Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How Desperate are Democrats for Voters? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
read some history, bro. educate yourself. then type an opinion. or, you know, just type an opinion, because you can.

Again, no response to what I say, just implications that I’m dumb or ignorant and need to “get educated.”

Do you think republican leaders would gerrymander the districts to weaken the voting power of “predominantly black areas” if black people voted in a much less lockstep fashion almost exclusively for dems?

If the “black vote” was more contestable do you the pubs would try to “suppress” it?

Yes, or no....

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: How Desperate are Democrats for Voters? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Slowman wrote:
read some history, bro. educate yourself. then type an opinion. or, you know, just type an opinion, because you can.

Again, no response to what I say, just implications that I’m dumb or ignorant and need to “get educated.”

Do you think republican leaders would gerrymander the districts to weaken the voting power of “predominantly black areas” if black people voted in a much less lockstep fashion almost exclusively for dems?

If the “black vote” was more contestable do you the pubs would try to “suppress” it?

Yes, or no....

i don't know. it's a possible thought experiment. but it's a rhetorical, not a real, question. for 145 years the majority white people in the south really disfavored the political, social, industrial empowerment of black southerners. that worldview changed zero percent between 1865 and 1965. a lot of republican wet dreamers choose to peddle the fiction that the south has gotten over it all during my lifetime.

you think it's freak luck, a wild coincidence, an oddly shaped venn diagram, that the very people republicans are actively disenfranchising happen to be overwhelmingly black. the world didn't come into being when you were born. stuff happened prior to duffy, and that stuff informs what's going on today. reading about life-before-duffy would be a fruitful exercise.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: How Desperate are Democrats for Voters? [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Umm no I am directing my comment at you. You have this several times and in more than one thread.

sorry, wrong guy......only to midwestroadie because he doesnt know how to reply....but thanks for your concern
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Yes, or no....

i don't know. it's a possible thought experiment. but it's a rhetorical, not a real, question. for 145 years the majority white people in the south really disfavored the political, social, industrial empowerment of black southerners. that worldview changed zero percent between 1865 and 1965. a lot of republican wet dreamers choose to peddle the fiction that the south has gotten over it all during my lifetime.

you think it's freak luck, a wild coincidence, an oddly shaped venn diagram, that the very people republicans are actively disenfranchising happen to be overwhelmingly black. the world didn't come into being when you were born. stuff happened prior to duffy, and that stuff informs what's going on today. reading about life-before-duffy would be a fruitful exercise.

Wasn't it a white republican president that signed the prison reform act this past December.......although a black democrat president had years to do the same thing but never bothered to get around to it? What race does this highly benefit? Does this sound like republican disenfranchising of black population to you?
Quote Reply
Re: How Desperate are Democrats for Voters? [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
orphious wrote:
Umm no I am directing my comment at you. You have this several times and in more than one thread.

sorry, wrong guy......only to midwestroadie because he doesnt know how to reply....but thanks for your concern

Dipshit.. here is exactly what I am talking about. Your reply.. Not his. YOU. Clearly you can see YOU posted inside his quote.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Yes, or no....

Wasn't it a white republican president that signed the prison reform act this past December.......although a black democrat president had years to do the same thing but never bothered to get around to it? What race does this highly benefit? Does this sound like republican disenfranchising of black population to you?

what do you want to achieve by posting this to me? what's the outcome you're hoping for?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Yes, or no....

/northeast

what do you want to achieve by posting this to me? what's the outcome you're hoping for?

Hey, just carrying on a conversation....not hoping for any particular outcome. Just saying that while you seem to be focused on "white people" suppression of black voters.....in the south.....I'm not aware of this happening in my part of the country. But, I am aware of gerrymandering around here to ensure certain districts stay democratic And this crap includes armed black panthers intimidating whites voters here in Philadelphia which appeared to be a non-issue and swept under the carpet by Obama/Holder a few years ago. This stuff happens on both sides. Yet it was a "white" supposedly "racist" president that signed a bill that will help reengaging a large black population. I'll summarize by saying white southerners attitudes towards black voters that you have been describing doesn't describe the country in general.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
orphious wrote:

Dipshit.. here is exactly what I am talking about. Your reply.. Not his. YOU. Clearly you can see YOU posted inside his quote.

