Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How Desperate are Democrats for Voters? [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, yes, let's use the most extreme and singular example you can think of to base your argument upon rather than looking at the sensible whole. That sure shows your intellectual rigor in forming an argument. /S

gphin305 wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
The current leading Democratic candidate, Crazy Bernie Sanders, just advocated letting convicted felons currently serving sentences having the right to vote. He went on to confirm this would include convicts like the Boston Bomber. Is Crazy Bernie really this crazy and/are Democrats really this desperate at this point to get voters?

MidwestRoadie wrote:
Honestly, what's crazy about it? Those who would be voting are still citizens and there are a hell of a lot of non-violent and non-victim criminals incarcerated, plenty of drug users incarcerated who are serving time for things that have since been decriminalized. I'm all in favor of doing what it takes to get more eligible voters to the polls and makes it easier for them to do so. What would it hurt? Do you honestly think the low percentage of voting in the general population is going to be overrun with massive amounts and percentages of incarcerated voters? They're serving their time in prison, which is enough punishment and shouldn't include losing the right to vote for those who will be their representatives once they're out. But call me crazy, because I believe in redemptive opportunities and grace and mercy and stuff, while still setting smart boundaries...

But rant on senselessly. It's your right. And I support that, as un-factual as your rants may be.

Talk about senselessly. So....you must have been one of the adoring people cheering in the audience when Bernie stated he thought the Boston Marathon Bomber should have the right to vote? And you are saying you support this? Really? You might be in the vast minority with that thought process.
Quote Reply
Re: How Desperate are Democrats for Voters? [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Oh, yes, let's use the most extreme and singular example you can think of to base your argument upon rather than looking at the sensible whole. That sure shows your intellectual rigor in forming an argument. /S

gphin305 wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
The current leading Democratic candidate, Crazy Bernie Sanders, just advocated letting convicted felons currently serving sentences having the right to vote. He went on to confirm this would include convicts like the Boston Bomber. Is Crazy Bernie really this crazy and/are Democrats really this desperate at this point to get voters?

MidwestRoadie wrote:
Honestly, what's crazy about it? Those who would be voting are still citizens and there are a hell of a lot of non-violent and non-victim criminals incarcerated, plenty of drug users incarcerated who are serving time for things that have since been decriminalized. I'm all in favor of doing what it takes to get more eligible voters to the polls and makes it easier for them to do so. What would it hurt? Do you honestly think the low percentage of voting in the general population is going to be overrun with massive amounts and percentages of incarcerated voters? They're serving their time in prison, which is enough punishment and shouldn't include losing the right to vote for those who will be their representatives once they're out. But call me crazy, because I believe in redemptive opportunities and grace and mercy and stuff, while still setting smart boundaries...

But rant on senselessly. It's your right. And I support that, as un-factual as your rants may be.

Talk about senselessly. So....you must have been one of the adoring people cheering in the audience when Bernie stated he thought the Boston Marathon Bomber should have the right to vote? And you are saying you support this? Really? You might be in the vast minority with that thought process.

What "sensible whole" are you referring to.......the other 350,000 rapists and murderers currently incarcerated? Which ones would you like to include in your 'sensible whole". Think before you answer......you're starting to sound like Crazy Bernie.
Quote Reply
Re: How Desperate are Democrats for Voters? [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
poll taxes and literacy tests didn't apply only to blacks. You are being an imbecile, you are replaying the segregationist playbook ... in the 21st century! Just stop doing that, and stop congratulating yourself on your own self-debasement.

Poll and literacy tests, at the time, affected blacks specifically (especially tests) more than whites in the same voting districts.

Today’s voting restrictions, WHICH I DON’t SUPPORT, affect individuals of all races equally.

Name for me a single precinct where it doesn’t.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: How Desperate are Democrats for Voters? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Duffy wrote:
oldandslow wrote:
Agreed, Duffy, you are simply playing it too stupid here. That kind of stupid failed 60 years ago, it's not making a comeback.

