Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lev Parnas interview [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Rick Perry and Pompeo will be discussed by Parnas tonight.

Maybe Hillary Clinton will be getting some phone calls from the GOP.

And yes, that's pink. Hillary never freaking killed anyone you whackjobs.
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump denies (again) knowing Lev Parnas. Hands up who believes him. Anyone?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

Ivanka and Jared know him:

Jr knew him:

Rudy knew him:

KellyAnne knew him:

But Trump never heard of him. Perhaps his memory is failing.

He's really, really bad at lying.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

I'm sure in the bowels of the GOP strategery room they've got the sharpie out and are drawing the flowchart.

1) He didn't know him.
2) If he knew him, they just talked about charity and stuff.
3) If they talked about interests of the U.S. government, it was all standard. Nothing campaign-related for sure.
4) If they talked about campaign-related stuff, there was no "quid pro quo."
5).If there was a quid pro quo discussed, it's OK, because nothing actually happened - was just fun talk.
6) OK, if a transaction actually took place, it's kinda standard (list historical examples), and was signed off on by the State Dept, etc. Everyone knew it was going on, typical stuff. Get over it.
7) OK, it it was never really signed off on and not really considered normal by paragons of ethics like Michael Bolton, it doesn't matter because it's not a crime. He's the President, folks. Might be unsavory, but this is the Get Things Done style we voted for! Get over the 2016 election, you lost.
8) If you want to argue it was a crime, doesn't even matter, can't bring charges while in office.
9) Also you can't convict on impeachment if there was no crime. See #8.
Last edited by: trail: Jan 16, 20 12:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trump was also asked the following questions about the letter Giuliani wrote to Zelensky where Giuliani said he was acting on Trump's personal behalf:

1. Did you approve Giuliani to write the letter?
2. What was the meeting Giuliani asked for going to be about?

Answer:

"I don't know about any letter," followed by 3 minute ramble about how great a mayor of NYC Giuliani was.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
     Didn't Parnas say at some point he was there a couple times with Giulliani when Trump talked to RG? Even NPR this morning pointed out that Parnas is not claiming to have talked to Trump. More importantly, I'll leave this for those curious as to an initial response from the right:

https://www.redstate.com/...-are-the-highlights/
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
Didn't Parnas say at some point he was there a couple times with Giulliani when Trump talked to RG? Even NPR this morning pointed out that Parnas is not claiming to have talked to Trump. More importantly, I'll leave this for those curious as to an initial response from the right:

https://www.redstate.com/...-are-the-highlights/

Parnas said he was with multiple people while they talked to Trump about Ukraine, including Giuliani. He also said he has been in fairly small meetings with Trump, though didn't specifically address whether the two spoke. But I think he did say they talked at fundraisers. Trump's line of argument is that he might have met him at a fundraiser or two but "doesn't remember any conversations we may have had." Note, that's different to saying, "we never had a conversation."

As for that article, definitely not "more importantly."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
j p o wrote:
go to Foxnews.com.

Oof. I regularly read Fox News article and opinion pieces so I can avoid echo chamber news, but I've never really gone to the mothership page. Wow, it's not a good look. Even without considering content, it looks like a DailyMail/Breitbart news aggregator - just a throwing a high density of lurid headlines out there and surrounding it with a shit-ton of ads.

I guess the video/cable dominates for them, and that's where their resources are. Just foreign to me since the only time I see cable TV News is passing through hotel lobbies, etc.
-
Yeah, I'd say don't go to foxnews.com. The few times I've been have been because someone here screamed bloody murder, and I found they were largely correct. The online version of Fox is more the Tucker/Hannity, Fox and Friends side; pretty hard right. The cable version has some shows I'll watch; Cavuto, The Five, Brett Baier, and Chris Wallace on Sunday, not that I see those shows regularly, but those are the ones I find decent and will watch. Of course Cavuto and Wallace are no fans of Trump, Baier is a pretty neutral newsman, and the Five at least has a token liberal (Juan Williams).
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/trump-stays-up-all-night-with-sharpie-crossing-out-lev-parnas-in-photos-with-him?fbclid=IwAR1Ys3SDOwZyMt37Obd0VyvLrBKjIdLF8FNuHTP7sW84EFDnrcSqWPEdGNk

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
trail wrote:
j p o wrote:
go to Foxnews.com.

Oof. I regularly read Fox News article and opinion pieces so I can avoid echo chamber news, but I've never really gone to the mothership page. Wow, it's not a good look. Even without considering content, it looks like a DailyMail/Breitbart news aggregator - just a throwing a high density of lurid headlines out there and surrounding it with a shit-ton of ads.

I guess the video/cable dominates for them, and that's where their resources are. Just foreign to me since the only time I see cable TV News is passing through hotel lobbies, etc.

