Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the town publishes them, but they don't have the most recent up yet.

http://villageoflakeplacid.ny.gov/content/MinuteCategories
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [FishOutofWater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishOutofWater wrote:
Town website calls tonight's meeting an "Administrative Work Session" and the 17th has a "Regular Board Meeting". Without knowing much about the town's governance I'd guess any info will come out of the meeting on the 17th, but again just a guess, could be wrong.

Someone on Facebook is saying they listened to the meeting today, IMLP was discussed, and the tone or content of what was discussed made it sound like the race was happening. They were very light on details.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
FishOutofWater wrote:
Town website calls tonight's meeting an "Administrative Work Session" and the 17th has a "Regular Board Meeting". Without knowing much about the town's governance I'd guess any info will come out of the meeting on the 17th, but again just a guess, could be wrong.

Someone on Facebook is saying they listened to the meeting today, IMLP was discussed, and the tone or content of what was discussed made it sound like the race was happening. They were very light on details.

Not to sound like a jerk but I find it hard to believe that it's happening after they cancelled a MT bike race and all the construction...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We'll be able to watch that today, assuming the video is correct.

Watched all 42 minutes of the last one, where nothing much was discussed outside of a very small concert at the park, where they requested strict COVID protocol and following the rules of the park.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried to watch but had some work stuff going on and only caught bits and pieces. There was a lot of discussion on events and Ironman was definitely included. Most toward the end. The audio feed isn’t great.
Last edited by: mkb: May 12, 21 4:22
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [mkb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are you guys watching or listening to this
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a link to the live meeting on the village board website. I’m assuming recording and minutes also get posted there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a couple other details posted from the same guy ...
- vaccination may be required of all participants, volunteers, and ... spectators(?)
- IM village at the horse grounds

I don’t get how they could consider vaccination requirements for spectators, maybe in some specific area? What’s that going to mean for kids? Also, how are they going to check vaccinations? My card from Walgreens would be the easiest thing to forge in the world.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought I heard something like this also, but I couldn't tell which events they were speaking about at the time. They were bouncing back and forth between discussions on lacrosse tournament, horse show, and ironman. Ahhh the speculation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
- vaccination may be required of all participants, volunteers, and ... spectators(?)

I don’t get how they could consider vaccination requirements for spectators, maybe in some specific area? What’s that going to mean for kids? Also, how are they going to check vaccinations? My card from Walgreens would be the easiest thing to forge in the world.
NYS has the Excelsior Pass app for vaccine proof. We used it twice so far for concerts and they scanned it at the door to verify the accuracy. Maybe they can do the same with the information on the paper cards?

I agree the spectator requirements sounds like a colossal undertaking. Maybe have a few check points/check-ins on Friday and Saturday, where spectators can go to verify vaccine information and are given colored wrist bands, so they can move around on race day?
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume the discussion is around only vaccinated spectators allowed in stands and event venues?
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the latest ideas on where to put transition
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't really kept up on whats happening in the US re vaccinations.......do folks actually have any proof of vaccination? Is the US giving out some sort of passport when they get their shots?

While I don't think anything will go off in Canada, I wouldn't be surprised if Placid happens, given other races in the US being held. Wish I could go!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:

Just because it would be hard to enforce doesn't mean they can't state it as a requirement. The honor system works for some and not others.
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not just call the town manager's office and ask them. By now, a decision has to be near, if not already decided.
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [TriDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you don't think I've been trying that, you don't know me well. :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They had been responding to emails as of a couple wks ago
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that's where my speculation on the front page story came from after an email or two out...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Meeting is up, discussion about IMLP around 45 mins in.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seemed fairly promising to me. Was a little hard to hear but my takeaway was IM is going to come back to the next meeting with a more detailed plan for the city to react to.
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounded like they wanted at least a 20% drop in participation, as well as COVID vaccinations. The board really wanted some heavy detail, IMO. Felt like they wanted it in advance of the next meeting, which is next week.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
Sounded like they wanted at least a 20% drop in participation, as well as COVID vaccinations. The board really wanted some heavy detail, IMO. Felt like they wanted it in advance of the next meeting, which is next week.
I listened a few minutes
Yes, sounds like they really was pushing for a reduction above/beyond the normal DNS.

I would think if they are going to require vaccines, this needs to be decided quickly so it would give the requirees (sp?) time to get the shot(s) and past the 2 week period
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One message that seemed loud and clear was they want specific details ASAP. Everyone seems in favor of a decision well in advance of July 25 and hopefully after Monday’s meeting. I wonder if the LP village board members are following these threads for their own personal entertainment.
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [mkb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mkb wrote:
One message that seemed loud and clear was they want specific details ASAP. Everyone seems in favor of a decision well in advance of July 25 and hopefully after Monday’s meeting. I wonder if the LP village board members are following these threads for their own personal entertainment.

I like how Greg wanted to keep it a "secret" that there will be zero parking in any lot in the Village due to construction
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I stand corrected it sounds very much so like this race is going to happen. Having listened to the meeting the only questions I really have is how are they going to cut 20% and where will transition be they talk about where they're going to exit the water and how to manage that but they don't specifically talk about transition unless I missed it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next