Quote:

So in the areas where these things apply is there a separate super secret polling place and registration rules that are only used by white people?

Can’t refute the point so say I’m playing stupid.

In other words, I’m right. There are no voting laws that apply only to blacks.

There needs to be a name for people who refuse to address the point someone is making.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: How Desperate are Democrats for Voters? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Duffy wrote:
oldandslow wrote:
Agreed, Duffy, you are simply playing it too stupid here. That kind of stupid failed 60 years ago, it's not making a comeback.

Quote:

So in the areas where these things apply is there a separate super secret polling place and registration rules that are only used by white people?

Can’t refute the point so say I’m playing stupid.

In other words, I’m right. There are no voting laws that apply only to blacks.

There needs to be a name for people who refuse to address the point someone is making.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Duffy wrote:
I don’t disagree with anything you said above. I do have a great wife and a bunch of great surfboards.

My point is that are no special voting opportunities which I enjoy that are not available to individuals who are black.

And no inherent deficiency in black people that makes it particularly difficult to comply with whatever voting laws are passed.

For the record I’m not in favor of laws that make voting harder.

It’s just that the idea that such laws are somehow MORE difficult for black people to follow is, well, racist.

i don't think we're that far apart. and i'm not all that against certain voter laws that identify you as a voter, that democrats are against. but, when i drive 2 miles to get to the precinct, and spend 1 minute waiting in line to vote; while a black person in louisiana drives 20 miles and spends 2 hours waiting in line; to the degree that dynamic is fueled by policies geared to make it that way, that's either: A) racism at work; or B) voter disenfranchisement at work. and that's what is happening, and it's been happening since the voting rights act was gutted by SCOTUS.

black people are voting by mail, now, as a result. voting early. so, states are clamping down on that in response. some are saying, "it's the same restrictions placed on whites who vote early as placed on blacks." but as you see, that's really not what's happening. don't fall into that trap.

Again, I’m not seeing any law forcing black people in particular to drive 20 miles and wait 2 hours. There’s no segregated voting places, one for white and one for “colored” voters.

you're choosing willful ignorance. i'm out.

No, I’m trying to figure out how a particular voting law would be harder for a black person to comply with than a non-black person.

Please explain that.

Voter suppression/difficulty and intimidation works both ways. Here in Philadelphia, white people are used to it. And Obama and Holder made it all just disappear.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/...timidation-arrested/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk7WH40eMeg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Today’s voting restrictions, WHICH I DON’t SUPPORT,

You would do better to stop there. It doesn't matter if individual precincts are the same or not. thre are obvious disparities between them. We have geographical segregation (as if you didn't know), so voting inequities in different precincts affect different populations. It doesn't differ from previous voter suppression methods in any significant manner. In fact, geographical separation makes unequal treatment easier. The important part is take the underlying goal of inequality from a previous age, and see how the same goal exists today, with different specific practices. You are quibbling about unimportant specifics, while ignoring the obvious underlying motivation.
Last edited by: oldandslow: Apr 24, 19 11:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting how you glossed right over the example of incarcerated drug users and jump right to "rapists and murderers." I take it reading comprehension isn't your thing. That's ok, it doesn't appear to be Jordan Peterson's either after the debate. In that case I'll refrain from citing the many sources factually showing rapists and criminals are a small percentage of the prison population and there are many non-violent, non-victim offenders in prison, people whom I've no qualms seeing vote. But you do you and spew your emotional drivel.

gphin305 wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

gphin305 wrote:
gphin305 wrote:

MidwestRoadie wrote:

What "sensible whole" are you referring to.......the other 350,000 rapists and murderers currently incarcerated? Which ones would you like to include in your 'sensible whole". Think before you answer......you're starting to sound like Crazy Bernie.
Quote Reply
Re: How Desperate are Democrats for Voters? [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Interesting how you glossed right over the example of incarcerated drug users and jump right to "rapists and murderers." I take it reading comprehension isn't your thing. That's ok, it doesn't appear to be Jordan Peterson's either after the debate. In that case I'll refrain from citing the many sources factually showing rapists and criminals are a small percentage of the prison population and there are many non-violent, non-victim offenders in prison, people whom I've no qualms seeing vote. But you do you and spew your emotional drivel.

