Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Over/under on Trump bashing threads the next 30 days [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:
I'll put it at 100. Threads, not posts. Prove me wrong.

FYI: there is nothing to prove here. You simply established a benchmark o/u number of 100. You have not chosen the over or the under.

I'll put your intent down as:

O/U is 99.5 (we don't want a push, do we?)
You choose the over

No, I'm hoping it's the under. I'm hoping it one since we've already had one.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Over/under on Trump bashing threads the next 30 days [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
It sounds like George, and the GOP, want to pretend they never heard of Trump and do not want to be reminded of him.

The revisionist history campaign has begun.

Nope not at all. It's just there's been thousands of threads in the last 5 years bashing Trump. Most days it's more than half of the page in here Trump bashing threads. I'm just hoping with him gone that this place can go back to something more normal.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Over/under on Trump bashing threads the next 30 days [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella wrote:
It sounds like George, and the GOP, want to pretend they never heard of Trump and do not want to be reminded of him.

That is a stretch. Not wanting to relive the past and wanting to move forward is nowhere near the same as wanting to rewrite the past.
Quote Reply
Re: Over/under on Trump bashing threads the next 30 days [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
Nutella wrote:

Nope not at all. It's just there's been thousands of threads in the last 5 years bashing Trump. Most days it's more than half of the page in here Trump bashing threads. I'm just hoping with him gone that this place can go back to something more normal.

This forum moving towards more normal? Politician bashing was not normal before Trump? I interpret your more normal as continue bashing only insert Biden 1 and Biden 2, AOC and the squad, Chuckie and Nancie while the donald is allowed to graze peacefully down in the lower forty.
Quote Reply
Re: Over/under on Trump bashing threads the next 30 days [Justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
Nutella wrote:

People posted about Trump because he is an incompetent, racist, liar. The GOP eagerly supported him with the fever of a cult. The blame for people posting about Trump is solely on Trump and his cowardly enablers.
Quote Reply
Re: Over/under on Trump bashing threads the next 30 days [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Who?

Just some Florida man awaiting trial.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Over/under on Trump bashing threads the next 30 days [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Trump deserves a thousand threads bashing him. A hundred in the next month is probably not enough.

There were about 155,000,000 votes cast for president. Trump should have lost the general by 154,999,999 to 1. With the one vote being himself. Not even Pence, Melania, or his kids should have voted for him. How he received 74+ million votes is one of the most mind boggling things that has happened in my 50 years on the planet. He was a horrible President and is a horrible person.

This man tells no lies. Clearly we have the resistance in the FBI.

Now about putting his ass in jail for the rest of his days, what can you share?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
Nutella wrote:

What if we mock him? Does that count as bashing?

Remember when the dumbass was mad that he couldn't buy Greenland? Or the time he threw paper towels at people recovering from a hurricane? Oh, don't forget when the fucking idiot stared at the sun during the eclipse.

Go back and read some of the threads and the Holy Shit I Can't believe Trump Said That thread. Every damn day he did something new and more stupid than the day before.

So the real question is what is the over/under on dumbass stuff Trump does in the next 30 days?

Quote Reply
Re: Over/under on Trump bashing threads the next 30 days [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Who?

Never got into the florida man riff. So now that he is one, is he "the" one or just at the top of the list?
Quote Reply
Re: Over/under on Trump bashing threads the next 30 days [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Who?

Never heard of him.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:
Nutella wrote:

What if we mock him? Does that count as bashing?

Remember when the dumbass was mad that he couldn't buy Greenland? Or the time he threw paper towels at people recovering from a hurricane? Oh, don't forget when the fucking idiot stared at the sun during the eclipse.

Go back and read some of the threads and the Holy Shit I Can't believe Trump Said That thread. Every damn day he did something new and more stupid than the day before.

So the real question is what is the over/under on dumbass stuff Trump does in the next 30 days?

Maybe there should be a "remember when..." thread so we can reminisce about all the utter stupidity of the man.

eg:

"Remember when Trump claimed that when you go to buy groceries, you need photo ID?"
Quote Reply
Re: Over/under on Trump bashing threads the next 30 days [sweathog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sweathog wrote:

I agree with this. But should one have concern when the Agency begins talking about someone in the past tense? Or, is that just the CIA?

Not sure what youā€™re getting at. I said he was a horrible President (past tense) and is a horrible person (present tense). Heā€™s no longer the President so what other tense should I have
used?

The Agency refers to the CIA. Thereā€™s no A in the FBI. šŸ˜

Anyhoo... Iā€™m only speaking for myself and not my employer. As I have always done. Iā€™ve never operated in any kind of official capacity here.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Jan 21, 21 8:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
J_R wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:

FYI: there is nothing to prove here. You simply established a benchmark o/u number of 100. You have not chosen the over or the under.

