Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Slavery reparations - The dem's plan to win in 2020
Quote | Reply
Trump looks better everyday;

"The question of slavery reparations for black Americans was the subject of a fiery and emotional House Judiciary Committee hearing Wednesday as Democrats called for measures to address America’s “original sin” -- while Republicans described such payments as an “injustice” and “almost certainly unconstitutional.”

But why stop here? Were any of your ancestors Jewish, Irish or Italian? If they were, you know they were discriminated against, you should be able to cash in too. Let's pay up and then all of America's sins will be magically washed away.

https://www.foxnews.com/...-slavery-reparations

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Last edited by: jkca1: Jun 19, 19 12:34
Quote Reply
Re: Slavery Repetitions - The dem's plan to win in 2020 [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what are "Slavery repetitions"
Quote Reply
Re: Slavery Repetitions - The dem's plan to win in 2020 [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

I think that is the Republican's plan.
Quote Reply
Re: Slavery Repetitions - The dem's plan to win in 2020 [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Trump looks better everyday;"

No.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Slavery Repetitions - The dem's plan to win in 2020 [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strong work!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Have to give kudos where kudos are due.. Nice work!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:

"The question of slavery reparations for black Americans was the subject of a fiery and emotional House Judiciary Committee hearing Wednesday as Democrats called for measures to address America’s “original sin” -- while Republicans described such payments as an “injustice” and “almost certainly unconstitutional.”

But why stop here? Were any of your ancestors Jewish, Irish or Italian? If they were, you know they were discriminated against, you should be able to cash in too. Let's pay up and then all of America's sins will be magically washed away.

I am not in favor of reparations.

But the way you trivialize the history of how African's were forcibly brought to this country in a slave trade by comparing it to voluntary immigration has me reconsidering. I mean, yeah, it is almost the same thing, right?
Quote Reply
Re: Slavery Repetitions - The dem's plan to win in 2020 [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
jkca1 wrote:

I am not in favor of reparations.

But the way you trivialize the history of how African's were forcibly brought to this country in a slave trade by comparing it to voluntary immigration has me reconsidering. I mean, yeah, it is almost the same thing, right?

I don't mean to trivialize slavery. I think the idea of reparations is absurd. Clear enough?

Quote Reply
Re: Slavery Repetitions - The dem's plan to win in 2020 [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

Typo fixed. but I haven't seen anyone above comment on what a great idea this is, so we must all agree that it's bat shit stupid right?

Last edited by: jkca1: Jun 19, 19 12:28
Quote Reply
Re: Slavery Repartitions - The dem's plan to win in 2020 [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is not something I would support. It is not something I benefited from nor were responsible for. It is a losing issue in an election.
Quote Reply
Re: Slavery Repartitions - The dem's plan to win in 2020 [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about going after those who brought them here like French, Dutch, Spaniards, Portuguese etc? Demand reparations from them too. There is money to be made. Also, don't forget the African chiefs who sold their people or in other way cooperated with slave traders. There is money to be made there too. And why limit the reparations to good ol' US? South America is full of slave descendants. Of course, there is slavery in Asia and within Africa but those are not as cool as going after America. Yeah, baby, there is money to be made.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Typo fixed. but I haven't seen anyone above comment on what a great idea this is, so we must all agree that it's bat shit stupid right?

Strike two...are repartitions like when you put a wall back up where there had been one before, but it had been torn down at some point?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:

I don't mean to trivialize slavery. I think the idea of reparations is absurd. Clear enough?

It is amazing how easy it is NOT to trivialize slavery...yet... you felt the need to go there to make your point. Don't worry I am sure many will make the same point...something about ignorance and company?
Quote Reply
Re: Slavery Repetitions - The dem's plan to win in 2020 [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wimsey wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Strike two...are repartitions like when you put a wall back up where there had been one before, but it had been torn down at some point?

I picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue.

Quote Reply
Re: Slavery Repetitions - The dem's plan to win in 2020 [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
jkca1 wrote:

It is amazing how easy it is NOT to trivialize slavery...yet... you felt the need to go there to make your point. Don't worry I am sure many will make the same point...something about ignorance and company?

