Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

15,000 ridden YTD and Maah Daah Hey
Quote | Reply
Still here just pedaling away! 15,011 as of right now. My best miles this year have been with my 13 year old who's taking a liking to MTB.

This past weekend I had a very last minute change to ride Maah Daah Hey 100. Leave Friday mid-day. Arrive 8PM. Ride race at 6AM. Thankfully the RD drove my car from the start to finish (point to point) and I hung around a bit then drove 5 hours...the wrong way! Up at 3:50 AM to ride my #2 favorite mountain climb. 60 miles more from Red Lodge to the summit of Beartooth. Back in the car at 8:30 AM and in bed at 11PM. 2020 miles driven. My first night sleeping in my brand new Jeep...lol. I did stay in a hotel Friday night :)

I am 42 and been riding MTB for 2 years. I just didn't have the "skills" to ride the guys down at MDH. Jeepers....I was giving up over a minute some of the descents. 4th place and riding hard to the line was all I had on that day. Absolutely beautiful point to point course essentially from the North Unit to South Unit Theodore Roosevelt National Park. Epic....100%.

Next weekend I get to do my 2nd event since racing was cancelled. DAMN. 240 miles of gravel. Midnight start. 2-time defending. Fitness should be there! Ha.

After DAMn. I might have to ride my bike. I'm unaware of any real events, but if there's something big....or hard...I'm in.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Last edited by: cmscat50: Aug 5, 20 7:28
Quote Reply
Re: 15,000 ridden YTD and Maah Daah Hey [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris nice job. 4th is great at that race. Those mtb guys can fly downhill even if they don’t know the trail.

Good luck at the DAMn race.
Quote Reply