Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2019/20 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
I may have missed this, but is there any way of seeing what we've achieved in past 100/100 challenges?

I was able to get the following just by replacing the # at the end of the challenge URL for 2019/20 - don't know that Eric archived anything earlier, as the 2016/17 is #1.

2016/2017 results

2017/2018 results

2018/2019 results

YEAH HEIDELFIX! Hope you're able to achieve your goal of returning to running - please keep us posted on your progress!

Quote | Reply
Oooh, thanks!

Last year I was at 41 runs so maybe I'll make it to 50 this year. (The year before I was at 26.)
Time to start stacking the deck by moving Friday's long run to Sunday lol
Quote Reply
Re: 2019/20 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
Last year I was at 41 runs so maybe I'll make it to 50 this year. (The year before I was at 26.)

That's a good progression!!!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: 2019/20 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since we are still airing grievances - waaaahhhhhhh - I'm signed up for a 25km trail "race" (it's going to be a walk/jog) on Nov 30. If I sign up for the 100/100 I'll be starting off at a disadvantage - no idea how long it will take me to recover and I can't even count it. :(
Quote Reply
Re: 2019/20 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear ya!

Here is the upcoming traditional ridiculousness, which also won't even count for 100/100

Thursday:
2019 Alice's Restaurant Massacree*
- 18:34 out [run time of "Alice's Restaurant"] turn around & come back the same route [should be about 5 miles, depending on route & if I have to wait for a stoplight or not]

Friday:
TENTH Annual Screaming Tortise Black Friday 20K Solo Relay**
- Starting at 5 or 6AM or so, run four 5Ks, separated by at least 4 hours ... if need be, the final 5K can be done the following day

~ Concurrent with ~

Black Friday Record Store Day Challenge - Choose a song, an album, an album SIDE, an EP, what have you. Guesstimate how much ground you'll cover in that time and that is your goal. Then "drop the needle" and go!!! If you beat your mark you win; if you don't ... you STILL Win!!!

I chose "Bitches Brew" by Miles Davis which clocks in at 26:59 = good for a 5K, I'd say

Bibs are on display at my IG

HISTORY:

* Looking back in my old blog posts & links, the original format for the "Alice's Restaurant Massacree" was a virtual 25K or 50K completed between Thursday and Sunday with the clock starting with your first run, and ending when you completed which distance you signed up for.

Over the years, I forgot that part and turned it into a time trial, but kind of rolled the concept into the 20K solo relay

** My first coach [AKA “La Tortuga”] would do this while on business travel. She'd do three miles on the hotel Dreadmill in the morning, 3 more at lunch [preferably outside], ANOTHER 3 before dinner [again, preferably outside] and finish up with a final three at bedtime on the ‘Mill

Last edited by: RandMart: Nov 27, 19 10:34
Quote Reply
Re: 2019/20 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another one with a hearty grievance about the start date. Quad Dipsea is on 11/30! So that's 28 miles and 5+ hours that I won't be able to count and I'll probably be out for the better part of next week. Grievance!

Ok, maybe this will actually help me get out the door for easy recovery stuff.

So I'm in again for another go. Was injured last year for basically all of the challenge, but I think I've gotten to 100 a few times before. Not much of a triathlete these days, but it will be good motivation to not skip Mondays and easy doubles in the lead-up to Boston.

Now I just have to figure out the Strava integration.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019/20 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [mstange22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mstange22 wrote:
Now I just have to figure out the Strava integration.

You don't really have to, if it puts stress on your system; manual inputs count, too

Quote Reply
Re: 2019/20 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems to be working! Much more better than the manual entries for me. That was kind of a PITA as I recall to remember all of the fields to fill in - there were like 3! Although it was kinda nice to check in on a daily basis.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019/20 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [SkipS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shush! I don't want to think about it. Sunday is supposed to be my day off... 🙄
Quote Reply
Re: 2019/20 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really REALLY hat eto ask this, but since Erik was able to tweak the app to accept 30 minutes OR 3 miles as the minimum run, maybe a further tweak for NEXT YEAR ... a wave start?

< GASP!!! >

Three challenges: one starting 11/15, one starting 12/1, and one starting 12/15 [as has been traditional]

Grievances opens on 11/1*
All three get locked down on 11/14
You can only join one, and you can't drop out and switch to another

* The MAIN Grievance [that 5K should also be a minimum - for the Lickety Split types] has been resolved, so what more do we need to bitch about?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heresy! Next thing someone will suggest a self seeded stream start. Pick you own day anywhere between 15 Nov, and 25 Dec.

No one will ever be able to tell who's in the lead. Will we need virtual body marking? What's the internet equivalent of putting your age group on your calf?
Quote Reply
Re: 2019/20 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the internet equivalent of putting your age group on your calf? //

Well the wiping it off with sunscreen might be analogous to posting anonymously? I wouldn't mind the 2 or 3 start dates, as long as you stay in your lane..
Quote Reply
Re: 2019/20 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey! This is a running thread...

