Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training App Options
Quote | Reply
Looking for a good training app. I have tried TrainerRoad but I need a little more stimulus to keep motivated. I have been using Zwift, but not tried their plans out yet. Just wondering if anyone has tried a Zwift plan and had any success with it. Also wondering what other training apps anyone is using.
Quote Reply
Re: Training App Options [tedk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I enjoy The Sufferfest app. The videos are quite tongue-in-cheek, and can be cheesy in some parts, but the workouts are challenging. I believe you can get a 7-day free trial.

"I drank what?!?!" - Socrates
Poor Swimmer. Weak Cyclist. Slow Runner.
TriDot Ambassador / Sacramento Triathlon Club
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey there Ted. David from The Sufferfest here. If you're looking for some seriously immersive and motivating workouts, then have a look at us. (Here's a little example: ). We have a 14-day free trial, that includes access to all of our cycling, yoga for cyclists, strength training for cyclists and mental toughness workouts as well as all of our training plans. Check us out at http://www.thesufferfest.com.

David McQuillen
Founder & CEO of The Sufferfest
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Zwift for my own riding, especially over the NZ winter. I like it for my coaching, as I can design sessions in both Today's Plan and TrainingPeaks that riders can easily download. I have used the plans and sessions for a bit of variety and it's quite a cool way to do intervals especially if the session has lots of stops and starts, or over/unders etc. I have lots of friends that use the plans and they say they are making good progress.

Hamish Ferguson: Cycling Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Zwift plans are ok, they are very vanilla. If you want something more suited to a personalized plan TR (which I used for a year and was quite good) or Sufferfest will be better. If you like an individualized adaptive program and don't need the video stimulus use Xert. You can improve on pretty much any training program if you are consistent but if you want more bang for the buck do Xert or Sufferfest. Just my two cents.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TrainerRoad + one of the following should give you all the stimulus you need:
  1. Netflix
  2. Amazon Prime Video
  3. NBC Gold cycling
  4. FloBikes

Matthew
Twitter: @AlphaDogCycling
Instagram: @AlphaDogCycling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tedk wrote:
Looking for a good training app.
Ray (DC) Maker should have his trainer app post out "soon."
Quote Reply
Re: Training App Options [alphadogcycling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alphadogcycling wrote:
TrainerRoad + one of the following should give you all the stimulus you need:
  1. Netflix
  2. Amazon Prime Video
  3. NBC Gold cycling
  4. FloBikes
there are some days that netflix / prime video doesnt suit the type of workout at all for me. the are def good for Z1 easy stuff.

for a while i was manually building TR workouts inside of Zwift when i was using the TR plans. I've since shifted to a monthly paid coaching service (80/20 endurance) that uploads all of my workouts in training peaks, and training peaks syncs up with Zwift... my workout is sitting there waiting for me when i log into zwift for that day. works out really well.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Training App Options [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WKO5 and PerfPro mainly because I prefer pay once apps and they both serve me well. I already have plenty of ongoing never ending subscriptions in other things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shorter/higher intensity Sufferfest is super engaging and gets the job done really well.
longer/easier stuff just control the trainer with the Garmin and binge watch netflix/hulu/amazon/etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just my $0.02:

TR has great plans
Sufferfest has great plans *and* the immersive video/music is great *but* it can get repetitive when you do the same workout several times. Also, everyone has different taste in music so Sufferfest is very much a YMMV type of proposition in this regard IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might be aware, but if not you can quickly import workouts from Training Peaks into Zwift. This opens the door to a lot of different training plans from different sources. It's pretty easy to do, even from your phone and the TP app.

Then the workout shows up in Zwift with whatever device you normally run it from, pretty much like their native ones do.
Quote Reply
Re: Training App Options [txtyree] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still looking for a Zwift replacement. Not interested in social aspect just looking for virtual courses with realistic gradients and good UI. Looking at Kinomap, BigringVR, and Rouvy, and user information would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Training App Options [The Sufferfest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anynews on apple TV sufferfest? I used the app last year on a PC and enjoyed it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tedk wrote:
Still looking for a Zwift replacement. Not interested in social aspect just looking for virtual courses with realistic gradients and good UI. Looking at Kinomap, BigringVR, and Rouvy, and user information would be appreciated.
Check out onelap, it's good but be aware it's in Chinese and only partially translated.

Free though.
Quote Reply
Re: Training App Options [jroden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jroden wrote:
Anynews on apple TV sufferfest? I used the app last year on a PC and enjoyed it

We've got a rough beta of it going and our design team is working on finishing designs for it, but current development focus is (finally) getting Android SUF app finished. Having said that, if you have a Mac or any iOS device you can screen mirror to your AppleTV. Not as good as having an AppleTV app, of course, but works a treat.

David McQuillen
Founder & CEO of The Sufferfest
Quote Reply