Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
AlphaFly Sizing?
Quote | Reply
I have a race on 7/18 and might pull the trigger when these come out on 7/2. But, I am somewhat nervous about sizing. Will they be the same size as my ZF2s, ZF3s, 4%? I should have ordered a 1/2 size up on the Next% and these sneakers still seem too small for me.

So my main question is - will the AlphaFlys be the same size as the 4%? I hate it that we have to order such an expensive shoe online and would like to be at the right size if I pony up the $250 price tag that these seem to command.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: AlphaFly Sizing? [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 4%, Next% and AlphaFly's all in size 12, and all fits the same
Quote Reply
Re: AlphaFly Sizing? [bojan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bojan wrote:

Oh ok thanks! I find the Next% to fit quite tight.

How did you get the AlphaFlys already - do you like them?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
bojan wrote:

Oh ok thanks! I find the Next% to fit quite tight.

How did you get the AlphaFlys already - do you like them?

I heard Next% fit tight, so I ordered two pairs. Original size and one size up, but ended up keeping the pair with original size.
I will buy my size if I buy AlphaFly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like they should be pretty available.

Scheels screwed up and it’s already on their website so if you’re close to one of the locations that has them in stock it looks like you can order for pickup today.
Quote Reply
Re: AlphaFly Sizing? [Grantbot21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grantbot21 wrote:

Scheels screwed up and it’s already on their website so if you’re close to one of the locations that has them in stock it looks like you can order for pickup today.

No, it doesn't come up when I search in Scheels website. I have a store by my house.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMO they fit the same. I am an 11 in the Vapor, Next% and Alphafly. The atomknit upper is amazing đź‘Ť

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Re: AlphaFly Sizing? [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
Grantbot21 wrote:

No, it doesn't come up when I search in Scheels website. I have a store by my house.

Yes...

https://www.scheels.com/...paign=unpaidlistings

It’s not like I was bored and made that up and picked of all companies Scheels. It looks like people noticed either there or they are already bought out at the stores that had them at least in a 10.5.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just wish we had the Watermelon colorways available in the U.S. https://www.nike.com/jp/w/new-3n82y!
Quote Reply
Re: AlphaFly Sizing? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's 7/2!! Where can I buy them?

Edit: Just got a text message. 7AM PST, so be ready guys!
Last edited by: s13tx: Jul 2, 20 6:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
annnnd they're sold out.
Quote Reply
Re: AlphaFly Sizing? [jamlo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jamlo wrote:
annnnd they're sold out.

Don’t worry you can get them on eBay soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sold out all sizes completely. People hoarding them to re-sell. This sucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep - checked this morning after my swim and there was nothing on the nike website at 8:00am (CST).
Just saw the text message and straight away there were no sizes left - it says "get inline" but you cant choose any sizes.
Since all local races were cancelled this past week until September (won't hold my breath on those going ahead either) I'm not that bothered as was just interested in trying them out.
Quote Reply
Re: AlphaFly Sizing? [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HoustonTri(er) wrote:
Yep - checked this morning after my swim and there was nothing on the nike website at 8:00am (CST).
Just saw the text message and straight away there were no sizes left - it says "get inline" but you cant choose any sizes.
Since all local races were cancelled this past week until September (won't hold my breath on those going ahead either) I'm not that bothered as was just interested in trying them out.

So people lined up with $275 in hands to buy these shoes and Nike can't keep up with demand.
That's so crazy and stupid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well let’s be real. Nike can probably easily keep up with the demand. I really don’t think there are THAT many people crazy enough to spend $300 on a running shoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jamlo wrote:
Well let’s be real. Nike can probably easily keep up with the demand. I really don’t think there are THAT many people crazy enough to spend $300 on a running shoe.

They probably can’t because of supply chain problems.

Also it’s a race running shoe. You could use it for a full year if you wanted. Compared to the cost of entries for most runners along with other shoe costs etc it’s not a big deal. It’s not like you’re burning through these in one race or something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jamlo wrote:

sarcasm? this is a tri forum where people will easily drop 10k$ for 40s in an ironman
Quote Reply
Re: AlphaFly Sizing? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replying to no one in general.........whats the rush? There is no race season this year. Why not wait until the new year.....should be easily available, and maybe they'll have the next version out by then.... :)
Quote Reply
Re: AlphaFly Sizing? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah i was thinking the same thing today. It’ll probably be 10 months at least before I would need them. I’m more interested in the trainer one but that’s not going to be out till fall I think.
Quote Reply
Re: AlphaFly Sizing? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait. You think Chicago Marathon is going to cancel this year? ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jamlo wrote:
annnnd they're sold out.

Yeah this is ridiculous - I don't understand why Nike can't keep up with demand. They spend so much on R&D and marketing for the shoe and don't produce enough? Its hard to comprehend.

Quote Reply
Re: AlphaFly Sizing? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right and what percentage of the overall population do you think us wackos represent? More than Nike can keep up with? Unlikely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
plant_based wrote:
jamlo wrote:
annnnd they're sold out.

Yeah this is ridiculous - I don't understand why Nike can't keep up with demand. They spend so much on R&D and marketing for the shoe and don't produce enough? Its hard to comprehend.

It’s completely intentional, fake scarcity. I can’t figure out what it gains them though? So like today I bought the Saucony Endorphin Pro, first time buying a non Nike shoe in a long time. Definitely tried to buy the alphafly, but it seems they literally sold out in seconds and I wasn’t fast enough. So Saucony got my money today and Nike didn’t. This is winning?

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: AlphaFly Sizing? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
plant_based wrote:
jamlo wrote:
annnnd they're sold out.

It’s completely intentional, fake scarcity. I can’t figure out what it gains them though? So like today I bought the Saucony Endorphin Pro, first time buying a non Nike shoe in a long time. Definitely tried to buy the alphafly, but it seems they literally sold out in seconds and I wasn’t fast enough. So Saucony got my money today and Nike didn’t. This is winning?

I think Nike made a mistake on this today. I am disappointed. They didn't even state when they would be released again. Just not much communication and not enough product.

Quote Reply

Prev Next