Like I said, only to midwestroadie. Having trouble understanding that? Does it make you feel more important calling people names?
Must have a lot of time on your hands if this bothers you so much.
Last edited by: gphin305: Apr 24, 19 16:54
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
orphious wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
orphious wrote:

Like I said, only to midwestroadie. Having trouble understanding that? Does it make you feel more important calling people names?

I dont give a shit if it was just to him or not. It was more than once and its fricken annoying.. Learn how to type after the little line like[/quote] It's not hard.

Oh look.. another in a different thread..
Last edited by: orphious: Apr 24, 19 16:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
Slowman wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Yes, or no....

/northeast

Hey, just carrying on a conversation....not hoping for any particular outcome. Just saying that while you seem to be focused on "white people" suppression of black voters.....in the south.....I'm not aware of this happening in my part of the country. But, I am aware of gerrymandering around here to ensure certain districts stay democratic And this crap includes armed black panthers intimidating whites voters here in Philadelphia which appeared to be a non-issue and swept under the carpet by Obama/Holder a few years ago. This stuff happens on both sides. Yet it was a "white" supposedly "racist" president that signed a bill that will help reengaging a large black population. I'll summarize by saying white southerners attitudes towards black voters that you have been describing doesn't describe the country in general.

yes. there were 2 new black panther members at a polling place in pennsylvania in 2008. that spawned more than 100 segments on fox news. since then, breitbart and facebook have taken that and run with it, with fake news ("real" fake news) that keeps propping up, like the toilet swirls backwards in australia, the lady who dried off her poodle in the microwave. so, i'm happy to have the discussion. but only a real discussion. you and me. not you, me, breitbart, and people on FB who think you're too stupid to sniff out their propaganda. deal?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
orphious wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
orphious wrote:

I dont give a shit if it was just to him or not. It was more than once and its fricken annoying.. Learn how to type after the little line like
It's not hard.[/quote]Take your comments to midwest roadie, hotshot. He started the mis-typing. I got tired of trying to figure him out. Show me another thread like you quoted above and I'll consider giving you some cred. Until then, it seems like you have too much time on your hands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
orphious wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
orphious wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
orphious wrote:

I dont give a shit if it was just to him or not. It was more than once and its fricken annoying.. Learn how to type after the little line like
It's not hard.
Take your comments to midwest roadie, hotshot. He started the mis-typing. I got tired of trying to figure him out. Show me another thread like you quoted above and I'll consider giving you some cred. Until then, it seems like you have too much time on your hands.[/quote]
All ready attached. Not as bad as in this thread but you still fail to write outside the quote. There have been other times as well... Anyway.. I'm done arguing with you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
Slowman wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Yes, or no....

/northeast

yes. there were 2 new black panther members at a polling place in pennsylvania in 2008. that spawned more than 100 segments on fox news. since then, breitbart and facebook have taken that and run with it, with fake news ("real" fake news) that keeps propping up, like the toilet swirls backwards in australia, the lady who dried off her poodle in the microwave. so, i'm happy to have the discussion. but only a real discussion. you and me. not you, me, breitbart, and people on FB who think you're too stupid to sniff out their propaganda. deal?

No problem....deal. I'm surprised there was only 100 segments on Fox. Not sure why this would be considered "fake news" though.....it actually happened and was given a lot of coverage by local Philly stations. You would of thought two armed black panthers intimidating white voters would have gotten more. Wonder how many segments were on CNN? BTW, I don't consider FB a "real" source of news. Thanks for response.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
Slowman wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
Slowman wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Yes, or no....

