Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Does Trek Team Time Trial = Wannabe?
Quote | Reply
If I buy a Trek TTT, is everyone going to look at me funny when I finish Mid-Pack? It costs less than some of these other big name bikes (P3, Rocket TT, Blade, etc), so I don't see why I should be worried about this. I live in Southern California....so we're very concerned about what other people think. (just kidding...sort of).

Am I a Lance poser?

Thanks!

RD

---------------------------

How many miles did you ride today?
Quote Reply
Re: Does Trek Team Time Trial = Wannabe? [Red Dragon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I say screw everyone and buy what you like. The TTT is pretty cool and real fast and if it fits buy it. Screw those who use terms like "soul" or "spirit of triathlon".

If your that worried keep your old bike and sponsor my team.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"so I don't see why I should be worried about this."

The above statement says it all. Posers??? In so Cal. Never. I thought out there you were judged by your car, not your bicycle. Just kidding(sort of).

Just buy the bike and enjoy it. You've earned it and deserve it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy it, enjoy it, heck, sleep with it (don't worry, we all do the first night). To save yourself any embarassment just don't ride a postal kit with it. That would be poser. IF the bike fits you, (longish top tube) rock on. We all deserve fun toys.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not trying to make you feel bad or anything...

but your question reminds me of kids in highschool...

Poser ? WTF!!! cmon dude... That is pure Bullsh!t... How can you be a poser ? its not even possible... Any person that can even beggin to think about entering an ironman... and even thinks that they have a 50/50 chance of finishing it in time... Must be training enough to make "poser" status, almost impossible to aquire... Cmon dude... Silly question... Get the frickin bike... Enjoy the SH!T out of it... Screw anyone that thinks your anything even remotely close to a poser...

PS : im jealous.... the TTT is really nice... cant afford one...
Quote Reply
Re: Does Trek Team Time Trial = Wannabe? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once again, I'm with Tibbs. Screw what other folks think. If you like the bike and it fits and works for you, who cares.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Red Dragon;

Are those riding P3's Larsen posers, Softrides Zack posers, or Cheetas Badman/Bowden posers? I think not, buy the bike that fits, and makes you happy, because if your comfortable inside and out, you'll ride faster!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What everyone else said. I've seen guys w/ those bikes and I never thought they were Lance posers. Why would someone riding a Trek TT bike be expected to finish any higher than somone riding any other Tri/TT bike?

Buy the bike, hell, wear the whole damn team kit with matching helmet, arm warmers and shoe covers. The only people that will snicker will be the ones who still have the high school mentality, and do you really care what they think?
Quote Reply
Re: Does Trek Team Time Trial = Wannabe? [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was in the same situation. I decided the hell with that crap and baught the bike I wanted and fit well. That happened to be a custom Trek TT, and I do have the money to purchase any of the other top-end 'tri' bikes. I wore my postal jerseys while riding my Trek 5200 on Ragbrai, and I could really give a sh*t what the others think. If you train between 15-20 hours per week, are you still a poser, I think not.
Quote Reply