Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: NFL Draft [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They can get Rosen for some cheese slices.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
windywave wrote:
Yes Khalil was a horrible addition.

In what round did you draft him?

That's what a thought.

Shut up, FIB!

Have another Zima and a glass of poo water.

Stupid FIB ...

We traded our first round pick for him cow diddler. I'm okay with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Pretty much going as predicted so far. But, the Raider are up now, so, hold my beer ...

EDIT: Yep! Passed on Josh Allen for Clelin Ferrell. Wow.

It isn't that Ferrell is bad. It's just that he's a bad pick there. After losing Mack To career ending injury they needed an outside rush guy though, what? They traded Mack? No one is that stupid. You're lying.

Let's see what other off the wall picks Gruden comes up with.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Draft [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
JSA wrote:
Pretty much going as predicted so far. But, the Raider are up now, so, hold my beer ...

EDIT: Yep! Passed on Josh Allen for Clelin Ferrell. Wow.

It isn't that Ferrell is bad. It's just that he's a bad pick there. After losing Mack To career ending injury they needed an outside rush guy though, what? They traded Mack? No one is that stupid. You're lying.

Let's see what other off the wall picks Gruden comes up with.

He’s going to lock down the kicker position for years to come with their next 1st round pick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Traded up to #10 to grab the best inside linebacker on the board. Solid move. The loss of Shazier was a death blow to our defense.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gary, eh?

Rave reviews from the broadcast booth...

Quote Reply
Re: NFL Draft [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, Bears & Cowboys.

Be Uncommon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Gary, eh?

Mostly from Desmond if you're watching the Gameday crew. He's not known for being very objective. The guy never played up to his talent. I saw a breakdown of his sacks and all but a couple were against bad teams.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Draft [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
sphere wrote:
Gary, eh?

Mostly from Desmond if you're watching the Gameday crew. He's not known for being very objective. The guy never played up to his talent. I saw a breakdown of his sacks and all but a couple were against bad teams.

Could be the next Taco Charlton.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Draft [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haskins went to the Redskins. Why would they take a running QB after RGIII?

I know he isn't a running QB, just channeling my inner Stephen A Smith.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Gary, eh?

I don't get it. Brian Gutenkunst is acting like a GM who has never done this before (which is true). I don't understand their second pick. I don't understand jumping up to take Savage Jr.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually like the RB pick for the Raiders. Fills a need and not a stretch.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sashi Brown is still available as a GM.

I don't miss him.

Hopefully this is the first of many seasons where I don't have to here,"With the first pick of the NFL draft Cleveland selects..."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn. Did the Bills win the off-season again? Three-peat!?!?!

Ed Oliver falling to #9 was a gift. I look forward to seeing him in division games where he stuffs L'e'v'e'o'n' Bell, sacks Tom Brady, and... claps encouragingly as the Dolphins self-destruct.

Go Bills!

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Draft [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everyone has a chance when the records are 0-0.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:

Ed Oliver falling to #9 was a gift. I look forward to seeing him in division games where he stuffs L'e'v'e'o'n' Bell, sacks Tom Brady, and... claps encouragingly as the Dolphins self-destruct.

Go Bills!
Relatedly, the Pats went WR in the first round for the first time since Belichick has been with the team. Harry seems legit, I really hadn't seen much of him but he's a big dude, great route runner, good hands, can catch the jump ball. Seems like a tailor-made Patriots WR and they badly need some talent at that position. Belichick's draft history with WR's is underwhelming to say the least but this kid looks good, and a good roster fit.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Draft [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
Guffaw wrote:

Go Bills!

Relatedly, the Pats went WR in the first round for the first time since Belichick has been with the team. Harry seems legit, I really hadn't seen much of him but he's a big dude, great route runner, good hands, can catch the jump ball. Seems like a tailor-made Patriots WR and they badly need some talent at that position. Belichick's draft history with WR's is underwhelming to say the least but this kid looks good, and a good roster fit.

I heard he got caught cheating on the Wonderlic test and Belichick said, "We've found our guy."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
Harry seems legit

Sadly, I agree. Until Belichick stops running that organization the rest of us in the AFC East will have to be content with beating the Pats using out witty put-downs.
Damn you Belichick. Damn you to Hell.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Brownie28 wrote:
Harry seems legit

Sadly, I agree. Until Belichick stops running that organization the rest of us in the AFC East will have to be content with beating the Pats using out witty put-downs.
Damn you Belichick. Damn you to Hell.
Well the ironic thing is the typical Belichick draft is full of head-scratchers, reaches and trading down/out - the 'experts' usually hate his drafts. Draft day for Pats fans is the ultimate in testing our 'In Bill we Trust' mantra, he never ever does what people expect him to do - or thinks he should do. This is one of the few occasions he did what most teams in their situation would do: draft BPA for their biggest need.

And that scares me a bit, tbh. Is he kowtowing to pressure to give Brady weapons? There's some day 2 depth at WR, could they have gotten a DB, OL or edge rusher there and still gotten a legit receiver at 58?

Anyway, I do really really like the pick but there's a lot of draft left, and still many glaring holes on the Pats roster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's the QB plan up there now that golden boy backup is wearing red and gold? I get the feeling the plan is to wait until Brady falls apart and then sign a big name in free agency. I don't see him grooming his successor, or that would already be happening.

Is a QB ever in the draft plan?

Quote Reply
Re: NFL Draft [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Kyler Murray and I have two things in common:

1) We're both 5'10"
2) We both won't do crap in the NFL

Are we the only two people in the country that see this? If I hear one more "expert" talking about the new direction football is going I am going to throw a brick at my TV.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: NFL Draft [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
DJRed wrote:
Kyler Murray and I have two things in common:

1) We're both 5'10"
2) We both won't do crap in the NFL

Are we the only two people in the country that see this? If I hear one more "expert" talking about the new direction football is going I am going to throw a brick at my TV.
I'm an Aggie alum. Skylar sucked in the SEC. I don't see him doing well in the NFL. But hey, he's got a head coach who failed out of the Big 12. So he has that going for him, which is nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Devin Bush was the best available player at a position of need for the Broncos and they traded back. Elway is horrific in draft. It wasn't for bringing in Peyton Manning he would have been fired two years ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
What's the QB plan up there now that golden boy backup is wearing red and gold? I get the feeling the plan is to wait until Brady falls apart and then sign a big name in free agency. I don't see him grooming his successor, or that would already be happening.

Is a QB ever in the draft plan?
Jimmy G was Belichick's choice of successor, the only problem is Brady didn't regress the way he expected and the power struggle ended when Kraft sided with Brady, hence the Jimmy G trade. How do you plan for uncharted waters, you have a 41 year-old QB who's still playing at a high level and has said he thinks he can play another 3-4 years?

My guess is Belichick drafts a QB in the 3rd or 4th rounds, and either he develops into the Brady successor or they angle for a high pick in two years when the QB class looks good. Either way there's no clear 'Brady retires, X takes over' because Brady has to actually retire or be forced out/traded...I think the Pats have a rough stretch after Brady retires because he's defying the aging curves so it's impossible to have a plan in place not knowing when the wheels will fall off for them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So far the head scratcher picks are Ferrell for Oakland and Jones for NYG, especially Jones. Based on the reaction by Giants fans I wonder if a fresh turd would've been a better choice. Which brings me to:

1) Why can't the NFL conduct the draft in a day, or two? Rhetorical, we all know the answer.
2) Talking heads loves to give out grades immediately. Can't they wait until the 1st real game to do this?
3) Fans are idiots.

That is all.
Quote Reply

Prev Next