/northeast

No problem....deal. I'm surprised there was only 100 segments on Fox. Not sure why this would be considered "fake news" though.....it actually happened and was given a lot of coverage by local Philly stations. You would of thought two armed black panthers intimidating white voters would have gotten more. Wonder how many segments were on CNN? BTW, I don't consider FB a "real" source of news. Thanks for response.

the fake news is not whether it happened. the fake news is trying to convince you that it ever happened more than once or twice. the fake news is equating 2 bad actors at 1 polling location with 150 years of systemic treatment of slaves as second class citizens, no citizens at all, or not part of the human race. you either do, or don't, have the gene required to understand the difference.

as to your question. yes, a white president signed federal prison reform. good. very good. you aware obama was the first president, ever, to visit a federal correctional facility. and that he couldn't get a republican congress to pass prison reform, so he commuted the sentences of more federal inmates than the last 3 presidents before him combined. you know this. because you're smart, and well informed. this legislation has been in the works since the beginning of obama's 2nd term.

what really got it going in earnest was jared kushner, and this is a case we see so often, that republicans are affected when an issue affects them personally (nancy reagan on stem cell research; the cheney family on gay rights; kushner and his inmate father). great. i think it's great. i'll take it, whatever the reason. i'm happy to give everyone credit to whom credit is due, this president and the last, republicans and democrats. as i'm sure you are too.

but that is entirely separate from state legislatures systematically, for centuries, making sure black people don't vote, can't vote, can't own land, can't own their own freedoms. since the civil war republican legislatures (well, democratic legislatures post-civil-war, and then republican legislatures once LBJ stabbed southerners in the back with civil rights legislation and southerners abandoned the democratic party to move republican) are doing what they can, and overwhelmingly in the south it's the disenfranchisement of the voting rights of black people.

there's two sides to this; and you have to choose which side you'll be on. well, you've already chosen a side. but it's never too late to change.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Help me out here,please! you said that you are in Philly and there is still gerrymandering in Pa in order to maintain democratic districts. Did not the state supreme court redistrict the state in order to correct an obnoxiously gerrymandered map? I thought most folks on both sides were satisfied with the new boundaries. I do know the map looks a lot cleaner now. I know of a district in central Pa that you as a die hard republican and Trump supporter would feel right at home in. They would fall in love with you even if you did say you were originally from Philly.

What year was the incident of voter intimidation. And it is still ongoing, yes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
Slowman wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
Slowman wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Yes, or no....

/northeast

the fake news is not whether it happened. the fake news is trying to convince you that it ever happened more than once or twice. the fake news is equating 2 bad actors at 1 polling location with 150 years of systemic treatment of slaves as second class citizens, no citizens at all, or not part of the human race. you either do, or don't, have the gene required to understand the difference.

as to your question. yes, a white president signed federal prison reform. good. very good. you aware obama was the first president, ever, to visit a federal correctional facility. and that he couldn't get a republican congress to pass prison reform, so he commuted the sentences of more federal inmates than the last 3 presidents before him combined. you know this. because you're smart, and well informed. this legislation has been in the works since the beginning of obama's 2nd term.

what really got it going in earnest was jared kushner, and this is a case we see so often, that republicans are affected when an issue affects them personally (nancy reagan on stem cell research; the cheney family on gay rights; kushner and his inmate father). great. i think it's great. i'll take it, whatever the reason. i'm happy to give everyone credit to whom credit is due, this president and the last, republicans and democrats. as i'm sure you are too.

but that is entirely separate from state legislatures systematically, for centuries, making sure black people don't vote, can't vote, can't own land, can't own their own freedoms. since the civil war republican legislatures (well, democratic legislatures post-civil-war, and then republican legislatures once LBJ stabbed southerners in the back with civil rights legislation and southerners abandoned the democratic party to move republican) are doing what they can, and overwhelmingly in the south it's the disenfranchisement of the voting rights of black people.

there's two sides to this; and you have to choose which side you'll be on. well, you've already chosen a side. but it's never too late to change.

