Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lev Parnas interview [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the GOP has become a criminal organization. It is time for a real special council. Trump, Barr, Pompeo, and Nunes, and probably Graham and McConnell should resign today. I hope the voting public holds them accountable. Because the next AG needs to prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
Looks like the GOP has become a criminal organization. It is time for a real special council. Trump, Barr, Pompeo, and Nunes, and probably Graham and McConnell should resign today. I hope the voting public holds them accountable. Because the next AG needs to prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.

0.0001% chance that happens. That's probably generous.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
xtremrun wrote:

0.0001% chance that happens. That's probably generous.

Oh I know. As long as we have a propaganda entertainment network brainwashing 40% of America things are only going to get worse. If the Senate stands behind Trump we will have another Putin.
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha Ha and right on cue we have a New disease ridden Caravan of migrants headed this way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rudy a month ago: “I certainly am not going to disavow them. I have no reason to doubt them. Everything I’ve known about them says they would not commit a crime,”

Rudy now: “Who cares?” he says in text. “Believe him at your peril.” Adds that he feels sorry for “him and his family.”

(the big issue for this and the president - on top of the allegations, some of which are backed up with documents - is why does the president surround himself with people who 1) he calls very trustworthy, 2) then calls liars. This does not seem like "the best" people arguments we heard.
Last edited by: patentattorney: Jan 16, 20 6:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In a normal world where Republican Senators weren't afraid of Trump all of this would be a bombshell and the death blow to any discussion of acquittal.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That explains the stance of GOP Senators and members of the House, but what is the defense for people like ACE and Spntrxi who say this is just all politics on both sides?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
That explains the stance of GOP Senators and members of the House, but what is the defense for people like ACE and Spntrxi who say this is just all politics on both sides?

Fox Noise and Limbaugh and the rest of the Alt right spin machine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

That a fair question for them. I forget, did they vote from him or not?

I'm not sure that Fox or Rush are an adequate explanation. "But my 409k" seems like pretty insignificant hill to die on. As does "judicial."

I doubt we will truly understand.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you think trump has added materially to economy? Would Karich or Jeb following Ryan lead have done just as well with their likely economic plans? Trump really doesn’t have plan other than vote buying....well guess dems buy votes too, but seems like social justice beats trickle down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ukraine FINALLY announces an investigation...

https://www.foxnews.com/...chment-document-dump
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
Do you think trump has added materially to economy? Would Karich or Jeb following Ryan lead have done just as well with their likely economic plans? Trump really doesn’t have plan other than vote buying....well guess dems buy votes too, but seems like social justice beats trickle down.

Short answer no.

I have yet to see evidence that there are many decisions or executive actions that a President can take to positively impact the economy within his term.

I don't think his tariffs, the tax cut as executed, or the current budget deficit ($1.10T for 2020 any only adds to an insane amount of debt) are in the best interest of this nation short or long term.

Sure, the stock market has improved... but not at an exceptional rate compared to his predecessors in the last 50 years.

So to your second question, I think had Jeb or Kasich not done tariffs or the tax cut we would have been better off.

Suffer Well.
Last edited by: jmh: Jan 16, 20 7:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
In a normal world where Republican Senators weren't afraid of Trump all of this would be a bombshell and the death blow to any discussion of acquittal.

Time magazine Aug 05 1974, "The fateful vote to impeach"

In our normal world of 1974, after seven months of investigation by the House Judiciary Committee, and with the Supreme Court earlier that week weighing in on the matter of releasing tapes of oval office discussions, 6 otherwise obscure Republican Congressmen joined with all 21 Democratic Congressman to vote out articles to impeach 27-11.

"The degree of bipartisanship in the judiciary vote was larger than had been expected, and it effectively rebutted the increasingly shrill claims from White House officials that the impeachment inquiry was a highly partisan "witch hunt" and that the committee amounted to a "kangaroo court".

Nixon then knew the cracks had formed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

I get that news organizations like to give their slant. But this is beyond the pale. Right now, go to Foxnews.com. Ctrl-F for "Parnas". Nothing. Do the same for "Yovan" and the only hit is "Donald Trump Jr. accuses Yovanovitch of 'monitoring' him, other Americans"

I know the right wing people here like to piss and moan about how every news org is biased. But this shit isn't comparable.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

See my post above for historical explanation and comparison. I can't speak for those guys. In no way is this all politics as there is plenty of there there. However it was never fairly allowed to gain bipartisanship and so it remains purely partisan.

