo wrote:
windywave wrote:
Idiots

Science

Exactly

Idiots

So who are the idiots?

Yes

Quote:

Those that have refused to get vaccinated and act like they have will be the greatest impacted. Science is a bitch.
Those are the same idiots that have been crying about their freedom being infringed with wearing a mask. Do you really expect the rest of nation to coddle them because they refuse to believe in science? Fuck 'em I say.

No I expect the fucking CDC to not give a green light to Captain Fuckstick and Prince dingleberry to not have to wear a mask before all the kids vaccinated. I hate masks with an undying passion but another month to 1.5 or so and we'd be fucking golden

Idiots
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [SDG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
windywave wrote:
g_lev wrote:
Clutch Cargo wrote:
windywave wrote:
Idiots

Science

Exactly

Idiots

"If you like your mask, you can keep it"----Obama.

3 points
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
jmh wrote:
windywave wrote:
g_lev wrote:
Clutch Cargo wrote:
windywave wrote:
Idiots

Science

Exactly

Idiots

So who are the idiots?

Yes

Quote:

No I expect the fucking CDC to not give a green light to Captain Fuckstick and Prince dingleberry to not have to wear a mask before all the kids vaccinated. I hate masks with an undying passion but another month to 1.5 or so and we'd be fucking golden

Idiots

Captain Fuckstick and Prince Dingleberry have been the ones fucking this up from the get go. We'd be fucking golden right now if they would have been responsible weeks ago. I'm out of patience for those guys. The vaccine has been readily available for months. Fuck 'em for being anti vaccine and anti science.

Your position is incongruent with your other positions on personal responsibility and consequences, but fully inline with you being anti-everything.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:
Human nature will trump science in this case.

I gotta say that made me chuckle for some reason.
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:
g_lev wrote:
Human nature will trump science in this case.

I gotta say that made me chuckle for some reason.

I admit the pun was intended ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PA is following the CDC and alllowing everyone vaccinated to go unmasked as of right now. Suddenly everyone who was antivax I bet is fully vaccinated as of today.

I’m not good with this sudden change. I was banking on a slower rollout
Quote Reply
Re: CDC said off with the mask if [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
windywave wrote:
jmh wrote:
windywave wrote:
g_lev wrote:
Clutch Cargo wrote:
windywave wrote:
Idiots

Science

Exactly

Idiots

So who are the idiots?

Yes

Quote:

Idiots

Captain Fuckstick and Prince Dingleberry have been the ones fucking this up from the get go. We'd be fucking golden right now if they would have been responsible weeks ago. I'm out of patience for those guys. The vaccine has been readily available for months. Fuck 'em for being anti vaccine and anti science.

Your position is incongruent with your other positions on personal responsibility and consequences, but fully inline with you being anti-everything.

You're missing my point
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can’t wait for the YouTube fist fights over “ show me your COVID vaccination card”.

Will the Walmart greeter be checking COVID cards.

This going to be fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is the plan. Allow them to take the mask off, and more peeps that are on the fence, just might get the vaccine now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
g_lev wrote:
windywave wrote:
Idiots

Previously the CDC said they were waiting for the data around just this situation. They wanted see if they could measure if vaccinated people become positive would they transmit at similar, lower or zero rates compared to unvaccinated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Question for those that have decided to forego the vaccine, will you be following the CDC guideline to continue wearing a mask?
Quote Reply

Prev Next