Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Podcasts You Follow
Quote | Reply
I looked for a thread, and maybe missed it but -- I'm spending more and more time with podcasts. Am currently binging on

Sam Harris -- Waking Up
Tim Ferriss -- Tim Ferriss Show

these guys are prolific, and even though a lot date back a couple years the insights are useful

i love that these are conversations rather than talking heads making sound bites.

Tried Dan Carlin and really enjoyed his execution podcast, but that format is a bit too long even for me. Am less inclined to pick up where I left off than start a new one.

Anyway, what do you like?

Quote Reply
Re: Podcasts You Follow [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TrainerRoad
Zen and the Art of Triathlon
The Science of Ultra
The Flo Faster Podcast
The New York Times Daily
The Cycling Time Trial Podcast
Marginal Gains

I spend at least an hour or 2 per day commuting listening to these.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stuff You Should Know - i started late so had a lot to work through. something for everyone curious about the world
The Cycling Podcast - It's done very well and the amount of rider/DS involvement helps make the sport more interesting for me. something new every day this time of year.
Words Matter - i started when it was republican pundits Elise Jordan and Steve Schmidt and have stayed now it is Katie Barlow and Joe Lockhart (usually only something new on Mondays)

in terms of discrete serialized "stories"

The Dropout (Elizabeth Holmes story) was excellent.
Bagman - i thought Rachel did a great job in bringing the story to life, but accept she isn't for everyone. Close to the last chance to get a first hand verbal account of things that happened 45+ years ago from the lawyers involved, including Agnew's

Am downloading Chernobyl - but will binge on a trip rather than listen week to week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't listen to much but while working i'll listen to:

Riding gravel

not podcast but but the history guy on youtube

David Ramsey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sam Harris
JRE
Fighter and the Kid
Dan Carlin
The Board Room
Jocko (but not a lot)
Radio Lab

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best recent:

Bear Brook: bodies found in 55 gallon barrels in small New Hampshire town. Short series with LOTS of weird twists.
In the Dark: Season 1 was about kidnapping of a boy in Minnesota and all the police investigation fuck ups
Season 2 was about a guy who's been charged for the same crime six (I think it's 6) times and got off 5 times on technicalities usually involving racial bias. Case is now at the SCOTUS

Both of these were much better than Serial.

Against the Rules: New podcast by Michael Lewis about fairness.
Quote Reply
Re: Podcasts You Follow [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Rewatchables
We Hate Movies
538 Politics
Pod Save America
Stuff They Don't Want You to Know
The Big Picture
The Cine-Files
The Weeds (Vox)
Golf.com
Ear Hustle (San Quentin Prison)
Historical Figures
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Planet Money - Economics (NPR)
The Sporkful - Food related, but more interviews and people profiles
More or Less: Behind the Statistics - BBC Short form (7-10 minutes) economics/stats
Radio Lab - Kind of general interest...high production value
Hidden Brain - Behavioral psychology (NPR)
How I Built This - Entrepreneurship (NPR)

I tried Business Wars but found the narrator awful to listen to...felt more like a poorly dramatized audiobook.
Also tried the Malcolm Gladwell podcast, but it has since turned to a music focus and I found it terrible.
Quote Reply