You are starting to show your stupidity and I was really trying to be polite. Actually if you did your homework (or read my previous post), they make up almost 22% of the current 1.6 million incarcerated prisoners. Like, I said, think (a little longer) before you answer about someone else's "drivel".

gphin305 wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

gphin305 wrote:
gphin305 wrote:

MidwestRoadie wrote:

Last edited by: gphin305: Apr 24, 19 13:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
oldandslow wrote:
poll taxes and literacy tests didn't apply only to blacks. You are being an imbecile, you are replaying the segregationist playbook ... in the 21st century! Just stop doing that, and stop congratulating yourself on your own self-debasement.

Poll and literacy tests, at the time, affected blacks specifically (especially tests) more than whites in the same voting districts.

Today’s voting restrictions, WHICH I DON’t SUPPORT, affect individuals of all races equally.

Name for me a single precinct where it doesn’t.

everyone who understands this issue in this thread has come to the same conclusion about you: that every time an inkling threatens to invade your bubble you're squishing that inkling, wherever it resides in your head, with a ping from a ball peen hammer; or you really... are... that... dumb. and we're all wagering on the former, because none of us want to contemplate that the duffy we'd invested faith in is unworthy of that investment.

you either do understand, and you're behaving as if you're an idiot; or you don't understand, and you're unwilling to allow understanding to invade your brain; or you're cognitively unequipped to understand. and i assume it's 1 of the first 2, because of it was the 3rd option it would be cruel for me to write this.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They target precincts which are overwhelmingly black and remove voting stations from that precinct.

So, yes, it might affect the few white people that live there too but they know that it affects many, many more black people.

Do you understand?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: How Desperate are Democrats for Voters? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
They target precincts which are overwhelmingly black and remove voting stations from that precinct.

So, yes, it might affect the few white people that live there too but they know that it affects many, many more black people.

Do you understand?

What about the Black Panthers who stand around in front of the voting door with billy clubs and rifles over their shoulders intimidating white voters? This intimidation/suppression works both ways.
Quote Reply
Re: How Desperate are Democrats for Voters? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
They target precincts which are overwhelmingly democrats and remove voting stations from that precinct.

So, yes, it might affect the few republican people that live there too but they know that it affects many, many more democrat people.

Do you understand?

Fixed it for you.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heh go refresh yourself on the Voting Rights Act. BLeP's original comment was far more accurate in many states.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
BLeP wrote:
They target precincts which are overwhelmingly democrats and remove voting stations from that precinct.

So, yes, it might affect the few republican people that live there too but they know that it affects many, many more democrat people.

Do you understand?

Fixed it for you.

You’re getting closer. This tactic is also used to make it hard for college students to vote.

But there’s a big history here, 150 years long, where the black South was the overt target of voter suppression. What you’re writing could’ve been written in 1955. But everyone knows the racial history. You could know it too. Or you could remain oblivious to it. Or fain naïveté.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhpas this will help?:

From Braveheart:

LONGSHANKS: ARCHERS

English General: I beg your pardon, sire. Won't we hit our own
troops?

LONGSHANKS: Yes, but we'll hit theirs as well. We have reserves. Attack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

You are starting to show your stupidity and I was really trying to be polite. Actually if you did your homework (or read my previous post), they make up almost 22% of the current 1.6 million incarcerated prisoners. Like, I said, think (a little longer) before you answer about someone else's "drivel".

gphin305 wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

gphin305 wrote:
gphin305 wrote:

MidwestRoadie wrote:

Please learn how to reply and quote. I hate searching for what you've written inside a quote. Makes it look you are hitting the quote button and then hitting reply with out actually replying..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Do you understand?