I thought about individually replying to your separate points above but didn't want to risk the wrath of orphious, so I'll summarize by paragraph.
.....can you imagine how the black panther story would have been reported if it was a couple of armed white guys intimidating black voters? enough said on that
....DJT got the bill passed and signed. Obama couldn't get the job done.....regardless of who controlled Congress. To me, one of his many examples of failed leadership.....and the phoniness of his "hope and change". I voted for the guy the first time.
.....a lot of what you describe.....can't vote, can't own land is long past history. Sure, in some parts of the country (the south) some stuff may continue to linger. But sorry, can't be convinced at this point that there is a systemic effort going on throughout the south to hinder the voting of black citizens.
.....two sides? I don't see it that way. Every American should be on the same side. I have said elsewhere in this forum for that America is the best country in the world.....and been attacked for it. May be naive but with my family history and personal experience have seen every evidence of treating all people fairly in the real world. What I have seen though over the past two years is a party that is doing everything in its power to divide the country, hinder the success of our country under this president that they despise, hinder free speech, promote "racism, sexism, anti-muslim, anti-gay, etc as an excuse for everything, tearing down our history (like ISIS) if it involves a white leader, etc etc" if you don't agree with their views. Where is the outrage about conservative speakers not being allowed on college campuses today? My parents have said they have never seen anything like it. The point of starting this thread relates to the fact that Trump won because the other party for eight years lost sight of the best interests for the "typical middle American" and a lot of people were needlessly suffering. And now, with the DJT economy booming, they are disparately trying to recover since they have no message to support/improve our country by ridiculously promoting voting rights for 16 year olds, convicted felons, and illegal aliens. A black candidate can't lose an election now without claiming racism and/or fraud. I find little point in criticizing sins from 150 years ago (every country has them) when affirmative action has been in place for the past almost 50 years and has worked probably well beyond expectations. Have you seen a white male on TV commercials lately that is not a dufus? Hope I've explained "my side".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Have you seen a white male on TV commercials lately that is not a dufus?

First hit on YouTube, searched for “latest tv comerciales”...

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

Look harder and more often and get back to me.
Quote Reply
Re: How Desperate are Democrats for Voters? [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Help me out here,please! you said that you are in Philly and there is still gerrymandering in Pa in order to maintain democratic districts. Did not the state supreme court redistrict the state in order to correct an obnoxiously gerrymandered map? I thought most folks on both sides were satisfied with the new boundaries. I do know the map looks a lot cleaner now. I know of a district in central Pa that you as a die hard republican and Trump supporter would feel right at home in. They would fall in love with you even if you did say you were originally from Philly.

What year was the incident of voter intimidation. And it is still ongoing, yes?

Google is a wonderful thing......use it or let me know if you need help. Thanks but central pa isn't my thing. Hope you Dems are getting your safe spaces ready for another four years.
Last edited by: gphin305: Apr 24, 19 20:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

C'mon, I hear you are smarter than this. Instead of showing commercials that were developed years ago, why don't you try looking up commercials created recently and let me know what you find.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I'll go to google for the voter intimidation gouge. Might I burden you to reflect on your feelings on how fairly or unfairly the state supreme court redrew your cong. districts. Google can't help me there. Also, I sure would like to know what your parents thought about Mr Frank Rizzo as Mayor. You did offer them as sources.
Quote Reply
Re: How Desperate are Democrats for Voters? [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
OK, I'll go to google for the voter intimidation gouge. Might I burden you to reflect on your feelings on how fairly or unfairly the state supreme court redrew your cong. districts. Google can't help me there. Also, I sure would like to know what your parents thought about Mr Frank Rizzo as Mayor. You did offer them as sources.

Like I said, snowflake, hope you are looking for a good safe space for the next six years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes like you said.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
  Why go personal and refer to me as a snowflake when you do not know me? If it was my bringing your folks into the post, you offered them up. I was only curious as to their influence on your thinking. If offense taken, I apologize. Your concern for my welfare in a " good safe place" while touching, only leaves me with more questions only you can answer. Try as I might, you do confound me. If you can come up with some compelling testimony in future posts, I might see and agree with the points you try to make.

I assume you are not going to engage in debate on current Pa congressional district maps. I can be influenced toward your direction, but you need to bring a better game.
Quote Reply

Prev Next