Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ever replaced a trisuit chamois ?
Quote | Reply
I would really love to buy a Skinfit Streamliner Bullet trisuit because it tests really fast for me (-16 watts) - however, the chamois is almost non-existent. I`m not so sure if I could deal with the lack of even minimal padding over IM distance. I was thinking of sewing in a chamois from another suit but I`m not sure if it`s straightforward to do with these lightweight materials. Anyone done this? is it likely to be more trouble than it`s worth ?
Quote Reply
Re: Ever replaced a trisuit chamois ? [Behan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would think that once you get the placement right the sewing would be easy and work just fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a shop somewhere that does tailoring/alterations specifically for cycling garments? I've always wondered that.
Quote Reply
Re: Ever replaced a trisuit chamois ? [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.bicycling.com/...repair-bike-clothes/

Did not check which year that link is from
But here is a few shops
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curious, which tri suit(s) did you test against that gave the 16w difference?

tricalculator.com
Quote Reply
Re: Ever replaced a trisuit chamois ? [mlbTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went to the tunnel with 2 Virklon suits - they make suits from really nice breathable cool materials - but they just wouldn`t work for me (and I`ve been using them for the last two years). There was some weird interaction that interfered with the sailing effect at yaw - so the Skinfit was a 16 watt improvement on that. We also had a Castelli all out speedsuit which was about 6 watts slower than the Skinfit. To be honest I went there with the intention of mostly testing adjustments to pad and extension positions as well as helmets. The suit situation really took me by surprise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried the suits in 2016 and sent em back cause of the non existing chamois but I remember there was like a pocket where you could place another pad in. (I actually was looking inside the pack if there is a pad to put in......but with no luck)
I wouldn’t even try it cause a little comfort ain’t bad.

-shoki
Quote Reply