Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I tried AirPods and Powerbeats Pro for a week. [kajukenbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajukenbo wrote:
The around the ear design of the Powerbeats is one of my biggest concerns. I had several older wired headphones that I stopped using because it was either have the headphones or have my shades/glasses.

Has anyone with the Powerbeats used them with eye wear? Positive or negative feedback?

Caveat I haven’t specifically used the PowerBeats Pro - but exclusively use the over the ear style headphones like them. I hate the in ear only style.

It’s never been an issue for me. I just rest my sunglasses above them, so they’re a few mm higher at my ears than without earbuds on. But I never notice the difference and while working out zero issue.

YMMV, but never been an issue for me.
Quote Reply
Re: I tried AirPods and Powerbeats Pro for a week. [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Airpods 1 and 2 are not sweat or water resistant. There are rumors Gen 3 will be.

They are absolutely water resistant. Yes, I know they make no claims about water resistance. But trust me, they have some of the best water/sweat resistance of any earbuds out there. I sweat enough on a 2 hr run/ride that I have killed several IPX-7 rated earbuds. My apple gen2 airpods though go through everything.

Cnet just tested it themselves, check it out:

https://www.cnet.com/...axy-buds-water-test/

I would absolutely endorse airpods for diehard sweatfest workouts. In fact, I'd say the longevity of the airpods to diehard sweating is its best feature compared to its competitors for triathlon-specific usage, since everyone else's IPX ratings are clearly questionable if I can kill so many of them repeatedly.
Quote Reply
Re: I tried AirPods and Powerbeats Pro for a week. [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might want to make sure your warranty covers sweat or water or you may be out of luck. I’ll wait for Gen 3.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: I tried AirPods and Powerbeats Pro for a week. [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
You might want to make sure your warranty covers sweat or water or you may be out of luck. I’ll wait for Gen 3.

Doesn't matter to me at this point. As the CNET review points out, they are very, very water resistant. But yes, if you want to wait (a LONG time) for Gen3, that will hopefully come with a warrantee.

If these things failed a significant amount of time from sweat, we def would have heard about it here on ST by now as there are many users on these forums. I can't even recall a single one thus far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gen3 is rumored to be this Fall or early 2020. I want a pair. I have the PowerBeats3

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: I tried AirPods and Powerbeats Pro for a week. [gguerini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also in the use "relatively" cheap headphones for sweating activities. They will break, that is a sure thing, I sweat a LOT, and it is high salt content so any electronics are going to be punished. I've been using the JBL Endurance Sprint phones for a little over a year with no issues other then the on earphone controls are junk. Yes, it turns on perfectly, but I even have a hard time turning it off, never mind the volume and track controls. It has the over the ear clip, which I love since I don't have to fuss with it at all during the run, and the short connecting wire between the two isn't really noticeable at all. And for less than $50 or so, not too bad.

Worst part is if someone calls you and you have the buds paired, there is no hope of answering the call. There is no mic, so the iPhone will try to connect through BT but nothing is there, and it immediately hangs up. You would need to turn them off and hope the person calls you back. Resting them around your neck will only turn them back on mid call, and they'll reconnect to the phone and hang up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a pair of Gen 2 Airpods, and they failed from sweat. Apple wouldn't cover them, fortunately I bought them at Costco, and I was straight with them, and they still said no problem and refunded me. Before the failure, I did like them and will have to weigh out the Beats versus the future Gen 3. My only other dislike of the airpods was I would have prefered a little fuller (bassier??) sound. They were comfortable, and stayed in my ears while running with no issues.
Quote Reply
Re: I tried AirPods and Powerbeats Pro for a week. [clydecat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
clydecat wrote:
I had a pair of Gen 2 Airpods, and they failed from sweat. Apple wouldn't cover them, fortunately I bought them at Costco, and I was straight with them, and they still said no problem and refunded me. Before the failure, I did like them and will have to weigh out the Beats versus the future Gen 3. My only other dislike of the airpods was I would have prefered a little fuller (bassier??) sound. They were comfortable, and stayed in my ears while running with no issues.

You're the first I've heard!
Quote Reply
Re: I tried AirPods and Powerbeats Pro for a week. [Vilen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have Bluetooth beats like those, but mine are the prior model. There is a cord that attaches the left to right. Scored them on bestbuy.com at a half of deal.

They have worked great and battery life is good as well. I use them solely for running. I went with them as I felt the loop ear was safer and would not fall out.
Quote Reply
Re: I tried AirPods and Powerbeats Pro for a week. [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had the same experiences. I have the Powerbeats Pro and my wife has the 2nd generation AirPods. The charging case of the Powerbeats is huge compared to the AirPod case. There's no wireless charging for the Powerbeats. You can't program custom tap controls on the Powerbeats. Besides those few things, I love the Powerbeats for every other category. For me, they sound better, fit better, and last longer.

https://www.tecklyfe.com/...-airpods-comparison/

I have to use the larger ear tips to get a good seal, and after 2+ hours sometimes they'll make my ears sore. If I use the other tips I don't get a good seal and the sound is noticeably worse.

I use the Powerbeats for commuting, at my desk, and working out (gym, running, on bike trainer).

I haven't checked the AirPods, but with the Powerbeats, if you take them out and put them on a desk, they'll still drain the battery unless they're in the case. The only way they completely turn off is in the case. I put them on my desk one day after a run, then went to use them on my bike trainer the next day and they were almost dead. Just a note for those that might not be aware of this.

Rob Russell
TeckLyfe
Quote Reply
Re: I tried AirPods and Powerbeats Pro for a week. [Vilen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried Jaybird but they are junk. I lost count how many pairs they had to replace before they finally told me to get lost. Even though it was almost a year, I received a partial refund after I complained via BBB. I now use cheap ones from Amazon. They've lasted over a year with zero issues. Running and biking in 80+ degree heat and they keep working. Every time Jaybird shows up in my social media feed, I link the Amazon headphones. :)

I bought my wife Airpods and she swears by them. She is a ballet dancer and spends a lot of time in gym. She has no issues with them falling out. After Jaybird I can't bring myself to spend a lot of money on headphones.

Quote | Reply
Quote Reply

Prev Next