Parnas, and a host of other rocks yet to be turned over are out there but are they in the impeach process?, subpoenas have been issued and ignored or subpoenas have not been issued; matters of legit, as well as pure BS, executive privilege are yet out there to be invoked or not; there remains complete stonewalling; and then there was the rush to impeach with a rock solid case on the grounds of impending doom and the weight of national security concerns only to then back off that grave concern of national security threat with a 4 week delay so that a couple four Republican Senators could bring themselves to revolt for witnesses.

Best case now going forward is the show trial with dirty linen hung out to dry. You want it bad you get it bad. Did not we have a whole bunch of threads and posts back in the Mueller days about the inherent badness in partisan impeaching?

Let Trump play the reality TV star he thinks himself to be. That is where we may end up. He will be as perfect as he was on his call. Ratings like never seen before on a performance of national embarrassment hopefully never to be seen again.
Last edited by: gofigure: Jan 16, 20 7:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
Gphin picked heck of a time to come back.....

Mikey snuck back, or Slowman generously allowed a banned poster to come back under a new name to entertain the LR.
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure why he was banned, just obnoxious, unless I missed some of his posts which too many quotes in them...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Re Nunes:

We met a few times at Trump hotel. Then I was introduced to his aide Derek Harvey and told Nunes couldn’t get too involved because he was on the Ethics Committee. Nunes already knew a lot of what was going on. I was in shock watching the hearings with Nunes chairing the hearing, and it was hard and scary to see them lie so much.

Why is it that I keep thinking of the Blue Parrot and Signor Ferrari and not Rick's Cafe whenever there is mention of the Trump Hotel in DC.?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
Not sure why he was banned, just obnoxious, unless I missed some of his posts which too many quotes in them...

I'm not a fan of banning but Slowman covered it here.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ing=slowman#p7069066
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Once again, evidence emerges that reaffirms the sworn testimony implicating Trump and co., and nothing that conflicts or exonerates.

But, as we all know by now, it’s just more smoke without fire. Nothing to see here.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kevin McCarthy says Parnas "lacks credibility" and "I don't know him" (despite photos of them together).

Maybe - crazy idea - we should hear from the likes of Bolton, Mulvaney, Perry, Barr, Giuliani, Pompeo etc. under oath, so we can learn if Parnas lacks credibility or not.

Rick Perry and Pompeo will be discussed by Parnas tonight.
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
tyrod1 wrote:
From the right “ it’s ok, cuz he is OUR lying sack of shit. Forget? Hell!

Fox News current headline:
Parnas, in rare interview, undermines House Dems' claims that Trump team surveilled Ukraine ambassador

Is Fox News really running a headline that is basically "Man Says He Was Not Involved in Crime." I mean his explanation does not explain why she was evacuated because of a threat to her security. And most importantly it does not explain why he said, "she’s not going to get away".

Now he may be right and it may be nothing, but I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the fact he did not admit to it on television. He was very careful to not mention anything that could be a crime, including making sure that he said he was working for the President, so he could say he did not violate FARA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha Ha and right on cue we have a New disease ridden Caravan of migrants headed this way.

I was way off. I bet someone yesterday that there would be another terrorist planning an imminent attack taken out or a few bombs lobbed into Iran. Forgot about the old caravan of migrants...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That a fair question for them. I forget, did they vote from him or not?

No one here voted for him.

You must be new around here.
Quote Reply
Re: Lev Parnas interview [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
go to Foxnews.com.

Oof. I regularly read Fox News article and opinion pieces so I can avoid echo chamber news, but I've never really gone to the mothership page. Wow, it's not a good look. Even without considering content, it looks like a DailyMail/Breitbart news aggregator - just a throwing a high density of lurid headlines out there and surrounding it with a shit-ton of ads.

I guess the video/cable dominates for them, and that's where their resources are. Just foreign to me since the only time I see cable TV News is passing through hotel lobbies, etc.
Quote Reply

Prev Next