You think he was trivializing slavery? Holy shit, snowflake, get a fucking life. How many Social Justice Warrior points are you getting for these posts?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
wimsey wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

I picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue.

Lol
Quote Reply
Re: Slavery reparations - The dem's plan to win in 2020 [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meanwhile, former NFL player and conservative author Burgess Owens pointed to the Democratic Party as historically responsible for injustices against black Americans, from slavery to the Ku Klux Klan to the literacy rates for black Americans in Democratic states and cities.
"How about the Democratic Party pay for all the misery brought to my race, and those who after they learn our history decide to stay there ... and every white American, Republican or Democrat that feels guilty because of their white skin should need to pony up also -- that way we can get past this reparation and recognize that this country has given us greatness," he said.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I'm starting to think the Dems want a civil war. Slavery was practiced by Native Americans long before the Europeans came along. So is this America's "original sin" or are we only counting when whites owned slaves?
Quote Reply
Re: Slavery reparations - The dem's plan to win in 2020 [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On one hand there is not any sense at all in reparations. On the other hand we also know that minorities were systematically excluded from accumulating wealth for a very long time. On another hand laws have been in place for decades to prevent that. On another hand we know those laws have been repeatedly ignored in a lot of areas for a very long time. On another hand that seems to have become much more rare over time.

We also know that the most vile racists found a home in both parties and in all walks of life through the 60's.

Even if you did think they were 'deserved', I don't think you could implement reparations in any way that would actually address the claimed concerns

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Slavery reparations - The dem's plan to win in 2020 [PrinceMax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PrinceMax wrote:
I'm starting to think the Dems want a civil war. Slavery was practiced by Native Americans long before the Europeans came along. So is this America's "original sin" or are we only counting when whites owned slaves?

Wow. How exactly did you get wanting a civil war out of this?

And are you seriously suggesting that the Native Americans, who the US Government systematically removed from their lands and took over control of those lands, are *checks notes* responsible for the slavery of Africans?

Wow. Strong play there.
Quote Reply
Re: Slavery reparations - The dem's plan to win in 2020 [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Meanwhile, former NFL player and conservative author Burgess Owens pointed to the Democratic Party as historically responsible for injustices against black Americans, from slavery to the Ku Klux Klan to the literacy rates for black Americans in Democratic states and cities.
"How about the Democratic Party pay for all the misery brought to my race, and those who after they learn our history decide to stay there ... and every white American, Republican or Democrat that feels guilty because of their white skin should need to pony up also -- that way we can get past this reparation and recognize that this country has given us greatness," he said.

Wow, so Fox News found a NFL player we are supposed to listen to? That is new.
Quote Reply
Re: Slavery Repetitions - The dem's plan to win in 2020 [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
jkca1 wrote:

You think he was trivializing slavery? Holy shit, snowflake, get a fucking life. How many Social Justice Warrior points are you getting for these posts?

JSA this really isn't that hard. Tell your black friends that the problem with reparations is that it would require compensating Irish immigrants. See how that goes over with them. There are a hundred reasons why reparations are untenable. That isn't one of them. And for that matter neither is, "because that would be blacks cashing in."

I seem to have touched a nerve with you. I have no idea why.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:

How Exactly would this work? Who decides how much each person gets and where does it come from? Does each person with African American ancestry get the same percentage or is different based upon lineage?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:

Anyone in favor of reparations for slavery has to not only ignore US history where over 600,000 soldiers died in a war to end slavery, they have to ignore World history where slavery existed long before slaves were ever brought to America and continued to exist after the US outlawed slavery. In the 1700's if you had a big boat and you wanted to go into the African slave trade, you went and bought slaves. Guess who you bought them from, right, you bought them from other Africans.

So if anyone owes black Americans anything because of slavery, it's the African slave countries where their ancestors came from.

Democrats, please don't go down this road. You will lose half of the voters who want to vote for you.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply

Prev Next