Keep your fish metaphors over in approved fish threads! /pink
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:

Stay in YOUR lane, Tom

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Tom_hampton wrote:

Stay in YOUR lane, Tom

THAT occurred to me after I posted. But, I chose to just lean into it! I expected Monty to give me shit for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good man!!!!

Quote Reply
Re: 2019/20 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [SkipS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I'll sign up, but at the moment my physiotherapist is restricting my running to every other day and focus on hip flexibility and lower core first. Making good progress though and have another appointment next week Friday. Won't make 100/100, but myabe 70/100.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019/20 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have any "grievances" to air but I will say that I started running at least 2 miles every day last year on 4 Sept 2018, then upped that minimum to 30 min at the start of last year's 100/100, and have continued to run at least 30 min every day since then. Thus I have run at last 2 mi/day for 451 days in a row now, and 30 min or more per day for about 345 days now. I have upped my running mileage from an avg of 25 mi/wk in past yrs to about 34.5 mi/wk for 2019 yr to date, and should hit 35.0 mi/wk for the year. I know that most of you think of me as mainly a swimmer, but I also run. That is all. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: 2019/20 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will there be finisher medals?

If we compete the 100 in a 100 what is the preferred tattoo to get?
Quote Reply
Re: 2019/20 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Basically on the couch for the last year, 27 run miles in 2019 after a solid 2018. What could possibly go wrong. I'm in
Quote Reply
Re: 2019/20 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [gbtrinride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aaaaaand I'm out before I start. Plantar fasciitis came outta nowhere last week. 35+ years of running, this is a first.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: 2019/20 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Aaaaaand I'm out before I start. Plantar fasciitis came outta nowhere last week. 35+ years of running, this is a first.

There are 100 days....my greivance is that you can take 50 days off and do 100 runs in 50 days and catch up. No wussification permitted and whining about injuries before the overtraining begins. I thought we had a rule that you can only whine about injuries after you do 50 runs in 25 days and end up in the hurt locker....everyone else, we're on a collective group of the walking wounded sucking it up on the path to doing less heroics than Kiphchoge drafting a Chevron formation of East African skinny guys, but dammit we'll do our own heroics once the 100 days expires and we won't have Tesla Pace cars, fancy Nike cheater shoes and rotating groups of East African pacers to help us shave off our PBs AND we'll be hauling around our several 10's of pounds of embedded Bioprene (TM) that slows us down at least more so than Kipchoge or that fat Chris Froome.

Now where is the festivus pole? A few more days till the feats of strength start. I gotta get my act together. I have the Dubai 70.3 in 70 days...YIKES...and my layer of Bioprene (TM) is not helping. I need to use this challenge to try to converge to the ST approved aerobic nothingness look that is somewhere between a fat Froome and a ripped Kipchoge!

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 2019/20 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
mck414 wrote:

, but dammit we'll do our own heroics once the 100 days expires and we won't have Tesla Pace cars, fancy Nike cheater shoes and rotating groups of East African pacers to help us shave off our PBs AND we'll be hauling around our several 10's of pounds of embedded Bioprene (TM) that slows us down at least more so than Kipchoge or that fat Chris Froome.

Dev

I'm counting on the 100 swims in 100 days after the 100 Runs/100 days to get to acceptable weight. am I wrong?
Quote Reply
Re: 2019/20 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just to clarify, are we going with the 30 min run or 5 km as minimums?
If yes, which I’m fine with, does the same basic rule apply that indicates that runs under 30 minutes can be made up the next session? For instance, I run 4.4 km in the morning (in 21 minutes), would I have to run 39 mins in the following session or just 5.6 km?
Sorry for complicating matters.
Ciao,
Quote Reply
Re: 2019/20 100 Runs in 100 Days Airing of the Grievances Thread [gbtrinride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gbtrinride wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
mck414 wrote:

, but dammit we'll do our own heroics once the 100 days expires and we won't have Tesla Pace cars, fancy Nike cheater shoes and rotating groups of East African pacers to help us shave off our PBs AND we'll be hauling around our several 10's of pounds of embedded Bioprene (TM) that slows us down at least more so than Kipchoge or that fat Chris Froome.

Dev

I'm counting on the 100 swims in 100 days after the 100 Runs/100 days to get to acceptable weight. am I wrong?

The 100 swims in 100 days or therabouts is roughly the program I am on. In the last four years (including this year), I have swam 2016 382 hrs, 2017 398 hrs, 2018 410 hrs, and 2019 362 hrs (to date should hit 400 hrs for the year). All that is happening is I am getting fatter and fatter. I need go on the Kipchoge approved 800 hrs per year running program, but sadly my body would not withstand that. So I am on the 800 hrs per year target of doing stuff that seemingly makes me heavier....oh well.
Quote Reply

Prev Next