-
Yeah, I'd say don't go to foxnews.com. The few times I've been have been because someone here screamed bloody murder, and I found they were largely correct. The online version of Fox is more the Tucker/Hannity, Fox and Friends side; pretty hard right. The cable version has some shows I'll watch; Cavuto, The Five, Brett Baier, and Chris Wallace on Sunday, not that I see those shows regularly, but those are the ones I find decent and will watch. Of course Cavuto and Wallace are no fans of Trump, Baier is a pretty neutral newsman, and the Five at least has a token liberal (Juan Williams).

If you want to see the worst that humanity has to offer read the comments of articles on foxnews.com. They ran a story about Will Smith going to a receptionist's retirement and wow, just wow.

Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

It's utterly impossible for me to think that anyone could still pretend that supporters of the GOP value honesty. For at least a decade they've been showing you what they are and what they believe is important.

When are we, as a society, going to start believing them? When are we going to start treating them accordingly?
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [trois_pample] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
When are we, as a society, going to start believing them? When are we going to start treating them accordingly?

When either our two party system is replaced with something resembling choice, or the Democrats offer something just slightly more palatable.

'Till then, clear it off your list of hopes and dreams.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trois_pample wrote:
jmh wrote:

It's utterly impossible for me to think that anyone could still pretend that supporters of the GOP value honesty. For at least a decade they've been showing you what they are and what they believe is important.

In all seriousness, after everything their party figurehead has done... After everything they've supported... What does anyone imagine would have to happen for them to start voting for the only political party that's behaving like rational, responsible members of society?

I just can't believe we're still having conversations where we act like "honesty" is even remotely compatible with a person who supports this party.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Have you even checked your 401k?
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Have you even checked your 401k?

It's doing pretty good. But my 409k is doing so much better.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trois_pample wrote:
I just can't believe we're still having conversations where we act like "honesty" is even remotely compatible with a person who supports this party.

It's a weird thing. For my work, I recently spent two weeks out at sea on a small vessel. The skipper was a former military guy. Solid guy. Competent, honest, patriotic. Smart. I got along fine with him, and if there were some incident he'd have put his life on the line for anyone on his boat. A lot of the time we were just station-keeping and he didn't have much to do, and he'd just watch right-wing video clips on his phone all day, just glancing up to check radar, etc. Occasionally he'd comment to no one in particular, "Oh look at what fucking Schiff and Pelosi are doing now, etc."

He genuinely believes Trump is a good guy. And a liberal hoax is out to get them. That's his reality.

There's a lot of people like this guy in the U.S.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He genuinely believes Trump is a good guy. And a liberal hoax is out to get them. That's his reality.

There's a lot of people like this guy in the U.S. //

You are not wrong. But when you think about it, should we be surprised? I mean even though 3 million more people voted for Hillary, there still were 60+ million who voted for Trump. And it would be silly to believe some of the left wingers, that only old white, racist, working class, uneducated males voted for him. We have to face the facts, about 1/2 the people you know voted for this guy, and most are going to stay with him. That means buying into anything and everything that helps them get around the bad shit he has been doing. I see a lot of that going on around me. I'm a bit encouraged in some of the Christian Right community that my family is part of, there is a growing split on whether the deal with the devil was/is worth it or not. But among my regular friends, like your captain, there just seems to be no bottom, and they will either prevail once again, or go down with the ship.

And I dont really have any uneducated, racist, working class(all 3 of these together) friends to speak of, so the half of my friends that did and still support trump, are basically like me I suppose. The only difference that I see on sites like FB is that they seem to be a lot more fervent in their support, and willing to put it out there in a very negative way. I suppose that goes to the justification process they are going through, while the friends like me, just sit back and think WTF?
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw Parnas on CNN with Anderson Cooper. Very different guy than I had in my mind. He appears to have reached Scaramucci Stage.

But I'm sure it's all the other guys that are lying and not Trump.

Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Just saw Parnas on CNN with Anderson Cooper. Very different guy than I had in my mind. He appears to have reached Scaramucci Stage.

Parnas echoed much of what others like Sondland testified to. In fact, all the testimonies align. Anyone who believes Trump's denials and that this is all a hoax, is frankly an idiot.

But I still think there is more to come that could be even worse for Trump's camp. Watch MSNBC in 10 minutes...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
j p o wrote:

Parnas echoed much of what others like Sondland testified to. In fact, all the testimonies align. Anyone who believes Trump's denials and that this is all a hoax, is frankly an idiot.

But I still think there is more to come that could be even worse for Trump's camp. Watch MSNBC in 10 minutes...

I wouldn’t watch msnbc under any circumstance...
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [Amstel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amstel wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
j p o wrote:

I wouldn’t watch msnbc under any circumstance...

Of course you wouldn't. I don't normally, but hearing Parnas talk about Rick Perry and Mike Pompeo will be interesting. Probably wouldn't fit your narrative though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

apparently the Sheriff office knew him too..
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So Jay Sekelow got the president’s permission for John Dowd to represent Lev Parnas (there is a letter proving this to be true), but yet Trump claims he doesn’t know Parnas.
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:

apparently the Sheriff office knew him too..

You have to wonder why Rudy and Don would hang out with dudes like this. I'm betting you wouldn't, so why would they?

Quote Reply

Prev Next