I'll put your intent down as:

O/U is 99.5 (we don't want a push, do we?)
You choose the over

No, I'm hoping it's the under. I'm hoping it one since we've already had one.

But what are you expecting? That is where the betting line / prove me wrong comes in.
Quote Reply
Re: Over/under on Trump bashing threads the next 30 days [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
sweathog wrote:

I agree with this. But should one have concern when the Agency begins talking about someone in the past tense? Or, is that just the CIA?

Not sure what youā€™re getting at. I said he was a horrible President (past tense) and is a horrible person (present tense). Heā€™s no longer the President so what other tense should I have
used?

The Agency refers to the CIA. Thereā€™s no A in the FBI. šŸ˜

well, look at that, Windy needs to berate me for my reading comprehension.

As for use of the word 'Agency,' my first draft had that as the personal pronoun 'you'. decided that was an even worse attempt at humor - so changed it to something more generic. Seems I still fell short.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would this count as bashing?

We can get the under if we just keep all the shots in here.

Quote Reply
Re: Over/under on Trump bashing threads the next 30 days [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
OneGoodLeg wrote:
Trust me, nobody actually liked talking about him,...

Sorry, but this just isnā€™t true. Heā€™s been hiding, not doing anything, off Twitter, etc for a couple of weeks, and weā€™ve had more threads in that time than ever. Barry started a thread unrelated to any specific Trump action, just to invite people to complain about anything related to Trump. There have been plenty of people taking great pleasure and satisfaction in a near constant stream of criticism of anything he says or does, large or small, justified or not.

Donā€™t get me wrong, there was plenty of legitimate stuff to complain about, but youā€™d have to be blind to think there werenā€™t plenty of people taking lots of pleasure in these threads.

Leave it to slowguy to go Full Literal. Allow me to rephrase, ā€œ...would have much preferred not having Trump to complain about.ā€

Yes, Iā€™m aware some folks seem to just enjoy complaining and are always looking for the next outlet, just as some people appear to enjoy arguing enough to ignore a point so they can instead pick apart a common turn of phrase because it doesnā€™t hold water literally. Have at it...
Quote Reply
Re: Over/under on Trump bashing threads the next 30 days [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
slowguy wrote:
OneGoodLeg wrote:
Trust me, nobody actually liked talking about him,...

Sorry, but this just isnā€™t true. Heā€™s been hiding, not doing anything, off Twitter, etc for a couple of weeks, and weā€™ve had more threads in that time than ever. Barry started a thread unrelated to any specific Trump action, just to invite people to complain about anything related to Trump. There have been plenty of people taking great pleasure and satisfaction in a near constant stream of criticism of anything he says or does, large or small, justified or not.

Donā€™t get me wrong, there was plenty of legitimate stuff to complain about, but youā€™d have to be blind to think there werenā€™t plenty of people taking lots of pleasure in these threads.

Leave it to slowguy to go Full Literal. Allow me to rephrase, ā€œ...would have much preferred not having Trump to complain about.ā€

Yes, Iā€™m aware some folks seem to just enjoy complaining and are always looking for the next outlet, just as some people appear to enjoy arguing enough to ignore a point so they can instead pick apart a common turn of phrase because it doesnā€™t hold water literally. Have at it...

Well shit, I didn't realize, "trust me, nobody actually liked talking about him..." was a common turn of phrase.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:

Ya still counting? Iā€™d say you overshot. By a hell of a lot.
Quote Reply
Re: Over/under on Trump bashing threads the next 30 days [crowny2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
crowny2 wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:

Whoā€™s ā€œTrump?ā€
Quote Reply
Re: Over/under on Trump bashing threads the next 30 days [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
crowny2 wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:

Whoā€™s ā€œTrump?ā€

Fuck that fucker
And I'll tell it and think it and speak it and breathe it
And reflect it from the mountain so all souls can see it

Amen.
Quote Reply
Re: Over/under on Trump bashing threads the next 30 days [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
crowny2 wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:

Whoā€™s ā€œTrump?ā€

Failed reality show host worshiped by other failures.
Quote Reply
Re: Over/under on Trump bashing threads the next 30 days [crowny2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
crowny2 wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:

Nope I quit. Rough count maybe 20 or 30. Congratulations everyone. Although bashing Trump in non Trump threads probably picked up.

Of course Cruz and others helped pick up the slack...

I miss YaHey
Last edited by: Justgeorge: Feb 23, 21 17:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
crowny2 wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:

Nope I quit. Rough count maybe 20 or 30. Congratulations everyone. Although bashing Trump in non Trump threads probably picked up.

Channeling my inner Windy...

Eye roll emoji
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Justgeorge wrote:
crowny2 wrote:
Justgeorge wrote:

Well you did start a couple of your own Trump threads so need to back those numbers down by 10.
Quote Reply

Prev Next