Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great [mkb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for responding. I am staying at Art Devlin's. So we now have at least 2 hotels that pushed off the final payment.

14X Ironman. Still slow but working on it.
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I was wondering why you would not just put T1 on half of Mirror Lake drive or even half of main street. 2.5 hrs later you just sweep up that transition. But from what I recall the main street is closed anyway so you cuold just leave it there on half the street
Also putting T1/T2 at the School will also, assumingly, eliminate the traffic pattern/detour to the Northway causing even more of a complete mess in/around Lake Place in race day.
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SayHey Kid wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
I was wondering why you would not just put T1 on half of Mirror Lake drive or even half of main street. 2.5 hrs later you just sweep up that transition. But from what I recall the main street is closed anyway so you cuold just leave it there on half the street

Also putting T1/T2 at the School will also, assumingly, eliminate the traffic pattern/detour to the Northway causing even more of a complete mess in/around Lake Place in race day.

The most awesome part of this latest development on this thread, is we are bantering about transition zone formats, athlete flow, local traffic flow. In a weird way discussing normal world things helps morale (where I live we are on our 3rd lockdown but I could literally get on my bike and ride the 220km to Lake Placid if the border was open)

IT ALMOST FEELS LIKE WE ARE BACK IN 2019 AGAIN !!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm discontinuing training for Placid!!!! At this point I think it has next to no chance of happening.
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on any specific recent development? Or just more of a culmination of all of the above mentioned variables?
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Governor announced major reopening of NY state later this month. It will be interesting to see what the town of LP decides to do. If they want the race to happen, there will be a race. On the other hand, I guess they still have the power to block it. If they do, I suspect Ironman would be very unhappy given the major shift of reopening and other events going off across the state.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's the thing, though: it's the local community that matters.

See: IRONMAN Texas cancellation versus Galveston.

I will be *very* surprised, given the local hesitation, if IMLP gets a stamp of approval.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
Here's the thing, though: it's the local community that matters.

See: IRONMAN Texas cancellation versus Galveston.

I will be *very* surprised, given the local hesitation, if IMLP gets a stamp of approval.

Exactly. What New York City does or any surrounding area has nothing to do with whether this race goes off or not
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mkb wrote:
Based on any specific recent development? Or just more of a culmination of all of the above mentioned variables?

Just based on everything mentioned above. Between the construction and what seems like zero desire by Town officials for this race to happen I just don't see the point in grinding myself into a pulp. I agree that it's going to be an all or nothing kind of deal and I personally don't see a scenario where they can bring it all together and have the complete race given all the hurdles...... With all that said who knows maybe on race day I'll be there kicking myself and thinking about just finishing rather than a PR..... But I think I'm right.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Want to wager a guess as to what deferral options registrants will receive?
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:

My guess is just any race that's open right now + Placid 2022:

Placid 2022
Waco
Indiana
IMSG

Maybe also Texas in the Spring.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mkb wrote:
Governor announced major reopening of NY state later this month. It will be interesting to see what the town of LP decides to do. If they want the race to happen, there will be a race. On the other hand, I guess they still have the power to block it. If they do, I suspect Ironman would be very unhappy given the major shift of reopening and other events going off across the state.

The Governor might not be the Governor next month...................
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
LifeTri wrote:

My guess is just any race that's open right now + Placid 2022:

Placid 2022
Waco
Indiana
IMSG

Maybe also Texas in the Spring.

I guess Placid 2022 it is... I'm sure nothing will be open as far as spots in Maryland and I ain't going down to hang out with David koresh in Texas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think if it does get cancelled we would be allowed into a few of the southern IM's. For example, IMCHOO, or IMFL even if it's 'sold out'. The city would allow them to add more participants. I don't think we have heard but I believe IMMT will be cancelled. I know it's going to be a lot of racers looking for limited spots for '21 races.

14X Ironman. Still slow but working on it.
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rideon77 wrote:

The Governor might not be the Governor next month...................

We can only hope....
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just heard from someone who is entered in the White face mountain bike race in June that that has now been canceled.

I do not think Placid is happening
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
I just heard from someone who is entered in the White face mountain bike race in June that that has now been canceled.

WE'VE MADE THE DIFFICULT DECISION ALONG WITH THE TOWN OF WILMINGTON AND WHITEFACE MOUNTAIN RESORT NOT TO HOST THIS YEAR'S WW-100 MTB DUE TO THE ONGOING SITUATION SURROUNDING COVID-19. WHILE WE PLANNED TO HOST THE RACE THIS YEAR, THATS NO LONGER A SAFE OPTION.

All registrations are being rolled to our 2022 race date of JUNE 4TH. Put that date on your calendar and look forward to a great race! If you have any questions, please reach out. We realize not being able to race is tremendously disappointing. We're grateful for your understanding and your support of our races, and we can't wait to see you next year! Stay safe and healthy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:

That’s a bummer, much smaller event. Guess it’s still ~6wks before Placid is scheduled if you want to be optimistic. But ... IMLP would need permission from Wilmington too I presume, and they benefit much less from the event than Placid.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

WE'VE MADE THE DIFFICULT DECISION ALONG WITH THE TOWN OF WILMINGTON AND WHITEFACE MOUNTAIN RESORT NOT TO HOST THIS YEAR'S WW-100 MTB DUE TO THE ONGOING SITUATION SURROUNDING COVID-19. WHILE WE PLANNED TO HOST THE RACE THIS YEAR, THATS NO LONGER A SAFE OPTION.

All registrations are being rolled to our 2022 race date of JUNE 4TH. Put that date on your calendar and look forward to a great race! If you have any questions, please reach out. We realize not being able to race is tremendously disappointing. We're grateful for your understanding and your support of our races, and we can't wait to see you next year! Stay safe and healthy.

Given my situation documented in the other thread, part of me is not unhappy with it... but it sure is a bummer that it looks like IMLP won't happen this year. I'll go that weekend anyway because why not... I'll probably ride the course... or ride to Canada and back
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this will never happen, but in the increasingly likely event this race does not happen, I wish IM could pivot and create a new race in the Northeast that same weekend. Remember the speculation about Timberman coming back? Resurrect that! It wouldn’t need to be a 140.6.

Or find some downtrodden community near a body of water, and create a no-frills IM for 800 people.

Surely, there’s a million reasons why this won’t happen. Losing IMLP again is going to ruin a lot of people’s 2021 season.

I wonder if the race will ever come back, given that the public health justifications are bogus.
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree completely. They are bogus and they’re using them as an excuse to block the race. IM needs to pull out of LP and find another host city in the northeast.
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any idea when the next meeting is?

Tonight, maybe based on the schedule on website but not sure if this is normal business or special session business in a separate agenda meeting
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [SayHey Kid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Town website calls tonight's meeting an "Administrative Work Session" and the 17th has a "Regular Board Meeting". Without knowing much about the town's governance I'd guess any info will come out of the meeting on the 17th, but again just a guess, could be wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [FishOutofWater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my email exchange with them they didn't specify they simply said second or third week of May for what it's worth.
Quote Reply
Re: News Article RE:IMLP — doesn’t look great ] [FishOutofWater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if there's somewhere we could view the minutes from the meeting.
Quote Reply

Prev Next