What about the Black Panthers who stand around in front of the voting door with billy clubs and rifles over their shoulders intimidating white voters? This intimidation/suppression works both ways.

One is the government doing it. One is a bunch of thugs.

All good though because it's even I guess.

You win.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: How Desperate are Democrats for Voters? [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

gphin305 wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

gphin305 wrote:
gphin305 wrote:

MidwestRoadie wrote:

Please learn how to reply and quote. I hate searching for what you've written inside a quote. Makes it look you are hitting the quote button and then hitting reply with out actually replying..

If you take a closer look, your comment should be directed to midwestroadie. Yes, I got a headache trying to reply to his nonsense.
Quote Reply
Re: How Desperate are Democrats for Voters? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Duffy wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Do you understand?

Fixed it for you.

You’re getting closer. This tactic is also used to make it hard for college students to vote.

But there’s a big history here, 150 years long, where the black South was the overt target of voter suppression. What you’re writing could’ve been written in 1955. But everyone knows the racial history. You could know it too. Or you could remain oblivious to it. Or fain naïveté.

It “the black vote” were 50/50 or leaned republican instead of going 95% dem none of these things would happen and you know it. It isn’t a race thing it’s a politics thing.

As for college students, they should vote absentee in the district in which they come from. We’ve got UCSB here and the students for shit that will never affect them but leave lasting affects on full time residents. These same students who “vote the environment” are the same people who do this....

Annual “deltopia” trashing of Isla Vista...

http://dailynexus.com/...one-whos-been-there/

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like the BS campaign is doing some damage control and trying to reel back crazy Bernie's statement.

"BERMAN: Okay, but you do that he’s wrong about Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should have the right to vote?
REP. KHANNA: I think that I wouldn’t go that far. I mean, obviously, he should have the right to be treated for cancer if he has cancer, and he should have certain human rights, but I wouldn’t go that far in terms of giving him the right to vote."

By the way WTF!!!
" One out of every three black men are in jail or find themselves convicted of a felony."

https://www.breitbart.com/...ton-marathon-bomber/
Last edited by: getcereal: Apr 24, 19 14:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Duffy wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Do you understand?

Fixed it for you.

It “the black vote” were 50/50 or leaned republican instead of going 95% dem none of these things would happen and you know it. It isn’t a race thing it’s a politics thing.

As for college students, they should vote absentee in the district in which they come from. We’ve got UCSB here and the students for shit that will never affect them but leave lasting affects on full time residents. These same students who “vote the environment” are the same people who do this....

Annual “deltopia” trashing of Isla Vista...

http://dailynexus.com/...one-whos-been-there/

Interesting how the discussion here has morphed to black voter suppression. And now Kamala has backtracked and flip flopped again from allowing convicted murderers to vote FROM PRISON. .Promoting 16 year olds the right to vote......convicted felons. Who's next.....illegal immigrants?
Quote Reply
Re: How Desperate are Democrats for Voters? [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Sounds like the BS campaign is doing some damage control and trying to reel back crazy Bernie's statement.

"BERMAN: Okay, but you do that he’s wrong about Dzhokhar Tsarnaev should have the right to vote?
REP. KHANNA: I think that I wouldn’t go that far. I mean, obviously, he should have the right to be treated for cancer if he has cancer, and he should have certain human rights, but I wouldn’t go that far in terms of giving him the right to vote."

By the way WTF!!!
" One out of every three black men are in jail or find themselves convicted of a felony."

https://www.breitbart.com/...ton-marathon-bomber/

Must be a "fake news" article designed to suppress the black vote.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
read some history, bro. educate yourself. then type an opinion. or, you know, just type an opinion, because you can.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Umm no I am directing my comment at you. You have this several times and in more than one thread.
Quote Reply

Prev Next